Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Actually, it did. Zatanna performed magic spells directly at them (as directed by Kaldur) and was probably the most effective member in holding her own. Notice they stopped her by covering her mouth.
    Magic spells worked, magical equipment didn't. Kaldur's magical water weapons were completely useless.

In a fight like that, where there are so many unknowns, it can't hurt to attempt anything you can. The kryptonite ploy was worth the try.
    I suppose completely disarming and handing a weapon over to your opponents COULD be a strategy, but they had enough information to know that it would have no effect beyond straight up handing their opponents your last weapon

Also, don't be surprised if Nightwing actually planned for Zod to take his kryptonite from him. All may not be what it appears when it comes to a member of the Bat-family.
    On a show that wasn't as dependent on its heroes making mistakes, sure. Not this one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I want dru zod to get all his ppl out of the PZ, but stay in thrombus, and start building back a new krypton, with no powers. maybe have the GLs watch over the planet making sure they don't leave it.
    The Phantom Zone is inhumane and everybody in it needs to be rescued. They can be imprisoned or even executed afterwards but heroes that would leave people there for eternal torture are not heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The Phantom Zone is inhumane and everybody in it needs to be rescued. They can be imprisoned or even executed afterwards but heroes that would leave people there for eternal torture are not heroes.
    I guess the only real solution is putting them on a planet where they're powerless and as far away from a Yellow Sun as possible with no means of escape because we know what happens when Zod and his followers get their powers and it's not pretty.

I like that they made Malefic Miss Martian’s brother rather than Martian Manhunter’s, but I’d still like to see how a different familial connection would play out in this timeline. I mean, as far as we know, isn’t it entirely possible for his immediate family to be alive in the present?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Magic spells worked, magical equipment didn't. Kaldur's magical water weapons were completely useless.

I suppose completely disarming and handing a weapon over to your opponents COULD be a strategy, but they had enough information to know that it would have no effect beyond straight up handing their opponents your last weapon

On a show that wasn't as dependent on its heroes making mistakes, sure. Not this one, though.

which is why I said put them all on thrombus, under a red sun, under the watch of the GLs.

Lor could use some alone time in the PZ though, not forever,but enough.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

…the house of Zod does not play
    Well. They definitely told the truth there.

I’m curious to know if Superboy will succumb to his wounds due to the red sun, I certainly hope not, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I will say that I have been enjoying the Zods, I wonder why it was only Faora that was taken and not Non as well. They’ve definitely went out of their way to differentiate Faora and Ursa, where as before they were pretty much used interchangeably as Phantom Zone woman. This episode was really good, the next couple will probably be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Well. They definitely told the truth there.

I’m curious to know if Superboy will succumb to his wounds due to the red sun, I certainly hope not, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I will say that I have been enjoying the Zods, I wonder why it was only Faora that was taken and not Non as well. They’ve definitely went out of their way to differentiate Faora and Ursa, where as before they were pretty much used interchangeably as Phantom Zone woman. This episode was really good, the next couple will probably be amazing.
    It feels like they've gone through all this trouble I'm not sure what's actually gained from killing him off after letting him survive other than to cause the Team more grief.

Definitely physically they're different although personality-wise Faora seems more generic now. But I guess that's how it goes.

This is a close to a perfect show that HBO Max has as an exclusive as they can get. I can’t even imagine why Season 5 isn’t a foregone conclusion.
    Unless HBO Max starts renewing older shows or something.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This is a close to a perfect show that HBO Max has as an exclusive as they can get. I can’t even imagine why Season 5 isn’t a foregone conclusion.
    You praise this show WAY too highly.

I think you just answered the question that you didn't necessarily ask. HBO hasn't renewed it yet because they don't see the value in doing so. And the way this show has aired over the years, what's the hurry? They can just wait 3, 5, 7 years and then request another season. It's worked out so far.

HBO has a lot of past, present and future material to add to streaming. YJ is a very small part of their business plan.

I’m also hoping this show leads into Miss Martian being used more in the comics.

You praise this show WAY too highly.

I think you just answered the question that you didn't necessarily ask. HBO hasn't renewed it yet because they don't see the value in doing so. And the way this show has aired over the years, what's the hurry? They can just wait 3, 5, 7 years and then request another season. It's worked out so far.

HBO has a lot of past, present and future material to add to streaming. YJ is a very small part of their business plan.
    Well, YJ was one of the major shows to get HBO Max on the map.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It is highly unlikely that ANYONE purchased a subscription to HBO Max based on a need to see YJ.

I can see some getting it for access to new movie releases. I can even see some getting it to see the DC hub in general or past HBO exclusive content.

But YJ specifically? That is a bit of a reach.

If it that big of a show for HBO, not only would Season 5 be locked already, they'd commit for multiple seasons.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Day one releases on the platform last year did that.

Essentially, since it has all of the DC content, they should be embracing that and Young Justice is the only show they have that features all of, if not, most, of the DC universe.

Ultimate Member

It is highly unlikely that ANYONE purchased a subscription to HBO Max based on a need to see YJ.

I can see some getting it for access to new movie releases. I can even see some getting it to see the DC hub in general or past HBO exclusive content.

But YJ specifically? That is a bit of a reach.

If it that big of a show for HBO, not only would Season 5 be locked already, they'd commit for multiple seasons.
    HBO Max comes with my cable package, so I didn't 'purchase it' for anything. (Not like cable in the first place, which I only got back in the day to see Babylon 5, a show long dead...)

But I haven't watched it since Game of Thrones ended, until Young Justice came on, because I wasn't that interested in their other stuff. Now, because I'm checking it to see if there's a new Young Justice every week, I've ended up watching Peacemaker and Harley Quinn, both of which I wouldn't have checked out (since neither of those characters particularly interest me) without having a reason to go to HBO Max every week (which is sad, because they're both quite fun!).

Oh, and, thanks to HBO Max, again, which I only log into for Young Justice episodes, I saw the latest Batman (again, not a character that particularly interests me, so I wouldn't otherwise have sought out).

So Young Justice is turning me on to other DC properties, some of which (Harley and Peacemaker), I'm really enjoying and looking forward to new seasons of.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Except for the part where the creators are obsessed with some of their least interesting characters, and the larger plot just isn't that interesting.

Honestly, I've struggled to get through this season. It's just such a chore to watch. S1 and S3 are the strongest so far.