Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I mean, Kryptonians are easy to imprison since you basically just need a prison with a yellow sun and then boom, you got non-powered people.

The reason the Zods were able to launch their attempted coup in the future was because they were paroled, not imprisoned, and then *bided their time for over a decade before setting their plan in motion (Lor-Zod was born months after his parents' release and was fifteen when his dad smuggled them off-world. He was also still fifteen when they got imprisoned)

By the time Zod was smuggling them off-planet, they probably weren't considered worthy of actual oversight or they had finished parole. That or the future is so incompetent that an entire colony of paroled prisoners was able to just skip without anyone noticing.

Lor-Zod is a villain with a sympathetic plight: he doesn't want his parents to spend the rest of eternity imprisoned in a sensory hell (which is why I do actually hope that they are freed and just end up in a comparatively normal prison because jesus, that is an actual example of a fate worse than death)

It's easy to see why their fate is so unbearable to him and why freeing them is the actual core of his motivation. That said, he and his parents are absolutely villains, although Lor-Zod is a sad case since the show makes it clear that his villainly is due to thorough brainwashing by his parents to the point where the idea of defying family is a completely foreign concept to him.

I saw an interesting theory that someone posted: the Zods get out, Lor-Zod is born and, due to the situation, he is adopted and raised by the Kents and that's how he becomes Chris Kent (which would be a smart way for the show to have a villainous "Chris Kent" as well as the actual heroic Chris Kent) I imagine Lor-Zod either ends up in the Phantom Zone (god, I hope not) or he is taken back to the future by the Legion to stand trial there.
    I don't think Lor-Zod is brainwashed. The kid fully believes in his parents cause. Why wouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Lor-Zod is brainwashed. The kid fully believes in his parents cause. Why wouldn't he?
    Well, more like indoctrinated than outright brainwashed.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He believes in his parents' cause because he was raised from birth to do so. For example, when he learns Orion is Darkseid's son, he doesn't understand how it's possible for a child to go against their parents and says "Darkseid's son has allied himself with the New Genesians? How does the Lord of Apokolips tolerate such disloyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, more like indoctrinated than outright brainwashed.
    Right, that's the word. They're synonyms of each other, but I was looking for indoctrinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I'm still not quite sure what you mean. This show has been establishing Mars and its society over all four seasons, why do you expect them to suddenly stop right at this exact point when nothing in particular has changed? They have just as much incentive to follow up on Mars stuff now as they did when season 2 introduced a Martian scarab holder
    My point is that they have stopped already. We’ve gotten nothing new about Mars and what’s happening there since the end of that arc. The later the show goes, and especially with renewal in question (at least for the immediate future), it makes far more sense to hit on more important established points.

What better way to start of with Dick than back at the trapeze in Haly's Circus as Dan Danger? Actually wouldn't this be the time to go back to the Flying Grayson iconography? Maybe that still hits too close to home.

Soranik Natu! Her animated debut! Honestly it's cool to see Soranik there but her presence kind of asks a lot of questions...is Sinestro still a GL? Has he turned yet? Is she aware he's her father? Is Katma Tui dead, given Soranik ends up being the GL for Korugar after her death? Is there more than one Korugar GL? I'm kind of wondering about a lot.
    Dick's in disguise. The public don't know Dan Danger is Dick Grayson. That's why he doesn't work for the circus under the Flying Grayson brand.

As for Katma Tui, if she's alive, wouldn't she logically have moved to Earth? In the comics, she was Mrs John Stewart. It's possible that she just doesn't exist in this continuity though. Was she even in the Green Lantern cartoon?

I mean, Kryptonians are easy to imprison since you basically just need a prison with a yellow sun and then boom, you got non-powered people.
    Red sun. A yellow sun would make them all Supermen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    My point is that they have stopped already. We’ve gotten nothing new about Mars and what’s happening there since the end of that arc. The later the show goes, and especially with renewal in question (at least for the immediate future), it makes far more sense to hit on more important established points.
    The Mars arc did it's job. Got Superboy to the phantom zone and established a Mars villain for later use. They may come back to Mars for a quick wrap up once the day is saved at season end.

With only 4 episodes left, you can pretty much see where things are going. Superboy get saved from the zone and gets his memory back along the way. Zod probably gets out and it'll basically be a YJ vs evil "Superman" battle. They win and get Zod back in the zone. And the Beast boy arc gets resolved by seeing Conner back among the living.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The Mars arc did it's job. Got Superboy to the phantom zone and established a Mars villain for later use. They may come back to Mars for a quick wrap up once the day is saved at season end.

With only 4 episodes left, you can pretty much see where things are going. Superboy get saved from the zone and gets his memory back along the way. Zod probably gets out and it'll basically be a YJ vs evil "Superman" battle. They win and get Zod back in the zone. And the Beast boy arc gets resolved by seeing Conner back among the living.
    I think Gar is probably well away from being okay even if Conner comes back.

I hope Superman ends up helping them stop Zod.

Beast Boy is building to a necessary confrontation with Geoforce.

Incredible Member

I think Gar is probably well away from being okay even if Conner comes back.

I hope Superman ends up helping them stop Zod.
    I agree he won't be totally ok, but for purposes of time, having Superboy back will at least temporarily patch him to end the season.

We're at the endgame now with very little time for extended side bars with Beast boy.

I agree he won't be totally ok, but for purposes of time, having Superboy back will at least temporarily patch him to end the season.

We're at the endgame now with very little time for extended side bars with Beast boy.
    Thank goodness .

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Okay, so their incentive to follow up on Mars stuff is that they like to write Mars stuff.

I mean I found Mars extremely boring and I don't have any desire to see more of it but they've got just as much incentive to do more of it now as they did before

Dick going back to the circus makes so much sense. I loved seeing the main characters get together like this, but I had to laugh when Kaldur said he has finally worked through Conner's death only to learn he may not be dead.

As for who the Kaizer-Thrall could be...well, maybe there's a reason we didn't see Mr. Miracle at all in the last arc.

Hey, Amistad is dressed like Icon.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    This is a minor complaint but...I hate Phantom Girl's voice on this show. Tinya is not a spooky chick!! Just like Kitty Pryde is not a spooky chick. But they have her sounding like Raven.
    Would've been nice to have Heather Hogan back, but I guess they wanted the most out of Kari Wahlgren.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It was funny how fast Dick puts it together.
    He still kept his skepticism about the whole thing, but he did recognize the pieces that were before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Last arc was interesting, but Rocket getting forced out of her own episodes was....well, she shouldn't have been a focus anyway, she came into the very end of season 1 and her episodes probably should've belonged to Red Arrow, but still, feels like they did her dirty. This arc is starting off with more promise, I think, even though it's obvious that everyone and everything is gonna come together for the finale, and that means Dick will be sharing the spotlight. At least with Nightwing, we can be reasonably sure that he'll be driving the story to a large degree. Poor Rocket felt like a passenger in her own episodes.
    The mythology of this show has grown beyond its characters. These arcs felt like they were natural extensions of what the show was setting up, and then they just picked main characters to be in them. That left Rocket to be inserted into the New Genesis arc, since she's one of the few senior members whose powers make sense in space (Red Arrow wouldn't have worked for many reasons). As for Dick, well, after Conner and M'Gann, Dick has probably been in the most episodes of the show, so his arc can include many other characters.

They mention Zatanna and Raquel being Dicks' exes which was established in the tie-in comic, but putting it out there...was there really any point to making Raquel an ex other than to emphasize Dick as a ladies man? It's not like it's ever factored into anything or really made a lot of sense.
    Maybe to sink the possible Raquel/Kaldur ship? Wait...Rocket is Dick's ex and they used her as the character for a space story. She's filling in the role that would've gone to Starfire, isn't she?

I understand why they held back on bringing in M'Gann until they were absolutely sure about Conner, but I'm guessing that will be their next step. They might need Miss Martian if they want a better chance of stopping her brother, and she probably has some words for Lor-Zod too.
    I'm really looking forward to M'Gann joining in. It's the most personal for her.

I saw an interesting theory that someone posted: the Zods get out, Lor-Zod is born and, due to the situation, he is adopted and raised by the Kents and that's how he becomes Chris Kent (which would be a smart way for the show to have a villainous "Chris Kent" as well as the actual heroic Chris Kent) I imagine Lor-Zod either ends up in the Phantom Zone (god, I hope not) or he is taken back to the future by the Legion to stand trial there.
    Him being raised by the Kents would be an interesting twist. I'm wondering if they'll take in Kara too if she appears? Or maybe newlyweds Conner and M'Gann will take in baby Lor? I'm not quite sure what I want to happen to Lor-Zod. Given this show, my biggest fear is his story will just be left open ended.

And Kara becomes Supergirl? I still want to revisit Metron keeping an eye on Cyborg and Halo.

Kaldur really rocking that Aquaman beard now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    And Kara becomes Supergirl? I still want to revisit Metron keeping an eye on Cyborg and Halo.
    They did bring that up at the meeting, at least.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Wow, this season started off pretty slow but I absolutely loved how Nightwing came and tied everything together. The time travel stuff is a bit hokey but all of the characters are so cool, that I don't mind. The Zod storyline is exciting and Connor relating Superman and Krypton's history to Zod was fun. Hope we get to see more Nightwing.