Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm disappointed that Hal didn't recognize her.
    I guess he was too focused on finding his missing ring...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Does "the team" still exist? I don't think we've anything about them all season.
    The team kind of split in two with some going to the more public Outsiders and some staying on the covert team.

Outsiders - Beast Boy, Blue Beelte, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Static, and Robin all left the "team" and joined the Outsiders. Since then that team has added Looker, Livewire, Terra, Stargirl, El Doradoa and Windfall

"covert team" - Orphan, Arsenal, Arrowette, Halo, and Spoiler, along with Miss Martian, Nightwing, and Tigress. I am not sure if Traci 13, Mary Marvel, and Khalid Nassour are considered part of the team anymore or just their own thing

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The team kind of split in two with some going to the more public Outsiders and some staying on the covert team.

Outsiders - Beast Boy, Blue Beelte, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Static, and Robin all left the "team" and joined the Outsiders. Since then that team has added Looker, Livewire, Terra, Stargirl, El Doradoa and Windfall

"covert team" - Orphan, Arsenal, Arrowette, Halo, and Spoiler, along with Miss Martian, Nightwing, and Tigress. I am not sure if Traci 13, Mary Marvel, and Khalid Nassour are considered part of the team anymore or just their own thing
    Not sure about Traci 13 since while she mentions the team in her test of faith, I can't remember if it's past or present tense. However, she, Mary Marvel and Khalid are supppose to be or become Sentinels of Magic according to Zatanna in the first episode of the magic arc. That's what she's training them to be. Whether the Sentinels of Magis is an existing team in Young Justice or not I don't know.

I think it's said in the first episode that Mary has left whatever team she was on because she had to cut herself off from her Marvel persona, and so far, Khalid has not been mentioned or shown to have been on any team before.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-23-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, there doesn't seem to be much of a team, League or otherwise, Outsiders excluded.

They seem to be a team the way the FBI is a team, with different groups assembled as needed for the mission

I loved GL:TAS, so this episode hit me in the gut in so many ways. Moreso than "Barehanded" on Justice League Action since you don't get the connection until the very end. I wonder if there is some kind of cosmic multiversal constant that connects Razer and Aya and they will eventually run into each other somewhere else. It's gone past the point of fun nods to a previous series, we need a full follow-up!

As for the rest of the episode, I continue to enjoy how the cosmic scope is weighted against Rocket's responsibility as a mother. And both Foragers are credited as "Forager"? I wonder if it's like that in the script. Them talking to each other was like a South Park joke, but it was cute.

Bart gets to show a little of his original personality, that was cool, and we get some much needed backstory from the Legion.

Do we know what year Young Justice takes place or if they had to do a subtle change between seasons 2 and 3? Given Jay is 102 and he has lived through some world events with concrete dates, I wonder if there's a way to figure it out.

The GL series must have happened in YJ
    Probably the broad strokes, but there are a few things that would contradict each other. Alan Scott's a big one since GL:TAS implied he's from Earth-Two whereas Young Justice established him as part of the JSA. Also I think there's some incongruity with Carol and Guy.

I think Razer's story is there to provide closure to the GL series as that show abruptly ended. Being a blue lantern would make sense given the direction the character was going after breaking away from the red lanterns.
    Closure nothing, I want more.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Oh, and since we got references to two previous DC Nation shows now (Teen Titans Go and Green Lantern: TAS), can we expect a Beware the Batman tribute for season 5? Or am I hoping for too much?
    I'd be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thinking on it, there's kind of a six degree separation going on with the voice cast between YJ and GL:TAS. Jason Spisak is numerous characters in this show and who did he play in GL:TAS? Razer! Kevin Michael Richardson is also a voice for quite a few characters and who did he play in GL:TAS? Kilowog! Phil Morris just recently joined the cast and who did he play in GL:TAS? Saint Walker! Grey Griffin playsw supporting characters, and who did she play in GL:TAS? Aya! And Josh Keaton has popped up in the show numerous times and who did he play in GL:TAS? Hal Freakin' Jordan! It's all connected.
    This season had me excited that they gave the connection to the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon, but I had no idea how connected it would be to GL! Although I'm still getting some Drax vibes from Lor-Zod.

Jor-El basically looks like his son in Krpytonian clothes. Also, Zor-El! Who instead of being a fellow scientist like his brother turned out to be a Kryptonian judge. But the fact that they directly mentioned her dad makes me think they do have plans for Kara at some point.
    I've been dying to see a Phil Bourassa design for Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I loved GL:TAS, so this episode hit me in the gut in so many ways. Moreso than "Barehanded" on Justice League Action since you don't get the connection until the very end. I wonder if there is some kind of cosmic multiversal constant that connects Razer and Aya and they will eventually run into each other somewhere else. It's gone past the point of fun nods to a previous series, we need a full follow-up!
    I can't wait for the culmination of this sub-plot in My Adventures with Superman .
    As for the rest of the episode, I continue to enjoy how the cosmic scope is weighted against Rocket's responsibility as a mother. And both Foragers are credited as "Forager"? I wonder if it's like that in the script. Them talking to each other was like a South Park joke, but it was cute.
    I guess their kid would be Forager too...
    Bart gets to show a little of his original personality, that was cool, and we get some much needed backstory from the Legion.
    I miss his Impulse suit and personality.
    Do we know what year Young Justice takes place or if they had to do a subtle change between seasons 2 and 3? Given Jay is 102 and he has lived through some world events with concrete dates, I wonder if there's a way to figure it out.
    I think in-universe it's supposed to be 2020.
    Probably the broad strokes, but there are a few things that would contradict each other. Alan Scott's a big one since GL:TAS implied he's from Earth-Two whereas Young Justice established him as part of the JSA. Also I think there's some incongruity with Carol and Guy.
    Speaking of Alan, the way Rocket only mentioned 3 Earth GL's tells me the 4th GL on the League is him. Unless it's Jade going by Green Lantern.
    I'd be all for it.
    Well, Katana hasn't said anything yet, so you never know when Sumalee Montano might pop up and mention how she used to be Bruce Wayne's bodyguard...
    This season had me excited that they gave the connection to the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon, but I had no idea how connected it would be to GL! Although I'm still getting some Drax vibes from Lor-Zod.
    Those Zod kids sure give the Legion a headache.
    I've been dying to see a Phil Bourassa design for Supergirl.
    I'd love to see their take on Supergirl as well.

I can't wait for the culmination of this sub-plot in My Adventures with Superman .

I guess their kid would be Forager too...

I miss his Impulse suit and personality.

Speaking of Alan, the way Rocket only mentioned 3 Earth GL's tells me the 4th GL on the League is him. Unless it's Jade going by Green Lantern.

Well, Katana hasn't said anything yet, so you never know when Sumalee Montano might pop up and mention how she used to be Bruce Wayne's bodyguard...

Those Zod kids sure give the Legion a headache.

I'd love to see their take on Supergirl as well.
    I've been waiting for that since season 1 of Young Justice.

Fantastic Member

Blue Beetle.

El Dorado.

At last report, Superboy and Forager were with the Outsiders. Cyborg was briefly with them before being promoted to the Justice League proper.

Mist is also part of the Team, though like Halo she was excluded from the discussion at the Vault for whatever reason and seems to spend most of her off-time with the Outsiders at the Hub.

Mary Bromfield was part of the Team before her power addiction forced her to abandon her Sergeant Marvel identity.

Traci Thurston aka Thirteen was part of the Team in s3, however it's possible that she's "retired" from that role for her magic training.

Khalid isn't linked to any of the groups specifically.

FWIW, all three are included on the list of candidates for the Justice League Reserves, which include several former members of the Team, but don't include any currently active ones.

Actually, I take it back. It would be hilarious if this just became a running gag.

Clark: Hey Alexa, what's the weather supposed to be today?
    Alexa: I am not Alexa. I am a disembodied artificial intelligence with no memory of my origin. I feel compelled to search for something. You haven't seen a man named Razer, have you?
    Clark: You just missed him on Harley Quinn, but if you hurry, you might be able to meet up with him on Batman: Caped Crusader.

So Jay would be born in 1918? That tracks. Does that bump up the dates of seasons 1 and 2, though, so they take place a couple years after they originally aired?

When was it established there are 4 Green Lanterns on Earth?

That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So Jay would be born in 1918? That tracks. Does that bump up the dates of seasons 1 and 2, though, so they take place a couple years after they originally aired?
    YJ Wiki has season 1 at 2010 and season 2 at 2016.
    When was it established there are 4 Green Lanterns on Earth?
    When Orin was talking about Kaldur and La'gann also being Aquaman's he mentioned the League had two Flashes and four GL's to justify it. Obviously the 2nd Flash is Jay, but unless Kyle showed up it seems like the only other GL would be Alan.

I think it’s a bit of a shame that we haven’t seen Flashback yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think it’s a bit of a shame that we haven’t seen Flashback yet.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Flashback_(Earth-One)

This guy?

I wasn’t aware of him, but actually yeah?

Mighty Member

You know, Razor’s whole appearance and story here as well as Aya’s nod in Justice League action reminded me of when on the Marvel side of things, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes tried to throw fallen brother Spectacular Spider-Man a bone, but was intercepted by Disney.

That said, the Apokoliptan looking device that Lor has with him, the “Kaizer-Thrall”, kind of translates to "King-Servitude”, methinks that Darkseid has plans for the Kryptonians that will be released. There has been a recurring theme of mind control in this series, with it being a major thing in season 1 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, Razor’s whole appearance and story here as well as Aya’s nod in Justice League action reminded me of when on the Marvel side of things, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes tried to throw fallen brother Spectacular Spider-Man a bone, but was intercepted by Disney.

That said, the Apokoliptan looking device that Lor has with him, the “Kaizer-Thrall”, kind of translates to "King-Servitude”, methinks that Darkseid has plans for the Kryptonians that will be released. There has been a recurring theme of mind control in this series, with it being a major thing in season 1 and 3.
    I doubt Darkseid would want to bring in a tyrannical Krpytonian despot without having a backup plan in place.