Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Usually it just means the hero is a part of the team, but because of other things in their lives they can't be full time active members. The Avengers used to work that way with past members still having their ID cards which could be used to call them in for major emergencies when really needed. Being in the League is a time consuming gig and some just can't swing being on call 24/7.
    That was why Arthur left the League. Garth and Donna Troy work for the UN full time and aren't full time Leaguers anymore either. Will Harper is another example of that kind of thing.

There are probably a bunch of heroes in similar situations that we haven't seen yet. Maybe there are other JSA members besides Jay Garrick still alive ( Alan Scott and Johnny Thunder are magic based; it's possible they are still around).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Gar's support system is trash, where is Black Canary?
    Mostly at the Meta-Human Youth Center treating the probably two-hundred plus meta-teens that the Justice League rescued from the Orphanage that M'gann left her to deal with essentially by herself (with very limited amateur assistance from Neut and maybe Ed), plus helping Halo -- who actually wants help, and doing check-in rounds of the dozens of other Justice League, Team and Outsider members.

As much as we might like to see her wasting precious time trying to force Gar to accept help, a) that rarely if ever works, and b) she doesn't have time.
    Last edited by Shamrock Holmes; 12-28-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post

As much as we might like to see her wasting precious time trying to force Gar to accept help, a) that rarely if ever works, and b) she doesn't have time.
    100% This

I'm in no way an expert but I've seen three cases of someone's life go in such a downward spiral. One from depression and the other two were drug addiction (one passed away)

If somebody doesn't want or think they don't want help, that person is very dismissive or even angry if you try offering it. I know its frustrating as hell. All I can really recommend if its anything like what I went through, you're in this dark place with no way out. You can't see anything and whatever place you're in, its just getting more and more hopeless. They need a spark or reason to get back up and start looking for a way out again.

I'm personally hoping its Superman that helps Garth out. Next to M'gann, he felt Conner's Loss (for love and regret) and understands more than others. One of my favorite scenes for this season was seeing Superman struggle with Conner's Loss and talk about it with Lois. Maybe have something similar with him and Beast Boy. Have him tell Garth that Conner was proud of what he was doing and if the roles were reversed and it was Beast Boy that died, would you have wanted to see Conner in Beast Boy's State? Superman should also mention there are people that love him but at the same time need him. Definitely tell Garth to think of his sister, (who was going to be Conner's Wife.)

I know it hurts to lose a loved one but his sister has to be in far more pain. I'd use sympathy but in Garth's Situation, at the same time I'd tell him to "Man Up"
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-28-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Not gonna lie, was expecting more finality to this mid-season finale (a character death perhaps), but still like alot of what I saw:

1) I offically have had it with Garf; Perdita was the perfect person to snap him out of his funk (she knows what it's like to lose a family member and have burden a responisblity). I'm patiently waiting for him to OD, so he can wake up in hospital to a riot act from his friends and family.

2) Vandal Savage is officially going up in my DC Villains tier; he now has the Lords of Order and Chaos eating outta the palm of his hand (plus love the Lords using Phantom Stranger as communications, eyes lit to their colours)

3) Like how they're making Zatanna a morally scrupulous character; making a school of magic users with the end goal of using them to replace her father as Fate's Host.

4) I grew up with Countdown to FInal Crisis, I can guess where they're going with Mary Marvel (especially how obvious who that voice is talking to her)

Quick question, was that Isis with Ice in that Cameo at the North Pole (if so, that probably means the YJ Debut of Adrianna Tomaz, and I've been wanting to see the Black Marvel family appear for some time).
    Last edited by Multiverse; 12-30-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If they are setting up the villain Mary Marvel from countdown then the addicted to power element they gave her makes more sense now.

Ultimate Member

She wasn't that interesting a character, but I kinda hoped that Child would stick around.

I'm kinda tired of there being only two factions, and she would have made a good wild card

I feel like the slideshow segment of this episode definitely stretched it in-as-far as using slideshows for content that is actually happening in real time instead of just flashbacks. Like, it's basically just characters talking to each other, and not even that many. They really couldn't animate that?

Overall, I think this was a solid and good magic DCU arc as far as lore and the characters featured are concerned...but not a great Zatanna arc. Like, she's in it, stuff she sets in motion ends up paying off in the end, and the emotional arc of her and father finally reaches a relatively happy ending, but she felt so much in the background for much of this arc and didn't seem to actually contribute that much directly to anything compared to her protege's or Fate/Klarion, and stuff that could have been spent developing her character more went into developing the series' lore with Vandal Savage/Klarion, Beast Boy's depression, her protege's, or her own father. Really, the only thing new we learned about her is that she potentially was grooming her protege's as part of her plan to get her father back by changing how Fate's hosts work, and having said protege's (and at least herself) sacrificing part of their lives just so she can get Giovanni back. She never denied it when Khalid confronted her about it and she already indicated she was aiming at him to be a Fate. So, the one thing we learn about who should've been the hero in this arc...is that she's maybe not that much of a hero when it comes to her father, even if things worked out for the best. As a Zatanna fan, I can't say I'm all that happy, feeling she got the bare minimum and not the best material in this, and fell flat compared to how they handled the rest of the Team members.

Meet the new Teekl. Same as the old Teekl. Although can she transform too?

Was that...Isis who showed up out of nowhere? I feel like I should know who the blue-haired woman is but her name escapes me?

Does anyone else think Vandal Savage is so pretentious talking to the Lords of Order and Chaos like he did even knowing what he's working towards and what he's done? Of course he ends up contributing more to saving the day than Zatanna did.

Etrigan and Blue Devil got screentime but then basically played no part in the climax. It's one of the flaws of this show's sporadic character focus where they introduce characters, give them a bit of significant screentime, but then they fade into the background rather than stay relevant. I guess the show was honest from the onset in terms of Zatanna's protege's being the key to saving the day, moreso than Zatanna herself actually was, but I wanted to see more from other characters too.

Well, Perdita finally finds time to visit Beast Boy and tries to be there for him, but again he's shutting everyone out and basically given up, and more or less breaks up with her. I mean, I guess it finally puts the nail in everything Gar had going for him up to this point and how much he's losing by just shutting down, but...can we finally make some progress on this? I get it, it's realistic how Gar's depression is being handled, but with so much screentime and so little progress to show for it I'm ready for something to finally happen.

"I need more power" maybe you could have just transformed Mary?

If defeating Flaw was as simple as using Traci's bad luck magic on it...they're only realizing that now? Like I guess it made sense in context but it seemed like such a simple and easy solution to save until the very end when they maybe could have done it way earlier and avert tons of disasters.

I gotta say...I really did not like how this arc handled Mary or the show's take on her. It's bad enough they made her into a magic addict obsessed with power and her hero self gets depicted as a bad thing and who gets compared, negatively, to Nabu or that she seems so angry and tense all the time (which isn't Mary's personality at all), but not only is she the "failure" of Zatanna's protege's for her actions but she's apparently getting brainwashed by Granny Goodness into turning from the heroes because they're holding her back, implying we're getting Final Crisis Mary Marvel. I can't believe this show would potentially draw from what was universally regarded as the worst thing to ever happen to the character. I mean, the show has made things work in the past but nothing in this episode gives me the impression they really know what they're doing with Mary. Probably one of the worst parts of the arc for me.

I guess it makes sense that the most "fair" thing to do with Fate is to have a team of people alternating instead of having one person stuck doing it in perpetuity...but what if just losing one week starts getting to them? Traci seemed gung-ho for it but Khalid seemed like he knew what he was risking more than she did, even though she's 18 (and they finally mention her dad, Doctor 13, but of course we don't see him). And will changing bodies mean Fate might not be as effective depending on who is currently the host? Like, I get why they came up with this solution, but I can see there being issues with it. But I guess it's better than Khalid just being the new permanent host. Also, is that crack in the helmet never getting fixed?

I'm glad everyone on the bus got sent to their proper time and got the therapy with Black Canary they need.

So...Conner's soul, huh...the bus was traveling through time and space so is it showing Conner is stuck in the future or stuck in some kind of limbo the Legion have him in to fix him? He isn't at "rest" but is that because he's not actually dead or because nobody knows what really happened to him? Either way, hey, Conner's probably not really dead but I think everyone already knew that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I gotta say...I really did not like how this arc handled Mary or the show's take on her. It's bad enough they made her into a magic addict obsessed with power and her hero self gets depicted as a bad thing and who gets compared, negatively, to Nabu or that she seems so angry and tense all the time (which isn't Mary's personality at all), but not only is she the "failure" of Zatanna's protege's for her actions but she's apparently getting brainwashed by Granny Goodness into turning from the heroes because they're holding her back, implying we're getting Final Crisis Mary Marvel. I can't believe this show would potentially draw from what was universally regarded as the worst thing to ever happen to the character. I mean, the show has made things work in the past but nothing in this episode gives me the impression they really know what they're doing with Mary. Probably one of the worst parts of the arc for me.
    It doesn't help that the Marvel family were suppose to have a storyline in the comic tie-in before it got scrapped; and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was that story that would have showed how Mary gave up the power of Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    It doesn't help that the Marvel family were suppose to have a storyline in the comic tie-in before it got scrapped; and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was that story that would have showed how Mary gave up the power of Shazam.
    I think I get it now though. The show is writing a version of Mary where the Countdown/Final Crisis version of her makes sense compared to the comic version where it didn't, which explains why her personality and depiction feels so off.

That was Ice and Isis at the North Pole. Isis, being a mystical hero, was most likely contacted by the Stranger to aid in the battle with child. I suppose she could be a new member of the League if not she will probably end up on the League Reserves that Superman wants to set up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    That was Ice and Isis at the North Pole. Isis, being a mystical hero, was most likely contacted by the Stranger to aid in the battle with child. I suppose she could be a new member of the League if not she will probably end up on the League Reserves that Superman wants to set up.
    Here's hoping it's the YJ debut of Andriana Tomaz, Black Adam's Love Interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Here's hoping it's the YJ debut of Andriana Tomaz, Black Adam's Love Interest.
    Hope so as well!

It's so random they'd just throw those two characters in there for basically a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so random they'd just throw those two characters in there for basically a cameo.
    I'm guessing they are showing who is going to be o League reserves but i could be wrong,

I'm guessing they are showing who is going to be o League reserves but i could be wrong,
    It's just a weird sequence to suddenly feature two random characters showing up, focusing on them in close-up, and only relying on hardcore comic fans to actually recognize them.