Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Astonishing Member

Not a bad ending. The one thing that still bothers me is a general DC paradigm complaint. Too many Kryptonians. Supes and Kara were unique for quite awhile. We had some flukes like Kandor but now we have significant numbers of them flying all over the place in almost every medium. Oh, well.

Same thing with Martians - so they are equivalent to Kryptonians in some takes and we have an entire planet of them just next door.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I can't say I'm a fan of either Countdown or Heroes in Crisis, but I do appreciate the show tackling all eras of DC history. Still, they spent way too much time on the idea of heroes needing to do something about mental health and Black Canary working on it all season for them to still say they're not doing enough in the finale.
    Considering how long it took for Garfield to get the help he needs with his teammates treating him like shit, she has a point about them not doing enough still lol.

That's a good question. I guess because the forces of Apokolips have an established female fighting force it makes sense for it to be Mary and Kara (or else it could've been Freddy and Match used for the story), but I give this show way more credit than good girls going bad is hot. Kara is the biggest junior partner we haven't seen yet. Many characters on the show have dipped their toes into evil, similar to how at the end of season one Artemis, M'Gann, and Superboy all ended up being tempted by the bad guys.
    Wouldn't count M'gann in season 1, she was blackmailed lol.

Her extreme actions in season 2, those were more fitting with that, done out of her own will too, not being coerced by someone else.

I don't think Artemis needs to know since that gave her enough closure, but that would be interesting for Zatanna to face her more questionable actions.
    The problem is that it gave her fake closure, they pretended to be Wally to do so, that's pretty gross even though they had good intentions.

Would be pretty funny if season 5 brings that up again to give drama between Conner and M'gann again, only for him to forgive her, again.

This just made me realize "M'gann" rhymes with "again", which does help to make Conner constantly forgiving her bad actions even funnier somehow lol.

At this point we definitely still need Vandal Savage, and he uses Klarion often enough, but I don't think the Light is necessary.
    Yeah, the Light members' utilities was randomized after season 1, in season 2, only Vandal, Klarion, Queen Been and Luthor had any real importance, but Klarion and Queen Bee were just plot devices (Klarion to teleport away Vandal, Queen Bee because her country was used for metahuman trafficking and fixing Blue and Green Beetles), in season 3 it's mostly just Vandal and Luthor, season 4 is just Vandal and Klarion.

So yeah, Vandal and Klarion are the biggest constants here, and Vandal in particular gets rather silly wanks... Him being the origin of meta gene, Homo Magi, Atlanteans, being the reason why Atlantis sunk, and being the reason why the Starro invasion happened so many years later... It can look a bit odd to suddenly make him be behind all of this if you don't know comics, but if you do, it can become a big "but why" moment lol.

It's also worth pointing out that from season 1 to 3, there was one specific member who was useful for that specific season, Orm in season 1 was the smallest one, since all he did was let Light know where Starro was, season 2 had Black Manta, and that whole plot with Kaldur'ahm pretending to be evil to be on his side, and season 3 had Granny as an overall active force, and at the end, Zviad/Not-Maxwell Lord, with him quickly getting Brion to Light's side.

Zviad was basically useless in season 4 though, then again, Light barely shows up in that season.

I only want to see Queen Bee again if someone takes her down.
    She barely gets to speak since season 1, I'll be surprised if something actually happens with her, or it happens offscreen, she could always be another Orm...

Too bad they can't do a spin-off series so it'd be like having Teen Titans and Titans comic books both coming out. Given his Justice League experience, Kaldur is way too senior to be spending a lot of time with young heroes, and even Dick and Artemis are juggling other responsibilities. With Conner and M'Gann not mentoring the Team? Where does that leave everyone?
    It doesn't help that, since season 3, the only newcomer who gets consistent screen time is Garfield, the others from season 2 and season 3 all got sidelined really hard.

Either way, despite the "Young Justice" name, the cartoon is all about the original Team members, so even though season 4 can tone down Conner's and M'gann's appearances, I doubt it'd happen, specially if they do a followup on Kara, because having a surviving Kryptonian around brainwashed into evil, and not having Conner at least interact with her would be odd.

Mary's not just struggling with withdrawal and addiction, she's also feeling betrayal. That voice in her head is an immensely skilled manipulator who is an expert at breaking down the wills of others. Granny Goodness' experience with corruption can't be understated.
    Man if you start hearing someone else's voice on your own head you don't listen to 'em no matter how much they kiss your ass lol.

"Skilled manipulator" Granny only didn't have her plans immediately ruined because Mary is a dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    In all fairness, there was a Shazam family sub-plot that was cut when Invasion went down 6 episodes.
    Not quite.

Invasion was originally going to be ten episodes, and then was doubled to twenty. It was never going to be twenty-six episodes.

The 'Origin of the Marvel Family' plot was intended to be part of the tie-in comics that were aborted a few issues early by the PTB in order to tie-in to Invasion (which was screening by the time #20 was printed), and then turned around and cancelled that after only half-a-dozen issues thus foiling at least one or two other plots (the origin of Traya being the main confirmed one IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    The same went for Traci in Zee's arc, had last season explored her self-doubt with her powers the revelation and win over Child would've been a lot more satisfying.
    While it's less obvious than it could be due to her limited screentime, Traci's self-doubt was mentioned in at least one episode of Outsiders (specifically Away Mission).

I do not think Young Justice has introduced Shazam (to avoid confusion, the wizard) and his helper (?) that could be something else we see if the Marvel family gets significant focus in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I do not think Young Justice has introduced Shazam (to avoid confusion, the wizard) and his helper (?) that could be something else we see if the Marvel family gets significant focus in the next season.
    Billy's been around since season 1. When his real age as discovered, it was a big deal in the Justice League.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Same thing with Martians - so they are equivalent to Kryptonians in some takes and we have an entire planet of them just next door.
    That was partially done to differentiate them from the Kryptonians, and with them being a living civilization, there's much to do with them than if they were extinct.

Tawny? He was introduced as a Kobra-Venom altered tiger way back in season one. I don't think they've revealed what's happened to him since.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    That was partially done to differentiate them from the Kryptonians, and with them being a living civilization, there's much to do with them than if they were extinct.
    They're lucky Malefak is the only major villainous White Martian. If they were anything like in the comics in this series, the heroes would be utterly screwed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're lucky Malefak is the only major villainous White Martian. If they were anything like in the comics in this series, the heroes would be utterly screwed.
    Not really. Just need some matches

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Not a bad ending. The one thing that still bothers me is a general DC paradigm complaint. Too many Kryptonians. Supes and Kara were unique for quite awhile. We had some flukes like Kandor but now we have significant numbers of them flying all over the place in almost every medium. Oh, well.

isn't many of the members of the Legion of superheroes from planets where all the ppl have the same powers?

And they do alright, and can still shine
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not really. Just need some matches
    Unless they get mind-breaked before then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Man if you start hearing someone else's voice on your own head you don't listen to 'em no matter how much they kiss your ass lol.

"Skilled manipulator" Granny only didn't have her plans immediately ruined because Mary is a dumbass.
    I feel like the 'wisdom of Solomon' should make a Marvel totally immune to both brainwashing and the sort of crisis of confidence that Mary is experiencing. Her emotional self-sufficiency and perception should be as superhuman as her physical strength or ability to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like the 'wisdom of Solomon' should make a Marvel totally immune to both brainwashing and the sort of crisis of confidence that Mary is experiencing. Her emotional self-sufficiency and perception should be as superhuman as her physical strength or ability to fly.
    Solomon wasn't exactly immune to making rash and stupid decisions either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Billy's been around since season 1. When his real age as discovered, it was a big deal in the Justice League.
    ……..……What?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Tawny? He was introduced as a Kobra-Venom altered tiger way back in season one. I don't think they've revealed what's happened to him since.
    He’s Billy’s best friend.
    Last edited by TheRay; 06-15-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

……..……What?

The show dedicated the b plot of an entire episode of the league discussing if they should allow Billy to stay in the League while deciding on adding new members

……..……What?