Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's Nightwing time! Let's GO!!!

I guess the Phantom Zone projector can pull multiple people but there was the power problem plus the only Kryptonians he probably knows by name are his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

Plus, doesn't Zatanna have more of a relationship with Batman than Nightwing?
    YJ Zatanna is Dick's ex-GF.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 05-05-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    "Cable was right!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The line about needing a detective...seems more geared to Batman than Nightwing. We know it's time for "his arc", so it's expected Nightwing will be involved but, still, when someone throws the word "detective" around, I think of Batman.

Granted, Nightwing is a detective, and maybe even a better one at times, but few actually refer to him as that.

Knowing this show it will end up being Batman's arc anyway. He's yet to make an appearance this season

“Detective” could be like any one of a billion people in the DC universe.
    As for me, I hope they go with an absolute swerve and have her recruit Martian Manhunter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    “Detective” could be like any one of a billion people in the DC universe.
    As for me, I hope they go with an absolute swerve and have her recruit Martian Manhunter.
    Yes, it could.

But only one is referred to as the "Darknight Detective". And even his friends and adversaries, such as Ra's al Ghul, calls him "Detective" solely.

Batman is literally who all others is compared to.

Incredible Member

My guess is we'll see most of the Gotham characters in this next arc.

I hope Dick and Babs are still together (though no one seems to call her Babs on this show)

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Complaints about Rocket's storyline aside, I did really like the episode, especially the fight scene which actually managed to involve everyone and was filled with so much goodness (and it looked good)

I admit I kinda wanted Lor-Zod to succeed in some way because he'd worked so hard for his victory Sad about the trio being broken up because I did like their dynamic (also Lor-Zod being grateful towards Mantis and having no problem expressing it, even bowing to him - that was unexpected and was surprisingly humble)

I also like how good Lor-Zod is at thinking on his feet and bouncing back from a defeat (after losing the Phantom Zone Projector, he sees the invisible ship and immediately fixes up an escape plan)

It's one of those times where I'm sad that this is a unique take because I like it so much that I wished I could read or see more of Lor-Zod as a character and the trio as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I guess the Phantom Zone projector can pull multiple people but there was the power problem plus the only Kryptonians he probably knows by name are his parents.
    I think it was a mix of Lor-Zod being so pressed that he didn't think to code for more than one person, but yeah, I hadn't thought that it could also be because it was low on power, so making it pull more than one person would naturally drain its battery faster.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    My guess is we'll see most of the Gotham characters in this next arc.

I hope Dick and Babs are still together (though no one seems to call her Babs on this show)
    Babs will never not be a funny nickname to me because, in my language, it's shorthand for **** (babser) You imagine how immaturely amusing the shipname "dickbabs" is.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-06-2022 at 03:17 AM.

Mighty Member

You know, despite Rocket not having much to do, I WILL say she was more involved than Zatanna was in her arc. As we see a change of thinking (no matter how sudden) rather than being kind of left in the dark about where she started. Though they could have used Razer's speech about how his anger isn't the only thing he is in that string of flashbacks so the point is more obvious in that episode (they zoomed on her face when he was saying that). Rocket was also more of a help than Zatanna in the final fight, giving Orion the cage match against Lor. Also, she saw Lor jump into the Bio ship, though it must have looked odd just seeing him jump into nothing.

When it comes to Mantis, with all of Lor's talk of loyalty and all that jazz, I hope he breaks Mantis out. I'm going to say I kind of like this villain group and their dynamic.

Mighty Member

This was a satisfying end for this arc, for the most part. I do want to say that while Rocket was more prominent in this episode, she still felt like a small part of it. She does finally understand Orion more, but the show didn't really give us enough to make that conclusion, unlike, say, last week's episode where you can tell why Orion changed his mind about requesting Halo. I think they also overused the flashbacks when connecting that to Amistad, especially the ones we just saw not even a minute ago.

Otherwise, I enjoyed how focused the episode was. Besides the opening and closing scenes with Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, and others investigating Conner's ghost, everything else related to the main plot. Even the subplots with Conner stranded in the Phantom Zone and Kid Flash and the Legion all bled into the main one. We got some exciting action after last week's lack of it and due to the title and death flags for multiple characters, I got tense throughout it. Tomar-Re ultimately sacrificed himself to make up for his failure to save Krypton, which made his death expected. What did surprise me was the Mountain Hive Forager being strong willed enough to not only break through the Kaiser-Thrall, but also being worth of the Green Lantern ring. It's a new development, but it felt earned. I admit I was slightly emotional by Tomar-Re's sacrifice, but I partly blame that on watching Everything Everywhere All at Once earlier.

I was amused by the comically large box Metron summoned to put the broken Time Sphere away, as well as Nabu being convinced to help because Zatanna would keep annoying him about it. Also, by Conner accidentally preventing General Zod from breaking out. I do wonder if his whole bit about not wanting his leader to leave might've been a ruse, as I've been suspecting since last week. At least the Legionnaires know about Conner and Phantom Girl in the Zone and it seems Saturn Girl managed to wake up Phantom Girl, which will definitely be interesting to see.

The segue to Nightwing's arc was a bit on-the-nose but I'm actually looking forward to see his role in the final arc of the season. Dick's own detective skills get overlooked often and I think we've only seen them in this show once, when he investigated what happened to the heroes kidnapped at the Warworld in season 2.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, despite Rocket not having much to do, I WILL say she was more involved than Zatanna was in her arc. As we see a change of thinking (no matter how sudden) rather than being kind of left in the dark about where she started. Though they could have used Razer's speech about how his anger isn't the only thing he is in that string of flashbacks so the point is more obvious in that episode (they zoomed on her face when he was saying that). Rocket was also more of a help than Zatanna in the final fight, giving Orion the cage match against Lor. Also, she saw Lor jump into the Bio ship, though it must have looked odd just seeing him jump into nothing.

When it comes to Mantis, with all of Lor's talk of loyalty and all that jazz, I hope he breaks Mantis out. I'm going to say I kind of like this villain group and their dynamic.
    I feel like Rocket came off a little better because she had a clear arc, we actually got to learn a little more about her, and she got to help fight Lor-Zod even if she didn't really do all that much (in my opinion). Definitely a bit more than what Zatanna got.

I think the main issue is that she still seemed to take a backseat to everything else going on in the arc and that her general character arc kind of got rushed to a conclusion.

If I had to rank the arcs in terms of using their supposed main characters:

1) M'Gann

2) Artemis

3) Kaldur

4) Rocket

5) Zatanna

But I guess when you less it the focus of the arcs becomes less on the main character and more on what the arc was about.

1) Mars

2) League of Shadows

3) Atlantis

4) New Genesis/Zod

5) Magic/Vandal Savage

And in-between all that we have Beast Boys' depression arc. The Phantom Zone sub-plot is, I guess, Conners' arc which makes sense since it's Superman related.

Lol you forgot to change the order between the character
    ranking and the general ranking

I thought it was a satisfying conclusion and a good arc. Considering all the pieces that are being moved and what we have seen of other characters in past arcs, I am fine with Rocket's screentime (and I certainly liked that Beast Boy didn't hog too much of the plot) and the fact that she humanized a very alien story.

I loved Forager becoming a Green Lantern, but I had two issues with it. I wished they had gone with her having a blank white emblem to show that she was a trainee, and also, Krypton, New Genesis, and Apokolips aren't all in the same space sector (at least when Krypton was around)...are they?

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    The fight was good. It was something very colorful about it all.
    Seeing Lor-Zod break through Green Lantern constructs with his heat vision was certainly a great visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was kind of funny that they got all those magic characters together, most of whom didn't even really contribute much to defeating Child outside Phantom Stranger (and why was he even there? It felt weird that he was part of this), only for them to still be useless in contacting Conner's soul because he's not dead. The YJ magical community sure is effective.
    Phantom Stranger's reasons are his own. I thought that was weird too, and I'm wondering what Isis' relationship is with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mantis is arrested...again. It feels like it's only the same characters who are ever allowed to be defeated/apprehended while the rest always conveniently get away. I guess that's part of the long-form storytelling of the show and how its villains operate, but it feels noticeable sometimes. Probably the biggest villain takedowns was back in season 2 with the big bust of almost half the Light at the time.
    It's like that in the comics, but it does feel more noticeable in this show.

The line about needing a detective...seems more geared to Batman than Nightwing. We know it's time for "his arc", so it's expected Nightwing will be involved but, still, when someone throws the word "detective" around, I think of Batman.

Granted, Nightwing is a detective, and maybe even a better one at times, but few actually refer to him as that.

Zatanna and Nightwing have a...history. Dick was referring to himself as a detective all the way back in season one when he easily figured out that Artemis wasn't Green Arrow's niece.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol you forgot to change the order between the character
    ranking and the general ranking
    Did I, though ?

Although if I had to I think I'd maybe put the LoA and Atlantis arc above the Mars arc. Magic would still be at the very bottom.

I really don't get why people liked the Artemis arc so much
    I was pretty bored all the way through. Only part I liked was the resolution. I would definitely put that arc at the bottom.

Kaldur's arc is definitely my favorite, with Raquel as a close second.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was pretty bored all the way through. Only part I liked was the resolution. I would definitely put that arc at the bottom.

Artemis arc is the only arc in this show that was an actual character arc. I've always enjoyed the family dynamic of the Crocks. Cassandra Cain getting a spotlight episode put it on the top for me

I didn't like some of the changes they made to Cass's backstory or how we're still stuck with the codename but it felt the most like the old show in terms of the cloak-and-dagger Superheroics, spotlighting some of the newer members, and showing off where Artemis is at in this point of her life.