Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Thought this last episode was great. Even the cuts to smallville. Seeing Superboys loss has effected the Kent’s but Clark seems to be the one taking it hardest. Stuff with Artemis and Cheshire was great. Then I’m not familiar with Orphan but I enjoyed her story these last few episodes.

So now we are gonna get in to a arc centered around Dick or Kaldur?

I absolutely love the dynamic between Artemis and her sister. So much history between them and with the influence of Sportsmaster hanging over them. It's tragic that Jade can't be there for her daughter because she feels the best chance Lian has is a life without her. And Artemis ends up taking more responsibility than she should.

I also feel bad for Onyx in this episode. She was played more than she even realized.

Shade gets more agency! Still don't like his design.

Not sure how I feel about the Smallville scenes. They were great, don't get me wrong, but if Conner isn't dead or he comes back, they will feel kind of pointless. And if he really is dead, I wish we had seen the Garrick/Allen/Wests grieve this way for Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Orphan can't fight her mother!" Can we all agree the name doesn't really make any sense to call Cass now? Like, even if it's a rejection of her mother, her mother is literally alive and she has a found family. She's not an orphan in any sense of the word.
    Yes, I can agree to that.

People critical of Superman's behavior towards Conner in season 1 will be happy he's still kicking himself over it.
    He definitely feels more like the Clark Kent/Superman we all know and love than the version we got in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Pretty sure he has. I'm not a comic buff historian, but I recall it happening before and needing to wait an hour for the web to dissolve; can't member the circumstance though. I think it's also happened in other media besides comics. Would be a good research project for that CBR guy who researches odd things in comics.
    It has happened before.

Amazing Spider-Man #107 - Ironically, Spider-Man is caught in a web.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I wonder what Talia is thinking. Is she plotting something? Or is she reconsidering her stance with Damian after what happened with the Crocks and Onyx?
    I'm guessing she's having second thoughts about Damian. Or even Jason. That's two of Bruce's sons he isn't aware of, I would think she would want to promise a better future for at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Shouldn’t Jonny be younger if he had to have his diaper changed? Unless that credits scene took place between seasons, but Jonny still seems too old for what was established.
    That's a good point. I was surprised to see him talking and everything. There was a time and location stamp, wasn't there? Those scenes were supposed to be concurrent with the A-plot.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was in a time-skip. I mean, I think the only on-screen mantle change was Bart becoming the new Kid Flash and I guess Mal as Guardian.
    We saw Speedy become Red Arrow and the other Speedy become Arsenal, but I guess there hasn't been much. Makes me wonder about Donna and Cassie and the Wonder Girl mantle change.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So now we are gonna get in to a arc centered around Dick or Kaldur?
    If the intro is any indication, Aquaman, Nightwing, Zatanna, and Rocket are all due for spotlight arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I absolutely love the dynamic between Artemis and her sister. So much history between them and with the influence of Sportsmaster hanging over them. It's tragic that Jade can't be there for her daughter because she feels the best chance Lian has is a life without her. And Artemis ends up taking more responsibility than she should.
    It's kind of ironic that Jade feels she's too much like her father while she's also, in her own way, emulating her mother by deflecting responsiblity for raising her kid, but for better reasons. And Artemis is still the one who has to try in vain to keep everybody together.
    I also feel bad for Onyx in this episode. She was played more than she even realized.
    Even by Sensei.
    Shade gets more agency! Still don't like his design.
    At least it's not that tactical vest thing he was wearing in his first appearance.
    Not sure how I feel about the Smallville scenes. They were great, don't get me wrong, but if Conner isn't dead or he comes back, they will feel kind of pointless. And if he really is dead, I wish we had seen the Garrick/Allen/Wests grieve this way for Wally.
    The show seems oddly invested in mining Conner's death more than they did Wally to where it would be kind of weird to establish he's not dead even if Conner has a better chance of that than Wally at this point.
    I'm guessing she's having second thoughts about Damian. Or even Jason. That's two of Bruce's sons he isn't aware of, I would think she would want to promise a better future for at least one of them.
    I think she's having second thoughts about raising Damian with his current grandfather and sensei to set up why Damian ends up being, well, Damian instead of someone more well-adjusted. Which begs the question what Jason will be like when he gets his memories fully back.

The Batfamily are going to look really flatfooted once they find out about Jason and Damian.
    We saw Speedy become Red Arrow and the other Speedy become Arsenal, but I guess there hasn't been much. Makes me wonder about Donna and Cassie and the Wonder Girl mantle change.
    I don't think Donna was ever even Wonder Girl. They only ever call her Troia.
    If the intro is any indication, Aquaman, Nightwing, Zatanna, and Rocket are all due for spotlight arcs.
    Zatanna's arc is next.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

This was my favorite episode this season.

Highlights for me was Cass's Story (although I'm still going to complain this show really missed a huge opportunity to show Cassandra's Strengths) and Clark's Guilt over Conner's Death. When someone close passes away, there is almost always regret. Those scenes were beautifully done (But I agree with the age jump of Superman's Son.)

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This was my favorite episode this season.

Highlights for me was Cass's Story (although I'm still going to complain this show really missed a huge opportunity to show Cassandra's Strengths) and Clark's Guilt over Conner's Death. When someone close passes away, there is almost always regret. Those scenes were beautifully done (But I agree with the age jump of Superman's Son.)
    Yeah, they haven't done her fighting style and hand-to-hand capabilities justice on this show. She's not a sword fighter.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Given how she was raised she would be very skilled with a sword.

Life in the universe was created 16 million years ago? Always gotta throw in a "16" in there. Even Klarion does it.

Although where is the giant hand? I didn't see it?

Well, points to Savage for trying to create a Metahuman utopia with his children and family...before Klarion showed up and mucked everything up by killing all of them save for those two remaining kids (is the boy going to become Nabu?). I'm kind of amazed Savage was still able to work with or even tolerate Klarion after he killed his children and after all those deaths, but I guess Savage is always playing the long game. Klarion finding the one person he couldn't kill also made him interested enough to give Savage the time of day, and we'll probably see where they formed whatever pact keeps them loyal to each other in the present-day. And what does Atlantis have to do with all this?

So the Lords of Chaos don't have any control over their form? They just look how they look when they pop out? Because Klarion's looked the same ever since he first appeared in primordial times, and before that kind of fashion was even invented or dreamed of, and the Child didn't seem to intentionally decide to look how she did. Both of them seem to look very prim and proper in terms of fashion despite being, y'know, Lords of Chaos.

Are the Lords of Chaos tired of Klarion screwing around on Earth? The Child is there to get him back on track from being a "disappointment?" Also the Child and Flaw are apparently from Amethyst comics so is Gemworld going to fit into this somehow?

I guess I was expecting we'd get more into Zatanna's private or personal life starting into her arc, and some of the stuff she's been up to off-screen (other than befriending Madame Xanadu) rather than establishing her with her protege's and dealing with the plot, but it's nice to see her taking the lead here and being as beautiful and charming as ever.

So the Team is for the covert ops kids, the Outsiders is for the public Superhero kids, and the Sentinels of Magic are for the magic kids?

At this point Traci might get more dialogue in this 4-episode arc than she did in the entirety of season 3. I wonder if she's still dating Jaime?

I finally know how to properly pronounce Khalid Nassour's name. Assuming this is supposed to be the official, accurate, way of pronouncing his name although it might become the next Raysh/Rahz if DC/WB don't get consistent about it.

So, obviously, Khalid is the present-day Dr. Fate in the comics and we know how tied Zatanna is to Dr. Fate here...and Giovanni is getting up in years...and they set up Khalid's connecting to Kent Nelson, so I wonder how that will shake up this season. Also he's actually gone to medical school, so Dr. Fate might be an actual doctor for once.

Mary Marvel! As I live and breathe! I wasn't expecting her to be with Zatanna and her team but it was great to finally see her in the show after Weisman talked about her and Freddy being on the Team off-screen. She definitely came off more sassy and aggressive than I would've expected from Mary, but it seems like a lot's happened to her since she was on the Team, up to and including her powers not working how they used to. Now she doesn't have the standard powers like Billy does, but can only channel them one at a time and verbally. Can she still transform? It seems like she had to refrain from saying "Shazam" so Traci had to, so will it be a pivotal moment when she has to transform again and says Shazam? If she even can given her power issues. Is this all tied to what happened to The Wizard? Will we get to see her talk about Billy? What about Freddy?

I did find it kind of funny that she's yelling out the Shazam patrons and their powers like she's an anime character or from some kind of toyetic cartoon. And not just because Erika Ishii was in anime (Sailor Moon no less).

I only just realize now how that bus has been a running gag on the show.

Blue Devil finally gets a speaking appearance! And he's Irish? That was kind of surprising. Apparently he's one of the rotating denmothers of the Outsiders, and he's trying to get through to Beast Boy when he's still reeling from Conner's death, but he seems kind of awkward and uncomfortable around the kids (or isn't good at the emotional stuff). Seeing him makes me wonder if he'll get involved in the magic imbroglio or if we'll possibly see Kid Devil...

The Light are still business as usual and Bad Samaritan is keeping things going in Markovia. Jace is still trying to make Meta kids into her own kids and it will never not sound creepy.

Madame Xanadu is now legit! It took 3 seasons to get there, but she's finally a proper Xanadu and seer, and has all the magic staples that you would expect. Of course she still expects to get paid.

That guard...just, that poor security guard.

I wonder how out of their depth the heroes are when not even Zatanna and her protege's could stand against Klarion for long and now there's another Lord of Chaos around with an indestructible familiar and who not even Klarion is happy to see...Like, they might really need to bring out the big guns besides Dr. Fate.

So that credits scene with the Legion...I mean, would Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy be just chilling watching old TV on a cell phone if they'd failed to save Superboy and prevent the future from being changed? I know it's been a while since then but still. Also shows they're still there so they obviously still have something to accomplish while they're there. I also assume Beast Boy's character on the TV show is meant to contrast with how depressed and lifeless he is now, on-top of actual aliens watching how Earth media depicted them and their culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Given how she was raised she would be very skilled with a sword.
    Yeah, but it doesn't really fit Cass as a character, let alone as a vigilante.

Mighty Member

A very exciting episode, especially from a world-building perspective. We get several new character introductions, from the narrator of that very chilling introduction (totally called Phantom Stranger) to ones I guessed before (Khalid) and even the official premiere of Mary Bromfield. Also, other deep cuts like Flaw and Child, the random security guard being from the Joker’s first comic run and the Trogowogs, who were from the Lego DC movie Gotham City Breakout.

We also see Blue Devil and Madame Xanadu with expanded roles each. I was actually thinking about the former before watching his episode, so it was a fun surprise, even if he couldn’t help Beast Boy appropriately. I guess he doesn’t have Kid Devil as a sidekick yet. Xanadu’s return was long overdue ever since Kent Nelson’s hint that she had the potential for magic way back in season 1. I see she still keeps her hustle, though.

Vandal Savage’s story continues to entertain, particularly how he met Klarion. Very entertaining stuff, especially Klarion killing him over and over. I wonder if we’ll know more about his relationship with Ra’s al Ghul and even the other members of the Light.

Unfortunately, this does mean that Zatanna felt very minor in her arc debut. Not much insight into her current struggles, but maybe that’ll change later. We still have three more episodes but considering how focused Miss Marian and Artemis’s arcs were in the beginning, it kind of stood out.

Ending on a lighter note, I loved the gag with the bus driver, and how nonsensical it is for a Metropolis school bus to be around at night in Manhattan.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Mary Marvel! As I live and breathe! I wasn't expecting her to be with Zatanna and her team but it was great to finally see her in the show after Weisman talked about her and Freddy being on the Team off-screen. She definitely came off more sassy and aggressive than I would've expected from Mary, but it seems like a lot's happened to her since she was on the Team, up to and including her powers not working how they used to. Now she doesn't have the standard powers like Billy does, but can only channel them one at a time and verbally. Can she still transform? It seems like she had to refrain from saying "Shazam" so Traci had to, so will it be a pivotal moment when she has to transform again and says Shazam? If she even can given her power issues. Is this all tied to what happened to The Wizard? Will we get to see her talk about Billy? What about Freddy?
    I have so many questions! Where is the Wizard, has he been introduced yet, same question for Freddy. The thing I saw of Billy familial ties was in season one where they introduced uncle Dudley.

Also is the Wizard still considered a Lord of Order?

As for me, I hope we get Air Wave next.

This might be my favorite arc of the season. I'm a big fan of DC's Magic side so I'm biased. .

PS. Troy Baker did a good job hiding his voice as Blue Devil.

I don't really see any problems with the show, except for my personal tastes.
    I don't care for Superboy/Miss Martian at all.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don't really see any problems with the show, except for my personal tastes.
    I don't care for Superboy/Miss Martian at all.
    It would be nice if they show would focus on a central group of characters and develop them until jumping focus with every arc. Makes it hard to get attached

Disagree. In four seasons they definitely have a core group that they follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I have so many questions! Where is the Wizard, has he been introduced yet, same question for Freddy. The thing I saw of Billy familial ties was in season one where they introduced uncle Dudley.

Also is the Wizard still considered a Lord of Order?
    Apparently Billy going by "Shazam" was for plot relevant reasons in Earth-16, so something may have happened to the Wizard.