Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Once that happens, there will probably be a boost in interest. Since, if nothing else will, Batman should be a slamdunk to bring eyes to the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    To be fair to Zatanna, one week out of every month, is likely (given Fate's personality) the best deal any host of Fate has ever had and she didn't excuse herself or her dad from that duty.

Especially since the previous alternative for Fate hosts was "Wear the helmet 'til you drop."
    I guess it begs the question how much of an impact losing one week could have on someone. Like, can Khalid properly be a doctor that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm expecting a good bit of that to go to the Bat Family when its revealed that Jason is now alive (and apparently getting therapy from Sensei, of all people). I don't know about an adaptation of Under the Red Hood here, but something will go down. And can't forget about Damian, though whether or not he joins the Waynes is up in the air for this season.
    Most people assume Dick's arc will be Batfamily focused.

I think they're more likely to find out about Jason than Damian if only because it's too early for Damian to be part of the family or for Bruce to be aware of him unless they really change things up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially since Kent was doing it longer, but he also seemingly never actually offered the helm to Giovanni, maybe because he respected/cared about Giovanni and his family too much. And Sindella's death may also have thrown a wrench in it.
    I agree, but think it could be both.

While Kent may have intended to train up Zatara as the next Fate, ( Sindella and Zatara's relationship mirroing Kent and Inza's) once Zatara had a kid, Surrogate Grandpa Kent ( who as far as we know never got to have kids of his own with Inza) wasn't going to do it.

And I imagine Sindella's illness and death only strengthened his protective instincts towards the Zataras.

If so Fate having to sit on a shelf for about 14 years(from Zatanna's birth to YJ season 1) explains why he is now so paranoid about his hosts.

Fantastic Member

I agree, but think it could be both.

While Kent may have intended to train up Zatara as the next Fate, ( Sindella and Zatara's relationship mirroing Kent and Inza's) once Zatara had a kid, Surrogate Grandpa Kent ( who as far as we know never got to have kids of his own with Inza) wasn't going to do it.

And I imagine Sindella's illness and death only strengthened his protective instincts towards the Zataras.

If so Fate having to sit on a shelf for about 14 years(from Zatanna's birth to YJ season 1) explains why he is now so paranoid about his hosts.
    As much as I hate to even slightly defend Nabu's paranoid body-snatching the Helm was "sitting on the shelf" for over 60 years (1945-2010) not fifteen. Although S4C implies that Kent may have been active as a magical hero without the Helm during the period.

So we're at "Invitation To K" with 13 more letters. Hmm...could it be?

1) I
    2) N
    3) G
    4) D
    5) O
    6) M
    7) C
    8) O
    9) M
    10) E
    11) L
    12) O
    13) L

To be fair to Zatanna, one week out of every month, is likely (given Fate's personality) the best deal any host of Fate has ever had and she didn't excuse herself or her dad from that duty.

Especially since the previous alternative for Fate hosts was "Wear the helmet 'til you drop."
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

1) I
    2) N
    3) G
    4) D
    5) O
    6) M
    7) C
    8) O
    9) M
    10) E
    11) L
    12) O
    13) L
    ...I'm wondering how much all those Meta's in Markovia is going to blow up.

Astonishing Member

Didn't like all the Fate shenanigans. I preferred the more classic view of the character. Savage as causal? Nope. Did like the battles though. Interested in Mary's path with Darkseid. Garth is addicted - mildly interesting. Might end up in the Zoo.

Ultimate Member

...I'm wondering how much all those Meta's in Markovia is going to blow up.
    It's particularly interesting now that it's established that all the meta's are in some way descended from Vandal Savage. I wonder if he's got some plans concerning all these 'kids' of his. Perhaps even a way to tap into their power, or take control of them to build the meta society / army that he's attempted to create several times already?

Odd that Black Canary has been given a rather critical role, meanwhile we have not gotten an update on GA in like 4 years.

Mighty Member

I guess Alan Tudyk's been harder to get ahold of, especially since he has a live action show right now.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Odd that Black Canary has been given a rather critical role, meanwhile we have not gotten an update on GA in like 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I guess Alan Tudyk's been harder to get ahold of, especially since he has a live action show right now.
    I kind of wonder if only because of how early they got voice work done from what I remember, but obviously actor availability and the amount of voices they can actually fit into an episode (which isn't always a lot) might be a factor.

That and they just can't fit GA in anywhere. Although ironically he was only mentioned in an arc that showcased his protege's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

1) I
    2) N
    3) G
    4) D
    5) O
    6) M
    7) C
    8) O
    9) M
    10) E
    11) L
    12) O
    13) L
    Considering the Light is basically the universe's version of the Mankind Liberation Front, and Magog is currently a member of the League, it kinda writes itself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Considering the Light is basically the universe's version of the Mankind Liberation Front, and Magog is currently a member of the League, it kinda writes itself.
    When did we see Magog?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When did we see Magog?
    I think he was just mentioned among current League members last season.

Fantastic Member

I think he was just mentioned among current League members last season.
    Yup.

He was mentioned as being on the Javelin (though unseen) prior to the vote on Jeff Pierce being appointed as the new chairperson. Like Jason Bard (Arty's boyfriend during Phantoms), he first appeared (in his civilian guise) in the telepathic simulation during Failsafe under the command of General Eiling, all three were acquaintances of Martian Manhunter prior to the formation of the Team.