Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think of this as Savages arc. Zantanna has no real role in this story. Savage has done more and he's only involved in flashbacks to add greater context to the overall conflict. More Savage please.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think of this as Savages arc. Zantanna has no real role in this story. Savage has done more and he's only involved in flashbacks to add greater context to the overall conflict. More Savage please.
    Savage Fate, Klarion...more of a Magic and Mythos arc than a Zatanna arc.

Savage keeps sounding worse and worse the more he and Klarion get together.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Liked the episode mostly...just beyond tired of the Beast Boy stuff
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Why do I feel like he's gonna OD at the end of this arc?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    What annoys me about the Beast Boy stuff is how his friends and colleagues don't recognize what he's going through. These kids had Black Canary as a therapist in season one. They should know what depression looks like.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

What annoys me about the Beast Boy stuff is how his friends and colleagues don't recognize what he's going through. These kids had Black Canary as a therapist in season one. They should know what depression looks like.
    Indeed. If he did this for an episode or two and then someone saw there were issues and began an intervention, OK, but this ish is just dragging on and on and on
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

These kids didn't, since that was the OG!Team, none of whom seem to be around Gar right now.

Although Black Lightning is saying they need to focus on mental health, but the fact that no one seems to be counseling Beast Boy seems like a glaring issue.

Mighty Member

You know, I don't think I would mind the Beast Boy stuff if there was some some sort of advancement. I didn't mind M'Gann's depression as something of note happened every single time we saw her.

Incredible Member

So there's not going to be any real ongoing plot this season, just four episode arcs.

We got a Rocket, Aquaman and Nightwing arc after this. That's an additional 12 episodes. That leaves a total of 2 episodes left with a full 26 episodes. I am enjoying this seasons focus but wish they would have shortened the arcs. I would have liked to see a good portion with the core team actually together. We have not seen it in years.

Honestly, seems like we will not be getting a fifth season so its even more of a bummer.

How do you cancel a show that was resurrected by fan passion?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    How do you cancel a show that was resurrected by fan passion?
    You decide not to make more.

It was the DC streaming service that brought it back for content. HBO Max does not really need it and does not seem to be pushing whatsoever. The tweet from Weisman asking fans to binge makes me think it`s not looking promising. Additionally, I don`t really see anything about the show anywhere. Does not seem to get much fan passion these days.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 12-16-2021 at 04:23 PM.

That's just not convincing enough.
    Coupled with the publicity HBO Max itself gets, I'd say without something more official we don't really have a choice but to conclude that another season is more likely than not.

Spectacular Member

Dunno if anyone caught the shout out to the live action Shazam series when Mary confronted her doppelgänger. The image of the Elders who gave the Marvels their powers is essentially the Elders image from the ‘74 show

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    That's just not convincing enough.
    Coupled with the publicity HBO Max itself gets, I'd say without something more official we don't really have a choice but to conclude that another season is more likely than not.
    I do have a choice actually. Sounds to me like your making an assumption based on your hopes. Young Justice brings HBO Max no viewers. Its not pushing the series. Seems obvious they don`t care about the show. It barely gets any views or discussion on this board alone. I have seen 0 reviews. HBO Max has already cancelled some of their series. Many shows have been cancelled after being brought back.

Hope for the best. Expect the worst.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Not a fan of this episode. It felt like I was watching an HR Training Video on diversity and dealing with disabilities. Couple with characters I don't care about and you have Season 3 all over again.

Ready to have this arc flushed down the toilet. Really missing the magic of Season 1
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-16-2021 at 07:36 PM.