Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default 10 Best Alternate Reality Episodes In TV Shows

Alternate reality episodes of hit TV shows are a fun experience for viewers that often make them fan favorites. Here is CBRs list of the best.

Details in the link below.

https://www.cbr.com/best-alternate-r...ike-urkel-quot

10. "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Urkel" Family Matters (Season 4, Episode 10)
    09. "The Cooper Extraction" The Big Bang Theory (Season 7, Episode 11)
    08. "Road To The Multiverse" Family Guy (Season 8, Episode 1)
    07. "Remember Nothing" Xena: Warrior Princess (Season 2, Episode 2)
    06. "What Is And What Should Never Be" Supernatural (Season 2, Episode 20)
    05. "The Wish" Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Season 3, Episode 9)
    04. "The One That Could Have Been" Friends (Season 6, Episode 16)
    03. "Flashpoint" The Flash (Season 3, Episode 1)
    02. "The French Mistake" Supernatural (Season 6, Episode 15)
    01. "Mirror, Mirror" Star Trek TOS (Season 2, Episode 2)

this actually popped up in recommendations yesterday

Extraordinary Member

What about the Dream Season of Dallas? Oh wait, they said 'best'. Definitely not in that case.

I do agree with Mirror Mirror. Amazing episode of STTOS.

Didn't Star Trek revisit the Mirror Verse a couple of times?

Star Trek liked to fool around with time. We saw "alternate universes" several times, albeit only briefly. There was a time when Earth was totally controlled by the Borg, and the Enterprise went back and fixed it. Then there is City on the Edge of Forever where the entire universe changed due to McCoy's interference in the past, before the Captain and Spock went back and fixed it.

We also saw several alternative earths, such as the one where Rome never collapsed.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Didn't Star Trek revisit the Mirror Verse a couple of times?

Star Trek liked to fool around with time. We saw "alternate universes" several times, albeit only briefly. There was a time when Earth was totally controlled by the Borg, and the Enterprise went back and fixed it. Then there is City on the Edge of Forever where the entire universe changed due to McCoy's interference in the past, before the Captain and Spock went back and fixed it.

We also saw several alternative earths, such as the one where Rome never collapsed.
    I believe they did.

You know, someone recently asked me to name my 5 favorite episodes of TOS. COTEOF was my #2 and MM was my #3. I must like those types of stories.

Most episodes of Sliders!

Man...

They made that whole list and The Twilight Zone/Fringe did not come up once.

Incredible Member

'What Is And What Should Never Be" in Supernatural wasn't an alternate reality , it's fake illusory , together with smallville 'Labyrinth' where clark is in the insane asylum , lana is dead and lex lost his legs s06e12 as well as buffy 'normal again's6e17 where she's also stuck in an insane asylum.

Are these Alternate realities or Parallel realities? Like, I would consider the 2009 Star Trek movie to be an alternate reality (the term is used in the movie) because of some time travel shenanigans changed events. Where as the Mirror Universe is a Parrallel reality, it exists independent of the original reality.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

I generally was not a fan of Voyager, but they had a kinda/sorta alternate reality episode that was recounting the tales of the Voyager from the perspective of some world they'd passed that had vilified them and made up all sorts of terrible things about them. (Seven was a full Borg, and Janeway would let her assimilate members of their race they'd attacked, etc.). Living Witness, it was called, and while not an AU the way that Mirror Universe episodes are, it was a fun alternate look at the Voyager and her crew.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I generally was not a fan of Voyager, but they had a kinda/sorta alternate reality episode that was recounting the tales of the Voyager from the perspective of some world they'd passed that had vilified them and made up all sorts of terrible things about them. (Seven was a full Borg, and Janeway would let her assimilate members of their race they'd attacked, etc.). Living Witness, it was called, and while not an AU the way that Mirror Universe episodes are, it was a fun alternate look at the Voyager and her crew.
    that episode is set like 700 years later , a colorful exaggerated revisionist retelling of that world history of voyager , the holographic doctor was shown to be the one correcting the history and install the change in that world's culture later.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would have chosen "When Fates Collide" as the Xena entry on the list.

Astonishing Member

'Mirror, Mirror' is the only one I know of -- and am happy to see it ranked at number one. That's a great episode -- and I love the changes to their uniforms.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    'Mirror, Mirror' is the only one I know of -- and am happy to see it ranked at number one. That's a great episode -- and I love the changes to their uniforms.
    I love that Mirror, Mirror was not only a fun episode in itself, but spawned some great episodes of Deep Space 9, Enterprise, Discovery, etc. being able to remain relevant in multiple series many decades later. There was even a great mirror universe novel set aboard the Picard-era Enterprise, Dark Mirror, by Diane Duane, IIRC.

Incredible Member

The 2-part finale of Highlander: The Series had Duncan be shown an alternate world where he never existed, allowing him to see how much of a difference he'd made in his loved ones lives. It's the best use of the "It's a Wonderful Life" plot that I've ever seen and was the perfect way to end the series.