Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Fantastic Member

Default Young Justice

What was everyone thoughts on this season?
    Felt a bit like a set up season for the forth. I give it 7 out of 10. More thoughts when people reply

Honestly, I enjoyed it a lot. It ended strong and I'm pretty stoked for season 4. The middle might have dragged and they probably spread itself too thin. Which has always been a problem the series had.

A lot of setup, certainly. Like the horde of Super Babies, Jason Todd, and even the ending itself (with a world of possibilities for Tara for once). It really seems like its heading towards Final Crisis. Though the "how" and the way it does it are most certainly going to be different (even the Judas Contract was done differently).

I liked how it ended. Once Cyborg became a hero it got way better
    For awhile in the middle theyrr were doing this thing with Beast boy and the Outsiders that I didnt like at all. But around the time Cyborg got control over his powers the show got real good again. They devoted an entire episode to Mal,Karen and they're family. Anyway yea really liked it

Boisterously Confused

The last couple of episodes bounced back hard and strong. It was nice to see the bad guys take one on the nose, even if they're still moving their plan forward. Some of the voice acting has been weak and overdone. All in all tho, I liked it.

In a way, it makes me a little sad. It feels like an Elseworlds based on a DCU that Flashpoint wiped away.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The last couple of episodes bounced back hard and strong. It was nice to see the bad guys take one on the nose, even if they're still moving their plan forward. Some of the voice acting has been weak and overdone. All in all tho, I liked it.

In a way, it makes me a little sad. It feels like an Elseworlds based on a DCU that Flashpoint wiped away.
    ETA: The Golden Ring blew my mind!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Just finished this and I have to say I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this show. It did drag a bit in the middle with Beast Boy's team but it picked right up towards the end when it focused on strong character development. I'm pretty pumped to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Just finished this and I have to say I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this show. It did drag a bit in the middle with Beast Boy's team but it picked right up towards the end when it focused on strong character development. I'm pretty pumped to see more.
    I think a portion of the original fandom is missing because of two reasons: it's only available on a streaming service one must subscribe to, and it's not available worldwide.

Getting a VPN and reaching into your wallet are easy steps to take, but not everyone will be motivated to do so immediately.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I think a portion of the original fandom is missing because of two reasons: it's only available on a streaming service one must subscribe to, and it's not available worldwide.

Getting a VPN and reaching into your wallet are easy steps to take, but not everyone will be motivated to do so immediately.
    That's certainly true. I myself only recently jumped on the wagon so to speak, I had put off shelling out 70 bucks for it as I wouldn't be able to watch it on TV as they haven't developed an app for Samsung TVs for some reason and I don't have Xbox or play station. I decided to take the plunge though because I kept eyeing the remastered Batman TAS DVD boxed set when ever I went to Target, I thought to myself, " I can have two seasons of Batman for 40 bucks...or for 30 more I can get that plus Batman and Robin, the New Adventures, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond and the new Young Justice." and it became a no brainer. For now I'm stuck to watching on my tablet or laptop but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post

A fair number talked about it in the DC Comics Young Justice thread, so there is that.

Blu-Ray & DVD release has been confirmed for November 26th, so that's a big yay.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

The depiction of the characters of Halo, Geo Force and Terra really took me out of the show at times and I didn't feel it was as strong as the previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    The depiction of the characters of Halo, Geo Force and Terra really took me out of the show at times and I didn't feel it was as strong as the previous seasons.
    Definitely not as strong as the first but I felt it was much better than the second.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Yeah, I checked out on Halo and Geo-Force pretty early. I have a bias toward characters that cling a little more tightly to their source material.

I loved it, Young Justice has always been able to give me an expanded superhero universe in animated series format, which is rare these days. I'm glad each season has a time skip and ages the characters, and I appreciate that this time around they gave a lot of attention to Brion, Halo, and Forager.

Still, I was expecting/hoping for some different heroes. With the originals older and some graduated, I really wanted to see Tim as Robin leading Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Blue Beetle, Static, and some others (I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Spoiler and Arrowette but they ended up basically being guest stars). Tim went off with Batman too quickly and, once again, we barely see him and Cassie together, which is really strange.

Instead of the young heroes on the Team, we seemed to get more of the Outsiders (I thought Metamorpho and Katana were going to join up at the end, but they just had that one episode). I liked Beast Boy (that Doom Patrol shot at Teen Titans Go! was crazy) and Cyborg, I always thought they would be part of the next generation of young heroes along with Starfire and Raven (how dare they tease us with that Raven-themed title in the final episode and not have her).

I also thought Conner was underused, and kind of has been these past two seasons. I love him and M'Gann, but they could have gotten a lot more mileage out of his relationship with the other genomorphs. Him revealing himself to the world was a big moment which I thought was actually overshadowed by Black Lightning. I liked Jeff's arc all season, but that speech to the teams at the end about openness and honesty and whatnot shouldn't have gone to him. If anything, it should have been Superboy's moment because he has been acting as the moral compass against some of the shadier decisions that Miss Martian and Nightwing had been making.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A lot of setup, certainly. Like the horde of Super Babies
    At least we finally got to see Arthur's kid, I've been wondering about him for a while. And did I spot baby Damian in one episode?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's certainly true. I myself only recently jumped on the wagon so to speak, I had put off shelling out 70 bucks for it as I wouldn't be able to watch it on TV as they haven't developed an app for Samsung TVs for some reason and I don't have Xbox or play station. I decided to take the plunge though because I kept eyeing the remastered Batman TAS DVD boxed set when ever I went to Target, I thought to myself, " I can have two seasons of Batman for 40 bucks...or for 30 more I can get that plus Batman and Robin, the New Adventures, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond and the new Young Justice." and it became a no brainer. For now I'm stuck to watching on my tablet or laptop but it's worth it.
    I ended up buying a Roku so I could watch it on my TV through that. Worked out pretty well.