Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    That would explain a lot. They should bring that back.
    The numbers most likely don't support it. They may do a 12-24 issue run, like they did on the last attempt (2019-2020) - readership isn't high enough to go longer than that. Plus, you can see a lot of these characters on other teams/comics.

Viewership will skyrocket when they bring Kid Flash back so…

Incredible Member

Viewership will skyrocket when they bring Kid Flash back so…
    Huh?

I like Kid Flash but I don`t think he's setting the market on fire.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The numbers most likely don't support it. They may do a 12-24 issue run, like they did on the last attempt (2019-2020) - readership isn't high enough to go longer than that. Plus, you can see a lot of these characters on other teams/comics.
    They did a comic tie-in to Pennyworth, and I highly doubt it pulls higher numbers than Young Justice. They can totally do a 6 or 7 issue mini-series, at least.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Huh?

I like Kid Flash but I don`t think he's setting the market on fire.
    Really? How did you manage to avoid all of the “I stopped watching because there’s no Kid Flash anymore” posts?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    They did a comic tie-in to Pennyworth, and I highly doubt it pulls higher numbers than Young Justice. They can totally do a 6 or 7 issue mini-series, at least.
    I don't watch Pennyworth, but isn't that a live-action show vice animated? While no one outside HBO knows the numbers, fairly confident it pulls more viewers than YJ. Live action shows can reach more than just comic fans; YJ is mainly comic fans.

But agree, they could do a tie-in. If it makes sense/cents for the company, I'm sure they will.

When are new episodes set to start up again?

Have the Wonder Twins made it into the show yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    When are new episodes set to start up again?
    I've seen a listing for March

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Have the Wonder Twins made it into the show yet?
    I know Greg Weisman teased he and Brandon had specific ideas for them in season 3, but they haven't materialized. I guess those plans have changed since then.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

It's kind of funny how much from Super Friends actually made it into the show.

Fantastic Member

Characters loosely based on Wendy Harris and Marvin White (they have the names) but the histories are probably different) have appeared on the show, as have characters loosely based on the later characters "Super-Friends" Apache Chief, Black Vulcan and El Dorado have appeared. However, as noted above, no characters based on or inspired by Zan and Jayna have so far appeared on the show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The season resume today. First three episodes of the Atlantis Arc dropped. Definitely enjoying this story more than the last one. We get to see Kaldur's mom and adaptive father (always great to see a hero who has living parents). I like that his dad is from San Diego (I like to think it's a nod to sub Diego). Also, Arthur Jr and Dolphin makes her return!

It seems that getting the origin of Atlantis last arc is going to pay off here.

King Shark is a marvelous asshole and apparently it's possible to get drunk on algae.

Really? How did you manage to avoid all of the “I stopped watching because there’s no Kid Flash anymore” posts?
    By how many posters?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The season resume today. First three episodes of the Atlantis Arc dropped. Definitely enjoying this story more than the last one. We get to see Kaldur's mom and adaptive father (always great to see a hero who has living parents). I like that his dad is from San Diego (I like to think it's a nod to sub Diego). Also, Arthur Jr and Dolphin makes her return!

It seems that getting the origin of Atlantis last arc is going to pay off here.

King Shark is a marvelous asshole and apparently it's possible to get drunk on algae.
    I agree I immediately liked the Atlantis themed episodes so far more than almost the rest of the season. One thing that I noticed was they did a good job showing that Kaldur was sad about his friends dying and you felt that. But, it did not bog down the rest of the episodes and they got on what that part of the story.

What annoyed me earlier in the season with Gar particularly was him wallowing in "grief" and laying around episode after episode. I get it you are sad but I thought that dragged out to the detriment of the rest of the story every scene with him after.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 04-01-2022 at 01:50 PM.