Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really don't get why people liked the Artemis arc so much
    I was pretty bored all the way through. Only part I liked was the resolution. I would definitely put that arc at the bottom.

Kaldur's arc is definitely my favorite, with Raquel as a close second.
    Eh. The Mars stuff felt like a regular YJ story. When I watched the Artemis story, my brain clicked and realised "Oh they're trying to do character arcs this time".

Then they immediately dropped the ball with Zatanna vs. Child

(Also my Cassandra bias)
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Eh. The Mars stuff felt like a regular YJ story. When I watched the Artemis story, my brain clicked and realised "Oh they're trying to do character arcs this time".

Then they immediately dropped the ball with Zatanna vs. Child

(Also my Cassandra bias)
    To be honest they dropped the ball with everybody versus Child to where every magical powerhouse is useless until bad luck girl figures out a seemingly obvious method for taking Flaw out that probably would have been helpful to figure out before most of the world had been ravaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really don't get why people liked the Artemis arc so much
    I was pretty bored all the way through. Only part I liked was the resolution. I would definitely put that arc at the bottom.

Kaldur's arc is definitely my favorite, with Raquel as a close second.
    Artemis' arc blended characters in the best me and that's why I liked it the most. It did what they were trying to do: character arcs.

Progressed some older characters (Artemis, Cheshire), developed some smaller characters (Cass, Babs), and brought in new ones (Onyx). Plus, decent cameos from others.

Kladur and Raquel were side stories in theirs, M'Gann's didn't feel like her solely, and Zee was ... yeah.

It's the least fantastical of everything but I think it kept things "down to Earth" not because it was, but because it progressed the plot through the characters. It felt very classic to me, I was never overwhelmed, just whelmed and to me, I think that's good in some situations.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I'm definitely in the minority, Zatanna's was my second favorite next to Artemis'. Although I may have like Kaldur's more if they didn't release three episodes at once, watching them close to each other made it seem like the shortest (and M'Gann's felt like the longest but in a bad way).

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

The poster's out for the sixth story arc.

Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-10-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    The poster's out for the sixth story arc.

Looks like Zod and Ursa get out since they're not phantoms...but the green glow might mean some Kryptonite.

Seems like it’ll be the perfect time to bring back Black Spider.

This is a minor complaint but...I hate Phantom Girl's voice on this show. Tinya is not a spooky chick!! Just like Kitty Pryde is not a spooky chick. But they have her sounding like Raven.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like that Dick occasionally returns to Hailey's circus. He knows when to take a break when he needs one.

I'm glad that this episode is moving Zod into Superman villain territory. I wasn't fond how this show made him a legion foe

It's a decent episode but underwhelming. It's mostly the group coming back together and putting the pieces together of where Conner is. It was funny how fast Dick puts it together. I was hoping for pay off on the Jason tease but I guess that's next season. I still like Lor-zod as a villian.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-12-2022 at 10:26 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt we will get another season to paid off the teases of Jason and Damien

The problem with the Mars connection, like the GLAS one, is that there’s little to no source material on it. Giving them no incentive whatsoever to continue with those plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The problem with the Mars connection, like the GLAS one, is that there’s little to no source material on it. Giving them no incentive whatsoever to continue with those plot points.
    What do you mean? This show has been establishing details about Mars and their society since episode, like, five

Ultimate Member

Any idea who's supposed to be in that box thing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Any idea who's supposed to be in that box thing?
    The Kraizer-Thrall? IDK.

It could be Thrall, an Apokoliptan warlock who faced Doctor Fate before.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Thrall_(Prime_Earth)