Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    That's just not convincing enough.
    Coupled with the publicity HBO Max itself gets, I'd say without something more official we don't really have a choice but to conclude that another season is more likely than not.
    This season got stealth released and there has no promotion for it. You don't see it on the front page, there's no buzz. The future isn't bright.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    Dunno if anyone caught the shout out to the live action Shazam series when Mary confronted her doppelgänger. The image of the Elders who gave the Marvels their powers is essentially the Elders image from the ‘74 show
    They did a similar reference in the Captain Marvel DC Nation shorts.

Training montage. More flashbacks in which Savage does the same thing. Beast Boy moping. Zatanna doing nothing. Yeah, I'm not feeling this, I came here for Zatanna.

I liked the episode's focus on Zee's apprentices but the arc is loosing my focus. Unlike the last two this seems more focused on worldbuilding than characterization. Or it can't balance both like the past two arc. It makes me worried about Rocket's potential arc.

The narration would be easier to accept if it was aimed at the apprentices. Ya know, the people who don't know what they are talking about.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-17-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Training montage. More flashbacks in which Savage does the same thing. Beast Boy moping. Zatanna doing nothing. Yeah, I'm not feeling this, I came here for Zatanna.
    My only hope is that since they seem about done with Savage's backstory that we might get Zatara and Zatanna's narrated in the next few episodes.

The biggest issue I have with this arc is I don't think this needed 4 parts. The world building with Savage by itself could be two episodes at most. The main plot could probably just be a single episode if you cut the side plots out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The biggest issue I have with this arc is I don't think this needed 4 parts. The world building with Savage by itself could be two episodes at most. The main plot could probably just be a single episode if you cut the side plots out of it.
    It's got five parts, although with all the stuff going on (Savage's backstory, Fate, Klarion, trying to do stuff with Zatanna and her protege's) I'm not sure if they could've done it in a few episodes.

They could probably cut back a little on the Beast Boy plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I do have a choice actually. Sounds to me like your making an assumption based on your hopes. Young Justice brings HBO Max no viewers. Its not pushing the series. Seems obvious they don`t care about the show. It barely gets any views or discussion on this board alone. I have seen 0 reviews. HBO Max has already cancelled some of their series. Many shows have been cancelled after being brought back.

Hope for the best. Expect the worst.
    Then that's obviously your thing as you just said it was. There's absolutely zero way to definitely prove one way or the other whether YJ does anything for HBO. Apparently, according to HBO's own metrics, YJ beat Friends in viewership for at least 1 week and was the #2 show overall that week, without, as you say, any marketing.

Incredible Member

Then that's obviously your thing as you just said it was. There's absolutely zero way to definitely prove one way or the other whether YJ does anything for HBO. Apparently, according to HBO's own metrics, YJ beat Friends in viewership for at least 1 week and was the #2 show overall that week, without, as you say, any marketing.
    Streaming services don't release specifics about show metrics. Where did you pull that interesting nugget from?

If YJ was the #2 show, HBO Max is in serious trouble.

Scratch that...just did some searching...apparently that info came from a reddit page dedicated to YJ, with no link to an ACTUAL source of that info.

If this season was that successful Weisman would have tweeted about it.

I'm kinda split on this part of the season, I absolutely love worldbuilding and lore but I feel like it's taking up too much time from the characters. I get they need to explain things but I need more from Zatanna.

Also I like what they're doing with Mary, I think it's an interesting spin on things.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

I don't want this series to be cancelled, but I wouldn't miss it much if it were.

They seem to be making the same mistake that comic movies often make, including character development/plotlines that were poorly considered in canon.

We didn't need to see Roy in a rehash of Rise of Arsenal, and I didn't need need Mary's crappy 52 plotline, either.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Streaming services don't release specifics about show metrics.
    That’s just not true at all, where did you get that from?

HBO Max released that information on the HBO app HBO Go, during that particular week. Not sure if they still do it now, but that’s where that metric came from.

HBO Max released that information on the HBO app HBO Go, during that particular week. Not sure if they still do it now, but that’s where that metric came from.
    It is very true. Streaming services always keep numbers close to the chest. The only real metric they'll release is a top 10 for the platform but there's no way of telling what the viewing numbers are.

Incredible Member

The reason why you are not sure if they still do it is because they never did. That reddit screenshot is not a source. None of the streaming services release their info. A search for YJ ratings leads to the reddit page and nothing else, where a fan posted a supposed screen shot. 1 time out of the 10 weeks the show has been out!

But common sense...do you really believe with all the options available for view on HBO Max, including actual new movie releases and shows with a strong marketing push (Curb your enthusiasm for example), that somehow Young Justice is at or even near a top viewed show?

That reddit is the only place where there is avid talk about YJ and I'm pretty sure if I skim usernames it will be the same 2 dozen or so that do most of the discussion.

I enjoy the show for the most part, but let's not push a false narrative simply to make a case the show "deserves" renewal because it's so "highly" rated.