Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

It's a fun episode but Zatanna being a passive observer to Klarion and Child's duel was a weak spot.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I will be glad when we move on to Nightwing's arc. That's the good and bad aspect of this focus trio of episodes model they seem to be using.

Mars stuff.....zzzzzzz
    Tigress stuff.....yaaaaaaay
    Magic stuff....zzzzzz

For me personally anyway.

Maybe Beast Boy will be done moping by the time we get to the Nightwing arc.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I will be glad when we move on to Nightwing's arc. That's the good and bad aspect of this focus trio of episodes model they seem to be using.

Mars stuff.....zzzzzzz
    Magic stuff....zzzzzz

I don't think most of these needed to be 4 episode arcs. Mars should have been 2 episodes at best.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a fun episode but Zatanna being a passive observer to Klarion and Child's duel was a weak spot.
    I'm hoping she feels more like the main character when Dr. Fate gets involved.

Weisman says binging the first four seasons is the best way to ensure a fifth. Hope that’s true

I didn't know that Zee has five episodes instead of four. That's good but only if I see her do stuff these last three episodes.

A problem with the Vandal/Klarion flashbacks for me, even though I enjoy the lore, is that I would rather have flashbacks about how Zee got her protegés. The personal aspects have been very surface level.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I didn't know that Zee has five episodes instead of four. That's good but only if I see her do stuff these last three episodes.

A problem with the Vandal/Klarion flashbacks for me, even though I enjoy the lore, is that I would rather have flashbacks about how Zee got her protegés. The personal aspects have been very surface level.
    Or like what Zee does in her spare time or private life...if she even has one.

Like I don't think they've even explicitly said if she's still a stage magician in this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'm surprised there's not more discussion going on with this, especially since there doesn't seem to be any signs of cancellation (again).
    You would have to be actually looking for this show to know it has a new season out.

I didn't know until I saw this thread here. Way too long of a gap between seasons. Even being on HBO MAX, it's not "pushed". You have to dig around and look for it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It made sense since Zatanna knows this battle is above her pay grade on her own. She can't handle Klarion on here own let alone Child who has the powers of all the Lords of Chaos fueling her. If she would have jumped in she would have been dead within minutes.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

Mars stuff.....zzzzzzz
    Magic stuff....zzzzzz

I have to agree with this. The Mars Arc was alright at first but then it started to drag.

I mentioned the changes I wished happened on the Tigress Arc but overall, I really liked that one.

The Current Magic Arc? Its only one episode but it has the same vibes like the last season did. I have no connection to these new characters except Mary, but I don't really like this current direction for her. Maybe Zatanna and one student would be better.

I'm hyped for the Nightwing Arc because my Young Justice Moment was when Nightwing, Red Arrow, Arsenal, and Guardian were security guards.

I also hope they resolve the Beast Boy Arc quickly. Not caring about his story either.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-10-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm one of the few people who enjoys the family drama with M'Gann... I will say that I was always intrigued by how someone like Klarion would work with Vandal Savage rather than do his own thing. When it comes to the lords of order and chaos, now that we've seen Martian magic, I wonder if they have any out on other planets and stuff.

As far as what arc I'll probably be more excited for, I'd would say I'm really interested in what they'll do with Aquaman (current), as Black Manta was one of my favorite villains on this show. To see him reduced to Waller's Suicide Squad made me wonder how he'd rise up again.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 12-10-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Look at those Easter Eggs!!! The Phoenix Gate, the Grimorum Arcanorum, AND the Eye of Odin?! Greg Weisman, never change.

So Atlantis was a whole continent? And Arion's crown was sent from the Lords of Order? That backstory was epic in every definition of the word. We got the origins of Homo Magi and Homo Mermanus. I wonder if the Aquaman arc will build on some of the stuff they set up here.

It was cool to see Jason Blood/Etrigan and now we're getting Dr. Fate in on this, but I hope Zatanna does something impressive. She is kind of out of her league here.

I'm not quite sure what I feel about the subplots. M'Gann's scene was good, but if Beast Boy barely does anything, do we need to keep seeing him every episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The history of Atlantis and Savage relationship with the witch boy is proving to be more interesting than the main plot.
    I kind of felt that too, but the main plot needs to kick into high gear. It can't just be about one Lord of Chaos being sent to replace another.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Etrigan...doesn't rhyme? I think he only did it once when he burned Child to bone, but maybe they were going with a more complex rhyming scheme than I'm used to?
    It didn't sound like he was rhyming when Blood first transformed into him and he talked to the Phantom Stranger. Odd choice to have him rhyme only partially.

"Sanctum Sanctorum" Could they get away with that? I guess it would've been more on the nose if they had called Fate's Tower that.
    Still not as bad as when they called the Justice League "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" in season one. Although I feel like "sanctum sanctorum" may have been a phrase before it was specifically associated with Dr. Strange.

I guess it shows how desperate things look that Savage is planning to evacuate all of the Light and their resources off of Earth before this magical brouhaha engulfs the planet. That was nice that he thought to send Ra's an invite despite knowing Ra's wouldn't go for it. Shows they're friends.
    I feel like Ra's is the most respectable (even his enemies respect him), but I wonder who Savage is closest to. He did call Lex "Old Friend", but he has probably known Ra's longer than anyone in the Light except for Klarion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Surprised nobody’s making a big deal out of Savage saying Nabu was his son.
    We've known Nabu was Savage's son since last season. Savage was a hero named Marduk during ancient Babylonia, and Nabu and Ishtar were his children (and that's when the Light was founded). Nabu was killed by Starro-possessed people.

What I liked most about Artemis arc is how grounded it felt. It gave a clear storyline to an OG; whatever new, or supporting characters were used played their roles without overstepping. And yet, we walked away with info on Orphan/Oracle while expanding Artemis and Jade's arc. It just flowed in its usage of supporting characters, and that's something I feel like the show hasn't had since season 2.

Like these past two episodes have been set-ups, we've seen no Zatanna. We knew where Artemis and M'Gann stood in their personal lives, and we aren't getting any of that here. I like the history lessons, but it's taking away from the plot. Khalid, Traci, and Mary really should be pushed in its place, and I would've liked the first episode to set up the Sentinals Dynamic more. Two seasons of Traci, and we barely know her either.

This is really how I felt about everything on Mars; gratifying to see old mentions of the lore manifest into the story, but it drew out too long. I even rewatched the first two episodes of the season because I didn't know what was going on.

And now that I'm on my third/fourth YJ rewatch, I'm realizing, once again, how well this show used to keep its core characters centered while exploring the world around them. So I'll let Zatanna's arc finish before I trash it (I actually have enjoyed these past two weeks a lot). I've just always enjoyed the character aspect of the show, and I think I'm not alone on that.

Or like what Zee does in her spare time or private life...if she even has one.

Like I don't think they've even explicitly said if she's still a stage magician in this.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I have to agree with this. The Mars Arc was alright at first but then it started to drag.

I mentioned the changes I wished happened on the Tigress Arc but overall, I really liked that one.

The Current Magic Arc? Its only one episode but it has the same vibes like the last season did. I have no connection to these new characters except Mary, but I don't really like this current direction for her. Maybe Zatanna and one student would be better.

I'm hyped for the Nightwing Arc because my Young Justice Moment was when Nightwing, Red Arrow, Arsenal, and Guardian were security guards.

I also hope they resolve the Beast Boy Arc quickly. Not caring about his story either.
    That was such a good episode. I would love to see more Harpers and Nightwing team-ups. Though my personal wish for the Nightwing arc is to see Black Lightning and Nightwing working together to keep the team and the JL on the same path. I think their dynamic shouldn't be thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    What I liked most about Artemis arc is how grounded it felt. It gave a clear storyline to an OG; whatever new, or supporting characters were used played their roles without overstepping. And yet, we walked away with info on Orphan/Oracle while expanding Artemis and Jade's arc. It just flowed in its usage of supporting characters, and that's something I feel like the show hasn't had since season 2.

Like these past two episodes have been set-ups, we've seen no Zatanna. We knew where Artemis and M'Gann stood in their personal lives, and we aren't getting any of that here. I like the history lessons, but it's taking away from the plot. Khalid, Traci, and Mary really should be pushed in its place, and I would've liked the first episode to set up the Sentinals Dynamic more. Two seasons of Traci, and we barely know her either.

This is really how I felt about everything on Mars; gratifying to see old mentions of the lore manifest into the story, but it drew out too long. I even rewatched the first two episodes of the season because I didn't know what was going on.

And now that I'm on my third/fourth YJ rewatch, I'm realizing, once again, how well this show used to keep its core characters centered while exploring the world around them. So I'll let Zatanna's arc finish before I trash it (I actually have enjoyed these past two weeks a lot). I've just always enjoyed the character aspect of the show, and I think I'm not alone on that.
    If the Artemis arc did it well, there is hope it's going to be better in the three episodes Zatanna still has. Half of the Sentinels are together so I hope the set-up with Vandal and Klarion is done so we can get to Zee's side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    You would have to be actually looking for this show to know it has a new season out.
    I don’t see why people wouldn’t be looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    We've known Nabu was Savage's son since last season. Savage was a hero named Marduk during ancient Babylonia, and Nabu and Ishtar were his children (and that's when the Light was founded). Nabu was killed by Starro-possessed people.
    You do realize that makes it worse, right? That means there’s been a full season of basically no discussion on the topic.