Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Apparently Billy going by "Shazam" was for plot relevant reasons in Earth-16, so something may have happened to the Wizard.
    There was a DC mini series featuring Freddy Freeman in the 2000's where magic got messed up somehow resulting in the death/banishment of the Wizard forcing Billy to become the NEW Wizard and Freddy to become the new Captain Marvel.

This might be a similar situation except I don't think Billy is stuck on the Rock of Eternity like he was in the miniseries. At least I HOPE he isn't.

And if Billy is legit sharing his power with Mary in the most literal sense of sharing, Mary using only one power at a time is likely for Billy's safety.

If she yells Shazam and gets the entire Capt. Marvel powerset, she would depower Billy in the middle of whatever he was doing and hope he wasn't flying or lifting anything really heavy.

Come to think of it Power of Zeus is so wonderfully vague that Billy might be able to get by as Capt, Marvel as long as Mary calls on only one power at a time as it can be used in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There was a DC mini series featuring Freddy Freeman in the 2000's where magic got messed up somehow resulting in the death/banishment of the Wizard forcing Billy to become the NEW Wizard and Freddy to become the new Captain Marvel.

This might be a similar situation except I don't think Billy is stuck on the Rock of Eternity like he was in the miniseries. At least I HOPE he isn't.

And if Billy is legit sharing his power with Mary in the most literal sense of sharing, Mary using only one power at a time is likely for Billy's safety.

If she yells Shazam and gets the entire Capt. Marvel powerset, she would depower Billy in the middle of whatever he was doing and hope he wasn't flying or lifting anything really heavy.

Come to think of it Power of Zeus is so wonderfully vague that Billy might be able to get by as Capt, Marvel as long as Mary calls on only one power at a time as it can be used in many ways.
    He was shown using the powers fine with Barry last season, which is when I think he's already "Shazam."

I do think we're going to see things get desperate enough that Mary will have to say "Shazam" no matter what may happen.

I am very excited to see what they do with Impulse, though. Kind of selfishly hoping they go back to him sooner than later.

Okay, now THIS is going to be a good arc!

I love that they cast DB Woodside as the Phantom Stranger. One of the possible origins of the Stranger is that he's a fallen angel, it's only fitting he be played by Amenadiel from Lucifer. Plus we get the Nimue version of Madame Xanadu from her Vertigo series, and more with the forces of Order and Chaos. I'm hoping with Khalid here, that means he's going to be Dr. Fate, but at the same time, that might mean the death of Zatara. Maybe that will give Zatanna some kind of peace. Then again, if Chaos sent down Child, does that mean Order can send down someone as balance?

What's great about this show is that they can do their own kind of thing while being respectful of DC Comics lore. Mary Marvel leaning into the magic side of the power of Shazam rather than the superhero side is a fresh take on her.

Life in the universe was created 16 million years ago? Always gotta throw in a "16" in there. Even Klarion does it.
    That was pretty funny it took him 16 days to get out of Fate's tower.

Well, points to Savage for trying to create a Metahuman utopia with his children and family...before Klarion showed up and mucked everything up by killing all of them save for those two remaining kids (is the boy going to become Nabu?). I'm kind of amazed Savage was still able to work with or even tolerate Klarion after he killed his children and after all those deaths, but I guess Savage is always playing the long game. Klarion finding the one person he couldn't kill also made him interested enough to give Savage the time of day, and we'll probably see where they formed whatever pact keeps them loyal to each other in the present-day. And what does Atlantis have to do with all this?
    I may be totally wrong with my timeline, but I think Nabu was born to Savage during the time of Babylon. I think the location Savage met Klarion is actually Atlantis before it sank. It could be that those children are the origins of magic in Atlantis. There's lots of history there to be revealed.

So the Lords of Chaos don't have any control over their form? They just look how they look when they pop out? Because Klarion's looked the same ever since he first appeared in primordial times, and before that kind of fashion was even invented or dreamed of, and the Child didn't seem to intentionally decide to look how she did. Both of them seem to look very prim and proper in terms of fashion despite being, y'know, Lords of Chaos.
    Plus Teekyl looks like that before cats were even domesticated. Weird.

I finally know how to properly pronounce Khalid Nassour's name. Assuming this is supposed to be the official, accurate, way of pronouncing his name although it might become the next Raysh/Rahz if DC/WB don't get consistent about it.
    I think it's a fine pronunciation, but for the record, I'm not crazy about how they pronounce "J'onn" on this show. DC is horrible with official pronunciations.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Vandal Savage’s story continues to entertain, particularly how he met Klarion. Very entertaining stuff, especially Klarion killing him over and over. I wonder if we’ll know more about his relationship with Ra’s al Ghul and even the other members of the Light.
    I'd love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    PS. Troy Baker did a good job hiding his voice as Blue Devil.
    Troy Baker is great at accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

You know who I'd like to see on this show? Black Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I love that they cast DB Woodside as the Phantom Stranger. One of the possible origins of the Stranger is that he's a fallen angel, it's only fitting he be played by Amenadiel from Lucifer. Plus we get the Nimue version of Madame Xanadu from her Vertigo series, and more with the forces of Order and Chaos. I'm hoping with Khalid here, that means he's going to be Dr. Fate, but at the same time, that might mean the death of Zatara. Maybe that will give Zatanna some kind of peace. Then again, if Chaos sent down Child, does that mean Order can send down someone as balance?
    Pretty fitting casting for Phantom Stranger .

I do wonder if Zatara getting on in years will make it more difficult for Fate to fight this off and whether the Lords of Order feel like Nabu is the only one who can take care of this. I guess we'll find out exactly what justifies the Lords of Chaos and Lords or Order to get involved.
    What's great about this show is that they can do their own kind of thing while being respectful of DC Comics lore. Mary Marvel leaning into the magic side of the power of Shazam rather than the superhero side is a fresh take on her.
    Although maybe not by her own choice, since she seemingly can't be Mary Marvel anymore even though she still fights like she is.
    I may be totally wrong with my timeline, but I think Nabu was born to Savage during the time of Babylon. I think the location Savage met Klarion is actually Atlantis before it sank. It could be that those children are the origins of magic in Atlantis. There's lots of history there to be revealed.
    Everything comes back to Vandal Savage at this point.
    Plus Teekyl looks like that before cats were even domesticated. Weird.
    I guess time has no meaning to Lords of Chaos.
    I think it's a fine pronunciation, but for the record, I'm not crazy about how they pronounce "J'onn" on this show. DC is horrible with official pronunciations.
    It was kind of hard for me to take it seriously with how they kept pronouncing everything on Mas with the apostrophe the way they pronounce it. Like, I get where they were coming from, but at the point where it was M'Hunter it got to be a bit much.

Although it seems like now they've defaulted to "Car-Uh" for Kara instead of "Care-Uh" like it used to be thanks to the show. That's seemed relatively consistent across media adaptions.
    Troy Baker is great at accents.
    I wonder if we'll hear his British accent here...

I think we can all appreciate Cyborgs appearance this season.

Fantastic Member

3 episodes of tigress back story….this show has become a snooze fest and the animation quality has dipped significantly..

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Pffft, I love Tigress and Cheshire, so these episodes were great for me. Especially coming off the actual snoozefest that was the Mars crap
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

The voice work is absolutely incredible.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The history of Atlantis and Savage relationship with the witch boy is proving to be more interesting than the main plot.

The ending felt like Nabu will needed a new body to combat child since Gio is getting old.

Until I see a casket, Superboy got flung into the future to meet the Legionnaires.

So basically Vandal Savage founded not only Atlantis but the line of Arion that continues to this day in Arthur Curry/Orin. Never expected that relation.

But jeez, Savage saw a utopia and a happy populace and peace and thought "man, we could totally kill some people but ensure my...I mean, our control of this world. Maybe I'll just have the Witch Boy sink the city and doom my own people in the hope they'll evolve and it'll be totally worth it. I'm sure there won't be any unforeseen consequences." Worst grandpa ever.

Phantom Stranger may be enigmatic and vague, but he knows how to get people going for the greater good whether it just be portalling them to a fight between Lords of Chaose because of the fate of the world might rest on the one Lord of Chaos who has been relatively pacified.

Speaking of, yeah, I mean...as bad as Klarion is, by the standards of the Lords of Chaos he's basically become Savage's dog, just helping him in a scheme that, from a net perspective, seems more in the service of Order for The Light than actual Chaos. So they sent the Child to replace him. And she's got all their power on her side.

I wonder how much of Savage still sees Klarion as a necessary evil and how much of Klarion he's grown to tolerate over the years despite everything Klarion's done to his family and others...then again, Savage believes in the needs of the grander scheme than the present.

Klarion realizes they should've been targetting her anchor the whole time, but Child used the hardest rock in existence to create Flaw, so it's not going to be easy to destroy it.

How long are they going show depressed Beast Boy before someone actually does something? He's in as bad of a funk as M'Gann.

Speaking of, I'm glad M'Gann's sister was able to get through to her and let M'Gann be open with her grief. She was finally a good sister.
    When you need magic muscle, who better to sign up than Jason Blood and his Demon Pal Etrigan? They pretty well set up Jason Blood as a sarcastic, embittered, man who lived a long life with a long burden placed upon him. And he and Etrigan are still as chummy as ever, and Jason hasn't even summoned him in years...but desperate times.

I think they used the old school Etrgian transformation chant, so that was pretty neat. David Shaugnessy did a great job capturing the voices of both Jason and The Demon.

Etrigan can sense Mary's Hero Form? Interesting. I mean, it's not like a completely separate personality, so it's not all the same, but it is technically a side of herself that Mary's currently not expressing.

So Etrigan...doesn't rhyme? I think he only did it once when he burned Child to bone, but maybe they were going with a more complex rhyming scheme than I'm used to?

"Sanctum Sanctorum" Could they get away with that? I guess it would've been more on the nose if they had called Fate's Tower that.

When it's desperate, Zatanna knows they have to rely on Dr. Fate...and so does Savage, as he speaks directly to his son Nabu and implores him to work with Klarion to stop the Child for the fate of the Earth. Also points out that his host is getting older and older, and Zatara definitely looks it.

I guess it shows how desperate things look that Savage is planning to evacuate all of the Light and their resources off of Earth before this magical brouhaha engulfs the planet. That was nice that he thought to send Ra's an invite despite knowing Ra's wouldn't go for it. Shows they're friends.

I'm surprised there's not more discussion going on with this, especially since there doesn't seem to be any signs of cancellation (again).

I enjoy that Vandal Savage's history and with that human history in YJ is getting explored. I also like that Zatanna is basically going to build a team (of Sentinels?) with a little push from the Stranger. That said, by the end of this episode I wished she had gotten more to do. At least let her save herself if she is just a bystander in this whole episode.

And as someone who has not had any interest in the two prior arcs, I wish the Martian stuff would have stayed in its own arc instead of bleeding over.

Surprised nobody’s making a big deal out of Savage saying Nabu was his son.