Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

The chemistry between Zee and Dick oozes on screen.

Dick going back to the circus when he's on break is a nice touch.

The chain reaction was great. I mean of course, we know most of this, however.

I didn't like them putting Raquel with Dick off-screen because it was never going to serve anything to either character. I'd rather a failed relationship with Kladur be what happened if she had to date anyone on the team.

Also, nitpick, but I wish we got to see Raquel's chemistry with the rest of the team at one point. Like they try to figure out who with on the League's mission to space and it would've been slightly more satisfying if the line was "Wait Raquel went on that mission". Idk she came in at the last second and she's been alienated from them thus far. Four episodes left however so I hope we see more of her with the team its just the missing piece.

Dick being the last standing with Klarion was predictable but I enjoyed that sequence a lot.

One of the better episodes this season and hopefully the dynamics carry this season out strong.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    The chemistry between Zee and Dick oozes on screen.

Dick going back to the circus when he's on break is a nice touch.

The chain reaction was great. I mean of course, we know most of this, however.

I didn't like them putting Raquel with Dick off-screen because it was never going to serve anything to either character. I'd rather a failed relationship with Kladur be what happened if she had to date anyone on the team.

Also, nitpick, but I wish we got to see Raquel's chemistry with the rest of the team at one point. Like they try to figure out who with on the League's mission to space and it would've been slightly more satisfying if the line was "Wait Raquel went on that mission". Idk she came in at the last second and she's been alienated from them thus far. Four episodes left however so I hope we see more of her with the team its just the missing piece.

Dick being the last standing with Klarion was predictable but I enjoyed that sequence a lot.

One of the better episodes this season and hopefully the dynamics carry this season out strong.
    Hopefully the rest of the episodes in the arc gets us some team banter that makes Rocket really feel like part of the originals instead of just...being there because she joined at the end of season 1.

I mean, this arc is already doing better by Zatanna than her own arc did, so the same could be true for Rocket.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    It was just to say "Nightwing so awesome that he's slept with all these female superheroes." Basically, reducing all those female characters, especially Rocket who had no relationship with him, down to just notches on his belt. How respectful.

https://imgur.com/a/f34Pa
    Attached Images Attached Images

I feel like a common complaint, not just with this show but comics in general, is that they make the heroes personal relationships feel forced, especially between heroes.

Things came together in this episode, just not the ones I was expecting.

This felt like the main plot was set to the side so we can focus back on all the season 3 plots and characters that have been in the background for this season.

"Lizard Johnny?" I know he exists in the comics, but I was halfway thinking this was going to be an origin story for Copperhead.

So Brion is still a Superhero with his own team, fighting against racism against Metas within Markovia and I guess being the standing Superhero military arm of Markovia. His intentions seem genuine and he wants to do right by others, but Bad Samaritan still has his arm on Brion's shoulder, manipulating him every step of the way.

What's up with Fury? I assumed all the Infinitors were basically loyal to Lex/The Light, but she seems to be the only one having second doubts and seeing how much Brion is being manipulated and is trying to get through to him. I kind of wonder where this might lead.

Ivy Town? Ray Palmer's old stomping rounds? It would've been neat to see Ray make a cameo, but I guess we'll settle for his equivalent in the Infinitors.

Oh jeez, they're letting Jace run a center for treating kids and Meta Kids with cartoon propaganda. That won't end well.

Is anyone invested in Violet and Harper's relationship? Like it was a relationship that went from friendship to them cheating on their boyfriends and getting arrested together. I know Harper and Violet have been through a lot but I can't really say I'm all that enthusiastic about this side-character ship considering how it came about.

The actual main characters have more of a fun romp of having to rebuild the magic school bus with the help of gremlins, and screwing over poor Dick by giving them his ride and his snacks. Dicks' not Bruce Wayne but I'm sure he can make up for that.

"I hate keeping secrets" - yet you do it practically every season.

The Metahuman Youth Center! Which is basically just a collection of chararacters from season 3. It is nice to see Cyborg again and finally letting Vic have dialogue, and to see him with Gar again.

Beast Boy now has an emotional support animal, which feels ironic, but I dig the Wing reference.

I feel like Black Canary has done more therapy sessions than actual crime-fighting in this show at this point...

It was neat to see Phantom Girl explain how her powers work.

Poor Tinya...she really tried to get through to Superboy and get them both out of there (and it seemed like he felt something when she mentioned Miss Martian) but he's genuinely become brainwashed and loyal to Zod and sells her out. So she has no choice but to leave and end up with a burned hand for everything. Is she going to have to get a robot hand Lightning Lad style? Will that heal? What is she going to do now that she's stuck back on Mars with no idea where her team is?

So is M'Gann...ever going to get involved in this plot? Like she'll feel devastated if they're not able to get Conner back and feel like they betrayed her by not letting her be involved in rescuing him. Also, is no one going to be there to stop Lor-Zod except the Green Lantern Corps? Or will saving Conner and possibly changing the timeline be enough?

Halo with the more comic-accurate rainbow sash!

Well, Brion and Violet talking was a long-time coming, and it seems like there might be some residual feelings on both sides, but then the Bad Samaritan had to show up and ruin it. Although he didn't even put his hand on Brion so I'm not sure how much of that was him or their own conflicting personalities/ideals rearing their head.

Wow, Violet looks like a completely different person without their hijab. I'm always kind of amazed how much hair that holds back.

Does rebuilding the Hall of Justice mean as much when it's not all that significant compared to the Watchtower? I guess now it's closer to the UN. Also Black Lightning finally gets dialogue in a credit scene where we don't even see him in the flesh.

Extraordinary Member

I'll say this for Nightwing and his seeming fixation on secret keeping.

On top of being trained by the Bat to trust almost no one, Dick's actually had a mole on his team ( ok Will, was an unwilling mole but, still a mole) TWICE ( at least Tera saw the light eventually this time...and didn't die).And one turncoat in Brion.

Nightwing's paranoia is kinda justified.

Dinah Lance is probably more useful to the League as a Trauma Therapist than as a Hand To Hand Combat Instructor on a team with Batman, Nightwing and Batwoman on it.

Besides who would replace her? Some League might have issues
    with the Martian's telepathy and Wonder Woman's "Bondage Therapy" might get the WRONG kind of interest.

Imagine what Guy, and Plastic Man would do...

Surely Guy and Plastic Man would become the regular participants

I'm sad they just using the bus as portal. Should use it as their main battle vehicle

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wasn't expecting this shift to Outsiders at this point. Still mad people are giving Brion grief for killing his uncle.

Three Perez/Wolfman Titans in one scene at least. I wonder where this Harper x Violet ship is going.
    "Cable was right!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't care about Halo. Their parts of the episode dragged it for me.

It was great to see an actual follow up on Brion. It's cool to see he has his own team and seemingly turning Markovia into genosha. Makes me wonder if refuge crisis that was mentioned earlier in the season was all the racists leaving and people who were intimidated into leaving.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

It was great to see an actual follow up on Brion. It's cool to see he has his own team and seemingly turning Markovia into genosha. Makes me wonder if refuge crisis that was mentioned earlier in the season was all the racists leaving and people who were intimidated into leaving.
    Haven't cared for Halo since she came in as basically a Southpark Kenny gag dying every episode.

I found myself fast forwarding a lot of stuff in this episode. Like on the one hand, glad they are doing stuff with different characters, but its characters I don't really care about, its too many damn characters and not enough screen time for the ones I don't really care about to win me over, so I'm just really watching the show at this point, because I have watched it from the beginning.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

The S3 plots being towards the end of the season feel so oddly placed.

Who is Fury supposed to be? Because the wiki mentions the name Erika Storn but I'm still confused.

I'm glad they've actually given Violet a story after killing them off every other episode in S3. They shot themselves in the foot by not handling their arc properly but personally, I think this has been a lot better.

I haven't felt strongly about any couples since S1 because they rarely have room to breathe and grow on us. I do appreciate Violet and Harper had the past few seasons of build-up so I'm for it.

I don't care what Brion did and I don't even like him. There are worse things he could've done.

I don't mind the OGs having fun in this episode but you could've switched most of the dialogue between them and made no difference. Only Dick had any real personality, Raquel didn't even speak.

What was the point of building up Gar's depression for us to not see him healing? It's backward, if we can see him suffering and pushing people away, we should see him build back his happiness and apologize. We could've had a great convo between him and M'Gann and it's all wrapped up in dialogue? An odd decision all around.

The show does often shift focus on the characters I have no strong positive feelings for and it's not that I hate most of them, I'm just indifferent.

Tinya finding out she burned her hand at least lets us know Conner would've suffered a similar fate. But how do they get him out then?
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this. Brion is a puppet leader at that; and with the Light finding a more "legal" solution to trafficking Metas, I figure this is a way for them to build an army.

It does feel kind of jarring to be diving into more season 3 relevant stuff after an entire season of putting it on the backburner. Like Halo got their own sub-plot in an episode but maybe they could've set up the stuff with Brion earlier instead another Beast Boy depression segment, especially since now they're speedrunning his recovery.

I missed Gar and Vic's friendship. Also Vic really got shortchanged this season. Him and Black Lightning.

Also, the "heart wants what the heart wants" but I'm just not sure how to feel about two people who cheated on their respective boyfriends with each other getting together now. Not that I'm really invested in the characters to begin with, but knowing how YJ is it'll probably never go anywhere until the plot needs it too.

I wonder if someone is going to tell the Heroes about the Bad Samaritan or if Brion will realize it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does feel kind of jarring to be diving into more season 3 relevant stuff after an entire season of putting it on the backburner. Like Halo got their own sub-plot in an episode but maybe they could've set up the stuff with Brion earlier instead another Beast Boy depression segment, especially since now they're speedrunning his recovery.

I missed Gar and Vic's friendship. Also Vic really got shortchanged this season. Him and Black Lightning.

Also, the "heart wants what the heart wants" but I'm just not sure how to feel about two people who cheated on their respective boyfriends with each other getting together now. Not that I'm really invested in the characters to begin with, but knowing how YJ is it'll probably never go anywhere until the plot needs it too.

I wonder if someone is going to tell the Heroes about the Bad Samaritan or if Brion will realize it himself.
    Maybe that's where R'as/Jason comes in and spills the beans? The al'Ghuls left the Light (for some reason), and are actually conducting therapy sessions. Which, is pretty surreal.