Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

I'm hoping the Wonder Twins keep the alien designs and codenames that they had in JLU when they pop up.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-18-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Wow, Grayven. He was in one of the first Green Lantern comics I ever bought.
    This one surprised me. I love that the writers of the show choose to include Darkseid's other son. The comics are so uptight about adding anything new to the New Gods mythos that any new characters usually get ignored pretty fast so to see a latter addition like Grayven not only used in the show but to be front and center along with daddy Darkseid and brother Kalibak made me smile. It is stuff like this and how they have intergrated Vandal Savage into so much DC history which has made the Young Justice unvierse my current favorite version of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping the Wonder Twins keep the alien designs and codenames that they had in JLU when they pop up.

I wonder would they be connected to Vandal Savage like they were in the comics.

We saw Superboy vs Mongul briefly and it makes me wonder if Superboy ends up fighting General Zod if he can take him by himself at this stage or if he’ll need a teams help.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post

They weren't even the same characters. The writer have Savage new kids and lifted their designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post

Savage could have some off world children.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Savage could have some off world children.
    Especially on the Young Justice toon!

I think it’s interesting that Young Justice is diverging from having problems be solved by fighting.
    Even Ocean Master was “defeated” by evaporating (?) and he was the last major rogue to be featured in an arc that ended.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Delphis is simply Atlantean for Dolphin.
    It is. But unlike say Coral, she uses the Altantean form when speaking English, therefore it's not appropriate to refer to her as Dolphin.

https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Delphis
    Last edited by Shamrock Holmes; 04-18-2022 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Adding a wiki link

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll do my best.

From left to right:

1st row - Zatara, Red Arrow (Will Harper), Tempest (Garth), Troia (Donna), Mary Bromfield, Clayface (Matt Hagen)

2nd row - Bumblebee, Guardian II (Mal Duncan), Guardian I (Jim Harper), Dubbilex, Adam Strange, Alana (Strange?)

3rd row - Isis, B'arzz O'oomm (?), Asami Koiszumi, Tye Longshadow, Mera, Dolphin

4th row - Wynnde, (Character obscured by Black Lightning's head), Khalid Nassour, Jason Blood, (Character obscured by Superman's head), Madame Xanadu
    Thanks! I thought Clayface was a genomorph or something, and yeah, B'arzz and Mera I couldn't place, but I see it now. Maybe Thirteen is one of the obscured pictures?

It feels like these characters are mostly listed in order of appearance or implied appearance (like Garth and Donna) on the show (which would even kind of fit Isis who we saw in season two before B'arzz became a hero), although Mera and Xanadu are out of place. Maybe it has to do with the League/Zeta Tube designations?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    A) Despite all the jokes, it's really freaking hard to get in the Justice League. Other than Isis, no new characters are on the board that we can see.
    Not surprising. They have a UN charter, so there's probably a lot of vetting and pre-screening they have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This one surprised me. I love that the writers of the show choose to include Darkseid's other son. The comics are so uptight about adding anything new to the New Gods mythos that any new characters usually get ignored pretty fast so to see a latter addition like Grayven not only used in the show but to be front and center along with daddy Darkseid and brother Kalibak made me smile. It is stuff like this and how they have intergrated Vandal Savage into so much DC history which has made the Young Justice unvierse my current favorite version of DC.
    When they revealed that Red Inferno used to be Firebrand, I knew this show could respect DC history and go in its own direction.

This version of Superman is likely to get stronger with time.
    We might see some unexpected things during the inevitable battle with Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This version of Superman is likely to get stronger with time.
    We might see some unexpected things during the inevitable battle with Darkseid.
    Like the Galick Gun! Or Spirit Bomb!

You jest but he does have the solar flare and the sun-charged super punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    It is. But unlike say Coral, she uses the Altantean form when speaking English, therefore it's not appropriate to refer to her as Dolphin.

https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Delphis
    I mean, it's like with Mary Marvel being called "Sgt. Marvel" on this show...everyone's still probably going to call her by her more recognizable name.

You know it may be cheap to say this, but you can call the characters whatever you want just make sure to mention who you’re talking about if prompted. There’s nothing wrong with having preferences like that.