Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Tomar-Tu! And he looks and sounds like a younger version of his dad (Dee Bradley Baker voices him too)! Man, he seemed like such a sweet and respectful guy, not even realizing he was helping his own fathers' murderer.

Lor-Zod just couldn't help but rub it in when he realized he was talking to Tomar-Re's kid. Was he actually on some level respectful of a son following in their fathers' footsteps? Although when you think about it he was basically saying he hopes he dies like his dad did since Lor-Zod made that happen.

So Oa's not a planet but a space station? Weird. I guess it's more...bureaucratic that way.

Did Kilowog not get a good description of Lor-Zod or was the hood just that effective a disguise? Is it too much to hope he's going to end up as a secret backup that ends up saving them all?

It was nice to see Aquaman in his costume again, but is it just me or did his suit look better in seasons 1-2...

Danny Chase!? I did not expect that one. It really is kind of ironic that the show took one of the most unpopular and controversial Titans characters, gave him a Southern accent, but then put him in a situation where you can't help but feel bad for him and what was done to him, and how he's a good kid in-spite of all that. Please don't tell me Malefak killed him.

The Team have finally found Conner and...it doesn't go well. Firstly because, despite his memories of the team, the Zone Sickness and the Zod reprogramming have made him too susceptible to listen to them or believe in what they're saying, and because the Zoners know how to fight in the Zone better than them. The worst part is Conner seems aware about M'Gann but still feels too much (false) self-loathing to see her again.

Can M'Gann fix Conners' mind and mend him back together? Will seeing Clark do it? Although first they're probably going to need to figure out a way to save him before his physical wounds finally do him in.

So how does Phantom Girl get word back to everyone else? Through Jemm of course! I'm glad Tinya's hand seems to be healing or at least her Legion Ring still works. Although Jemm talking over her to her annoyance was pretty funny.

Yay, Black Lightning is finally prominent again!

So we've got Jemm, Forager, Orion...really all we're missing is anyone from Artemis, Kaldur, and Zatanna's arcs to join this makeshift party to stop the Zoners and save Conner. If they can get free from the Kaizer-Thrall that is.

Are the Legionnaires on Bio-Ship handcuffed? I thought they were satisfied just using the power dampeners on them, but I guess if they had those collars on Bio-Ship they would've had cuff to restrain any criminals/villains. I assume they didn't want to leave them on the ship with their hands free? But can't Bio-Ship do something now that Lor and Malefak have left?

Gotta love how Dick pulls out the Kryptonite and it does...nothing to the incorporeal Kryptonians. Although Zod pocketed it away so maybe it will become their ace in the hole now that they're out of the Zone?

I was really disappointed we didn't get to see Lor-Zod's reaction to finding out Conner was still alive. Hopefully they're saving a really big comeuppance for Lor-Zod, his compatriots, and his family in the finale.

Well, Superman and Zod are finally in the same location together, but Clark might be too powerless to do anything to him.

So...pretty darkest hours for our heroes. Lor-Zod and Malefak have the heroes at their mercy, he's reunited with his parents, the Team are still stuck in the Phantom Zone and are the only ones able to hold back more Zoners from leaving, and Conner is losing his life with every passing minute. And we've still got two episodes left.

I guess things were so dramatic we needed a pallet cleanser of Teekly just sitting next to a Light chair. Felt kind of random though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gotta love how Dick pulls out the Kryptonite and it does...nothing to the incorporeal Kryptonians. Although Zod pocketed it away so maybe it will become their ace in the hole now that they're out of the Zone?
    That was just really, really stupid of Dick. He already knew that only hand to hand mattered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    That was just really, really stupid of Dick. He already knew that only hand to hand mattered.
    Think we can give him a pass based on never being in the phantom zone previously.

I haven't been so tense during an episode since Invasion. So glad the arc made a lot of progress.

Danny Chase was such a deep cut. His tortured existence, I'm sure, is vindicating for the people who hated him back in the 80s.

I think Rocket was the only one who didn't get at least one hit in. I felt bad for her.

I knew Conner's injuries were going to come into play.

Lor Zod is so foul for telling Tomar-Tu that he hopes he follows in his father's footsteps.

Honestly, things might've gone differently if M'Gann was there with the team, but they did the right thing by not telling her. Not like they knew it was 100%.

I wonder if the Team will make it out of the Zone in time or if they can use the bus to travel to the planet to meet them. I feel like Kilowog will come into play because he seemed wary of Lor Zod. There's the obvious Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy, and Bart escaping. How they would get their collars off is the issue.

I know the prisoners weren't under the yellow sun, but I still felt like it was too many of them to handle all of them. And I was right, and it just happened to be the Martian that did it.

I love it when everything comes into place; YJ does this well. Not as good as previous seasons, but there are still two episodes to prove me wrong. Either way, I enjoyed this episode.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Danny Chase was such a deep cut. His tortured existence, I'm sure, is vindicating for the people who hated him back in the 80s.
    He also had a "Phantasm" identity in the comics so that's another phantom in this season.

Really, the only Phantom we never got was Phantom Lady.
    I think Rocket was the only one who didn't get at least one hit in. I felt bad for her.
    I feel bad that the only thing Rocket is allowed to do is make forcefields and maybe get one line of dialogue in.
    Honestly, things might've gone differently if M'Gann was there with the team, but they did the right thing by not telling her. Not like they knew it was 100%.
    In hindsight they should've brought her along, although I'm not sure if that would've made it worse since he can't seem to face M'Gann.
    I wonder if the Team will make it out of the Zone in time or if they can use the bus to travel to the planet to meet them. I feel like Kilowog will come into play because he seemed wary of Lor Zod. There's the obvious Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy, and Bart escaping. How they would get their collars off is the issue.
    Is Bart their insurance policy so Bio-Ship doesn't do anything? I guess Cham and Saturn Girl can't really do much without their powers/handcuffed.
    I know the prisoners weren't under the yellow sun, but I still felt like it was too many of them to handle all of them. And I was right, and it just happened to be the Martian that did it.
    I actually wonder how much the tide will turn when the prisoners will have to fight actual heroes unless they can somehow get off the planet and under a yellow sun before anyone can stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Think we can give him a pass based on never being in the phantom zone previously.
    Except he JUST had a fight where it was proven that their equipment was meaningless in the Phantom Zone, then he pulls out a piece of quipment expecting it to work.

Incredible Member

Except he JUST had a fight where it was proven that their equipment was meaningless in the Phantom Zone, then he pulls out a piece of quipment expecting it to work.
    Physical equipment didn’t work, but no way of knowing radiation from kryptonite would not. Worth a try. The only other alternative is to retreat, which is what they eventually did.

Maybe we will see this world's version of the various Titans teams eventually now.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Physical equipment didn’t work, but no way of knowing radiation from kryptonite would not. Worth a try. The only other alternative is to retreat, which is what they eventually did.
    Magical equipment didn't work either

The way things are going there are going to be, at a minimum, unanswered questions if the series gets cancelled again. I, for one, would at least like to see Supergirl's take on the situations going on right now.

Incredible Member

Magical equipment didn't work either
    Actually, it did. Zatanna performed magic spells directly at them (as directed by Kaldur) and was probably the most effective member in holding her own. Notice they stopped her by covering her mouth.

In a fight like that, where there are so many unknowns, it can't hurt to attempt anything you can. The kryptonite ploy was worth the try.

Also, don't be surprised if Nightwing actually planned for Zod to take his kryptonite from him. All may not be what it appears when it comes to a member of the Bat-family.

Did Kaldur electric shock against Conner is counted as magic attack? Conner quite having a strong will xd.

Well the team surely learn a thing or two during the first skirmish. Would like to see them adapting with information they have with Zod military capabilities in Phantom Zone.

It’s interesting that Nightwing raised a good point, but didn’t really fuss over the loss of his car when it actually disappeared.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I hate M'Gann's brother. God damn.

That was a pretty high octane episode. Wasn't expecting that Danny Chase reveal and now both Zods are in the same place.

Two episodes left.
    "Cable was right!"

I want dru zod to get all his ppl out of the PZ, but stay in thrombus, and start building back a new krypton, with no powers. maybe have the GLs watch over the planet making sure they don't leave it.

Lor zod needs to be thrown in the PZ, he is such a good villian, he deserves it.

How to save Conner, thst is the question???
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.