Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 363

Thread: Young Justice

  1. #136
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    385

    Default

    I actually like what they did with the Orphan name in this version.

  2. #137
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I actually like what they did with the Orphan name in this version.
    I'm so ready for her to be Batgirl so they stop calling her that.

  3. #138
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    I wish she was Black Bat instead of Orphan

  4. #139
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wish she was Black Bat instead of Orphan
    I remember they had to drop the Black Bat name for legal reasons, but I wonder if that's still applicable.

  5. #140
    Amazing Member Fire Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember they had to drop the Black Bat name for legal reasons, but I wonder if that's still applicable.
    Who has the license for the name?

  6. #141
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I actually like what they did with the Orphan name in this version.
    It's a more justified use of the codename, at least. I hope Cass realizes disowning Shiva doesn't mean she lacks a family.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 9, 2021.

  7. #142
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Who has the license for the name?
    Dynamite Entertainment, apparently. Original Black Bat was a pulp hero.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bat

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember they had to drop the Black Bat name for legal reasons, but I wonder if that's still applicable.
    Probably not. I think most if not all of the YJ show's knowledge of Cassandra Cain came from the Tynion run on Detective Comics.

  9. #144
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It's a more justified use of the codename, at least. I hope Cass realizes disowning Shiva doesn't mean she lacks a family.
    It's still a pretty depressing reason for her to go by that (and just kind of a silly thing to call her in light of this episode). Like, what kind of Superhero goes by "Orphan?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Probably not. I think most if not all of the YJ show's knowledge of Cassandra Cain came from the Tynion run on Detective Comics.
    That wouldn't surprise me, especially with Spoiler's costume.

    I think they were producing the show at a time when DC Corporate were resistant to depicting either Cass or Steph as Batgirls, Cass was even forbidden from using the Bat-Symbol.

  10. #145
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    736

    Default

    If Cass is supposed to inherit the Batgirl mantle from Barbara, I hope it's shown before the end of the season. Imagine if that was planned for a season 5 that might not happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Probably not. I think most if not all of the YJ show's knowledge of Cassandra Cain came from the Tynion run on Detective Comics.
    And the best part of that run, the reformed Clayface, occurred in the audio play that takes place before this season. I hope we get to see him in this season too. I was disappointed he wasn't with Will in Bowhunter Security.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 9, 2021.

  11. #146
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

    And the best part of that run, the reformed Clayface, occurred in the audio play that takes place before this season. I hope we get to see him in this season too. I was disappointed he wasn't with Will in Bowhunter Security.
    Hmmm. It would be interesting if Will took in reformed criminals for his security company.

  12. #147
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    If Cass is supposed to inherit the Batgirl mantle from Barbara, I hope it's shown before the end of the season. Imagine if that was planned for a season 5 that might not happen.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was in a time-skip. I mean, I think the only on-screen mantle change was Bart becoming the new Kid Flash and I guess Mal as Guardian.
    And the best part of that run, the reformed Clayface, occurred in the audio play that takes place before this season. I hope we get to see him in this season too. I was disappointed he wasn't with Will in Bowhunter Security.
    Does that make him count as part of the Arrow Family instead of the Batfamily here?

  13. #148

    Default

    I just got caught up, and am so far enjoying it much more than last 2 seasons. Almost entirely for refocusing on less characters without losing the worldbuilding. Also the smaller timeskip was appreciated. Conner's death hit harder than Wally's because of this. I do think the Legion saved him though. Wonder if Vandal is still enacting his plan in their time.

  14. #149
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I just got caught up, and am so far enjoying it much more than last 2 seasons. Almost entirely for refocusing on less characters without losing the worldbuilding. Also the smaller timeskip was appreciated. Conner's death hit harder than Wally's because of this. I do think the Legion saved him though. Wonder if Vandal is still enacting his plan in their time.
    The Legion kind of prove Savage lost in the long-run because it's an alien-based Superhero organization that protects Earth and the entire universe, on-top of enforcing the United Planets which Earth is a part of, meaning Savage and the Light's Earth-centric MO ends up a figment of history.

  15. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's still a pretty depressing reason for her to go by that (and just kind of a silly thing to call her in light of this episode). Like, what kind of Superhero goes by "Orphan?"

    That wouldn't surprise me, especially with Spoiler's costume.

    I think they were producing the show at a time when DC Corporate were resistant to depicting either Cass or Steph as Batgirls, Cass was even forbidden from using the Bat-Symbol.
    Does DC corporate have any control over how characters are used in adaptations? Wouldn't Warner Bros. have more of a say in that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •