Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X;[URL="tel:6087449"
    6087449[/URL]]Bruh how did Tim end up being one of the most underdeveloped and underutilized characters in the show? He was basically the POV character in the first episode of S2 and even though he didn’t have a huge presence in the rest of the season, I can’t believe he hasn’t gotten any storylines in 2 seasons.
    Redundancy?? Honestly I'm glad there's not MORE of a Bat Family presence in YJ. If writers were just hardon using a non meta human detective in a story...why wouldn't they use NW? I've only read a few of his books, but in those stories (and esp in YJ) he's a retread of a retread. Why give young bat apprentice a storyline when you know how they'll react from when it happened to the one before. Seriously I'm not saying he should go but giving him major plot point shrinks the YJ universe severely and makes it less fun
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay;[URL="tel:6087776"
    6087776[/URL]]I would say that’s good enough.
    Right!? Liiike... Hello Meghan!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Redundancy?? Honestly I'm glad there's not MORE of a Bat Family presence in YJ. If writers were just hardon using a non meta human detective in a story...why wouldn't they use NW? I've only read a few of his books, but in those stories (and esp in YJ) he's a retread of a retread. Why give young bat apprentice a storyline when you know how they'll react from when it happened to the one before. Seriously I'm not saying he should go but giving him major plot point shrinks the YJ universe severely and makes it less fun
    He'd probably stand out more if they actually developed him, but I think it's just an issue of the shows' character priorities contrasted against it's expansive cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He'd probably stand out more if they actually developed him, but I think it's just an issue of the shows' character priorities contrasted against it's expansive cast.
    *looks at the comics' version*

Yeah, can't say I fault them too much when even the main version can't seem to exist outside of being Robin. And even then, it really hasn't been much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    *looks at the comics' version*

Yeah, can't say I fault them too much when even the main version can't seem to exist outside of being Robin. And even then, it really hasn't been much.
    I mean, he's currently Robin so it's not like he has the same issue comic Tim has. It's going to be a few time-skips before we get Damian as Robin.

Extraordinary Member

If I recall correctly it was some kind of genetic imbalance or how they evolved differently from the Green Martians.
    If I remember correctly comics White Martians couldn't read minds. This caused a rift between the Greens & Whites that ended up in a Planetary Civil War.

Both sides were believed to have wiped each other out.

Jonn Jonnz was a victim of a space time teleportation experiment that stranded him on Earth a century into his future. Jonnz first priority was blending in.

By the time he figured out how to contact home everyone had been dead for years.

The YJ verse is like the original 60's series in that it doesn't assume that the Martians all somehow died off.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah I wax enjoying the way the show was handling the cast....btw was that dude icon ever with the team before he was in the JL+Where DaFuq did Bumblebee go? And why was she such a B!tch to Malcolm Duncan?
    Karen and Mal are new parents, so I guess that explains why they took a step back recently. As for her and Mal's rocky relationship in season 2, I think it's because Karen was trying to grow as a person and discovering her aptitude for science while Mal wanted their relationship to stay the same as it was in high school. Karen had to realize how much Mal means to her, and Mal had to learn to be more empathetic about giving her space when she needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I find it hilarious that season 1 talks like Batman is the overly obsessive, emotionally abusive douchebag he may be in the comics, but as far as what's actually shown, he's actually really nice, friendly, and thinks about people's emotional wellbeing.

So it's completely hilarious that Dick doesn't wanna be like him, and Batman doesn't want Dick to become like him lol.
    I wouldn't necessarily call Batman nice and friendly. He's respectful to his teammates and the Team (never calling them "kids"), but Batman is often short with people, blunt, and to the point, which makes him come across as cold. We can infer he probably isn't as friendly in an off-duty capacity with the rest of the League while others might be friendlier. When Bruce Wayne tries to convince Clark Kent to take responsibility for Conner, Clark ends up storming off angrily because Bruce didn't handle it as best he could.

Then there's Bruce's love life, a path Dick definitely doesn't want to go down.

Hell, season 4 at least was smart enough to give him interactions with Conner, 'cause they didn't actually interact before it either, and at least season 2 can give you the idea he was close to Wally because he also had the "souvenir!" habit, even though he wasn't shown reacting to Wally's death in the finale lol.
    There was that one episode where M'Gann, Conner, and Gar went to Rann. Gar seemed to be shipping M'Gann and Conner pretty hard because he was close to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Karen and Mal are new parents, so I guess that explains why they took a step back recently. As for her and Mal's rocky relationship in season 2, I think it's because Karen was trying to grow as a person and discovering her aptitude for science while Mal wanted their relationship to stay the same as it was in high school. Karen had to realize how much Mal means to her, and Mal had to learn to be more empathetic about giving her space when she needs it.
    I'm wondering if we'll ever find out if Karen gave their kid the Meta-Gene.
    I wouldn't necessarily call Batman nice and friendly. He's respectful to his teammates and the Team (never calling them "kids"), but Batman is often short with people, blunt, and to the point, which makes him come across as cold. We can infer he probably isn't as friendly in an off-duty capacity with the rest of the League while others might be friendlier. When Bruce Wayne tries to convince Clark Kent to take responsibility for Conner, Clark ends up storming off angrily because Bruce didn't handle it as best he could.
    I think Bruce and Clark are friends, and Bruce was trying to approach Clark honestly, but Clark was just really emotionally volatile when it came to his responsibility towards Conner.
    Well, of the many women Dick has hooked up with in-universe, none of them have apparently been criminals.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There was that one episode where M'Gann, Conner, and Gar went to Rann. Gar seemed to be shipping M'Gann and Conner pretty hard because he was close to both of them.
    I do think that Bruce of this show is nice and friendly. Often times good is not nice. Bruce will tell people what they need to hear and not sugar coat it. It's an approach that most won't be receptive to .

Mighty Member

When Bruce Wayne tries to convince Clark Kent to take responsibility for Conner, Clark ends up storming off angrily because Bruce didn't handle it as best he could.
    Yeah. He tried to already define a relationship between Clark and Conner that Clark was still processing and defining himself. While Clark shouldn't have given Conner the cold shoulder, Bruce also shouldn't have also made assumptions about who Conner should be to Clark.

Season 3 definitely delved into his flaws more, where his more controlling and secretive tendencies came off even when he meant well.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I mean, he's currently Robin so it's not like he has the same issue comic Tim has. It's going to be a few time-skips before we get Damian as Robin.
    Yeah last time he showed up, Damian was still a baby, and this is like, an year or two later?

They have time to actually use Tim before he gets sidelined by Damian, but so far there's just no interest in using him.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason takes focus and Tim does nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If I remember correctly comics White Martians couldn't read minds. This caused a rift between the Greens & Whites that ended up in a Planetary Civil War.

Both sides were believed to have wiped each other out.

Jonn Jonnz was a victim of a space time teleportation experiment that stranded him on Earth a century into his future. Jonnz first priority was blending in.

By the time he figured out how to contact home everyone had been dead for years.

The YJ verse is like the original 60's series in that it doesn't assume that the Martians all somehow died off.
    If White Martians didn't have telepathy at first, then they either evolved into getting it or M'gann is an oddball, 'cause before Flashpoint, she quite clearly had telepathy, her "Titans of Tomorrow" self too, considering she lived in M'gann's mind for a while after M'gann killed her.

I mean, when Dick was having daddy issues because Batman gave some attention to Kaldur'ahm, he spent some time with Dick by playing basketball.

And hell, the talk with Kaldur'ahm itself was something he needed to hear, to get his head back in the game by solving his emotional issues if he wants to be a competent leader.

The talk with Supes is also something he needed to hear 'cause Conner quite clearly wanted his attention and Supes was blowing him off whenever Conner tried.

Also, at least once Batman congratulated the Team for disobeying orders since it showed they're able to adapt to a situation.

All of those things are surprisingly nice and thoughtful, specially for Batman, who can be incompetent, or uncaring about people's emotions, maybe both, at worst, you can say he's rude, but even then he wasn't that rude.

Basically YJ Batman in seasons 1 and 2 is closer to his bronze age self than modern self.

The love life Dick went down in YJ had him becoming a manwhore who, lucky for him, Barbara didn't mind it until he decided to stop it lol.

We also don't know what kind of love life Batman has in this continuity, though we can assume there isn't much of one, save for Talia I guess, even then the baby could be from her raping him again.

He did want 'em together, and that is the one time an attempt at communication between Conner and Garfield happened in the entire pre-season 4 cartoon, which, Conner ignored him, and fact that you have to remember a scene like that to remember that there's supposed to be a relationship between 'em before season 4 at all is silly lol.

The cartoon does too much implying relationships instead of actually showing 'em, and it gets silly when Garfield lists the number of people who died over the years, and he didn't talk with even half of 'em onscreen, even when they were alive.

I'm wondering if we'll ever find out if Karen gave their kid the Meta-Gene.
    I wonder if kids in YJ always get the Meta-Gene if their parents had it?

Well, of the many women Dick has hooked up with in-universe, none of them have apparently been criminals.
    I think among the heroes, only Batman, Will and maybe Wally hooked up with criminals/ex-criminals.

Even then, we don't know if the thing between Batman and Talia was consensual, since she could've had raped him, and even if Artemis was a criminal at some point, she likely was forced by Sportsmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah. He tried to already define a relationship between Clark and Conner that Clark was still processing and defining himself. While Clark shouldn't have given Conner the cold shoulder, Bruce also shouldn't have also made assumptions about who Conner should be to Clark.
    Even if he made the wrong assumption of what the relationship is/should be, he still had a point to tell Supes he needs to do something at all, which, it took Supes 6 fucking months to bother starting it...

Season 3 definitely delved into his flaws more, where his more controlling and secretive tendencies came off even when he meant well.
    He's basically another character in season 3, him and Luthor, having had their personalities changed to be more in-line with the comics, which I find to be silly since it ignores YJ's own context.

At the very least, season 3 Batman can work better with what previous seasons were implying (Even if it's dumb for YJ to take 3 seasons to show that), but it looks specially weird with Luthor, he went from "Revenge is a sucker's game" to trying to have petty revenge on the Outsiders, which backfired and made him look like a dumbass in live television, even though it makes little sense for him to act like that when the Team made attacks that hurt him more directly and he barely reacted to it, not even losing control over Superboy annoyed him much, if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Even then, we don't know if the thing between Batman and Talia was consensual, since she could've had raped him, and even if Artemis was a criminal at some point, she likely was forced by Sportsmaster.
    I'm assuming it was consensual going off the only indication we have of the relationship (the tie-in comic).

Fantastic Member

Yeah last time he showed up, Damian was still a baby, and this is like, an year or two later?
    Damian first appeared on August 6, Team Year 8. We're now up to September 17, Team Year 10 based on the show only, and November 11, Team Year 10 if you factor in Targets #1.

Either way, just over two years.

I think among the heroes, only Batman, Will and maybe Wally hooked up with criminals/ex-criminals.
    Yup.

Given that they apparently broke up back in Team Year -1, and Damian is still a baby nine years later, then I suspect something other than a conventional, consensual relationship, however like Conner before him, it doesn't have to be rape exactly.

While it was clear that Artemis was legally a criminal pre-Team Year 0, the fact that she immediately turned hero as soon as she was out from Sportsmaster's influence strongly hints that she was never willingly part of that IMO.

I'm assuming it was consensual going off the only indication we have of the relationship (the tie-in comic).
    Which one shows that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Yup.
    Oh there's also Kaldur'ahm, that Not-Garth guy was previously one of those purist racist guys, probably tried genocide too at some point.

Given that they apparently broke up back in Team Year -1, and Damian is still a baby nine years later, then I suspect something other than a conventional, consensual relationship, however like Conner before him, it doesn't have to be rape exactly.
    Yeah I think new 52 made Damian be more of a clone or somethin', and Light definitely has clone tech still.

While it was clear that Artemis was legally a criminal pre-Team Year 0, the fact that she immediately turned hero as soon as she was out from Sportsmaster's influence strongly hints that she was never willingly part of that IMO.
    Yeah she likely never was a criminal willingly, or at least, none of the flashbacks of her life have shown her as anything but disdainful over having to listen to Sportsmaster.

I remember the episode where the characters lost their memories from before they joined the Team, and Artemis' reaction to meeting Wally is basically "Great, what did Sportsmaster drag me into this time...", which makes it clear how much she wants nothing to do with the guy.

Fantastic Member

Which one shows that?
    A flashback in issue #12 to events of a year before. Therefore a fully, unambiguously consensual Damian would be have been born by the end of Year 0 or at least early Year 1.

A Damian born in Year 8 is therefore at least... suspect?

Oh there's also Kaldur'ahm, that Not-Garth guy was previously one of those purist racist guys, probably tried genocide too at some point.
    I assume you actually mean Wynnde, who yeah... probably counts as an ex-criminal.

Yeah I think new 52 made Damian be more of a clone or somethin', and Light definitely has clone tech still.
    Cloning would be better than outright rape, but still sus without both party's consent.

Yeah she likely never was a criminal willingly, or at least, none of the flashbacks of her life have shown her as anything but disdainful over having to listen to Sportsmaster.

I remember the episode where the characters lost their memories from before they joined the Team, and Artemis' reaction to meeting Wally is basically "Great, what did Sportsmaster drag me into this time...", which makes it clear how much she wants nothing to do with the guy.
    The disdain is largely common to both Crock sisters... Artemis actually puts the work into being different from Sportsmaster, but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    A flashback in issue #12 to events of a year before. Therefore a fully, unambiguously consensual Damian would be have been born by the end of Year 0 or at least early Year 1.

A Damian born in Year 8 is therefore at least... suspect?
    Checked it out, and she did seem to be into Batman but got annoyed over how much he only saw her as an "Al Ghul".

She did seem to be into Matthew/Clayface because he wasn't thinking of her like an Al Ghul, only to turn out he kinda did...

With this context in mind, it is weird she'd go back to Batman, unless Batman is okay with her 'cause Ra's is less evil now, but that sounds questionable.

I assume you actually mean Wynnde,
    I'm bad with names, and he looks like Garth, I actually thought he was Garth for a while lol.

who yeah... probably counts as an ex-criminal.
    If being part of a racist group and likely briefly kidnapping someone to write "impure" on their chest doesn't make you a criminal, I don't know what does lol.

Cloning would be better than outright rape, but still sus without both party's consent.
    That it would.

On the other hand, it is curious that a clone would start as a baby instead of being already grown like the rest, but then again, Season 4 episode 17 has Vandal saying that the Orm clone had "force growth" used on him, that throwaway line can indicate that clones are forced to grow and Damian could always be one who wasn't forced to.

Only wonder why the hell Talia would start to care about Batman again that much, but a lot can change in like, 7 or 8 years.

The disdain is largely common to both Crock sisters... Artemis actually puts the work into being different from Sportsmaster, but YMMV.
    Good point, though, unlike Jade, Artemis only ever showed annoyance over anything related to commiting crimes, while Jade, while she hates Sportsmaster, is still willingly a criminal (Well, maybe she'll stop after Artemis' season 4 arc).

Think what best shows that she likely was forced into a crime life is how quickly she was thrown into the Team, Batman is likely the reason she got her into Gotham Academy too, don't think the League would be this nice to her if she was suspected to willingly have been a criminal.