Thread: Young Justice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

I was expecting the second episode to veer "off-course" after the tightly-focused first episode because that's an actual show pattern by now, but even I was surprised by the episode driving off into Markovia country. I did see someone theorize that maybe it's because Markovia is going to be where the Kryptonian battle happens to take place or something. That would explain it, but the episode really should have been placed somewhere before this arc. It just feels like it throws off the flow from the first one and it would have been better to divide the last episodes between Nightwing's team, the Phantom Zone and Lor-Zod's group.

Nightwing wasn't set up to have a character conflict to resolve, so I'm not worried that this is going to be another Kaldur/Rocket situation where the arc jumps from conflict to resolution without the actual character development. I am worried they're going to end up overstuffing the arc, so some things just end up rushed. For example, Superboy's teammates dealing with his all-board-the-Zod-trainness. Or Lor-Zod meeting his not-yet parents.

I may be biased, but I thought the episode should have spent time with Lor-Zod's group since we got a hostage situation and an impending heist situation all in one, and we also don't know how he's going to "rejoin" the Phantom-plot yet with or after his Oa detour.

Lor-Zod is going to an intergalactic police station to steal back his evil cube (powered by a little boy) using a living spaceship powered by a speedster and while he's dragging a bunch of time-traveling hostages with him that he knows are going to try to sabotage his scheme. There's nothing about that whole situation that I don't want to see in glorious detail.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-20-2022 at 01:20 PM.