Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Yes, yes you did see baby Damian (and baby Jon an episode later).

Couldnt find a thread for Season 4 so resurrected this one.

So happy the show is back but no loving the focus on Martian stuff. Feels like it's a trick to save money by not having to animate any mouths.. lol jk.

In all seriousness why can't Jonn and Superman just fly to Mars? I get teleprorting is faster and less draining. Give the circumstances in the show I feel like they could both get they're rather quickly still. Faster then just waiting around.

Anyway episode 3 had a very heavy handed identity message. Not saying it's bad, it's just super heavy handed. Use Ms Martians identity issues as Trans/Gender identity stand in. Leads to a very nice moment with her mom. Anyway is she gonna Mrs Martian now? Lol

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

So happy the show is back but no loving the focus on Martian stuff. Feels like it's a trick to save money by not having to animate any mouths.. lol jk.

In all seriousness why can't Jonn and Superman just fly to Mars? I get teleprorting is faster and less draining. Give the circumstances in the show I feel like they could both get they're rather quickly still. Faster then just waiting around.

Anyway episode 3 had a very heavy handed identity message. Not saying it's bad, it's just super heavy handed. Use Ms Martians identity issues as Trans/Gender identity stand in. Leads to a very nice moment with her mom. Anyway is she gonna Mrs Martian now? Lol
    Im glad the show is back and its a good show, it just hasn't focused on characters I particularly care about in the last couple seasons, I think that is my biggest issue with it. I noted on Reddit how i was annoyed with Gar and him being a constant dick and someone pointed out that he was dealing with PTSD and other issues and there is a nod to that in this episode with perhaps a chance for him to get better, he just still aint a character I care about and havent since he got loads of focus and screen time last season.

Happy for those who love these characters and who get to see them shine, for me its going back to the first couple seasons and just re-watching the (for me) glory days.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

The new intro with the older version of the OG!Team is probably the best intro the show has had since season 1, especially since it hearkens to said intro. It's only missing poor Wally.

I'm glad M'Gann has hair again in her Superhero form. I think it's even longer than her season 1 hair.

Outsiders have added Terra, Superboy, Robin, Stargirl, Windfall, and Livewire. And took out Kobra with very little effort in a scene that seemed like it was out of a G.I. Joe cartoon (Kobraaaaa).

Snapper married that sheriff who arrested Violet and Harper last season.

Bioship is retiring and sending off its baby to be the new Bioship? Even the heroes' vehicles have legacies.

Carly Lumbly (DCAU J'onn) voicing J'onn's brother-in-law, a White Martian, and Malafak's dad is kind of hilarious. It's like the only thing that can pry this man away from Mars is playing a Black Super Soldier.

Martian society seems pretty messed up and nowhere is that more apparent than M'Gann's family dynamic. Not that I think it deserves Malafak killing everyone that's not a White Martian.

Jem as a Martian seems like an interesting way of recontexualising him in the show's universe. Who would have thought the girl he failed to marry would end up being the one officiating Conner and M'Gann's wedding?

I'm surprised we're getting so much of the Legion this early into the season. I thought they'd space them out more, but by the 2nd episode we've got Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, and Chameleon Boy. Is it just those three? Why are they there? Who is that person in the time bubble that they're apparently here to stop? I do love how they brought back Kari Wahlgren for Saturn Girl and she's such a strong telepath that she was able to so effectively pretend to be M'Gann for Beast Boy and fix his mental scar and put him on the path to recovery. I think the only time she screwed up was when she mentioned that Brion was partially manipulated, which I don't think anyone in the present was aware of by that point, which she only knew because it's probably in the history books.

Now you have to stay for the credits because there's actual character based content like Black Canary talking to Violet who is deciding to move towards Islam in light of what happened to Brion, Gar and Perdita's relationship problems and Perdita struggling to manage all the Markovian refugees, and Superman talking to Lois about baby Jon's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    and Superman talking to Lois about baby Jon's powers.
    That was hilarious I will say

What happened to all the hype on this board for this show? I couldn't escape the threads during S3 and now I had to basically go digging for this thread that only has 2 pages?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    That was hilarious I will say
    My favorite scene in the whole episode.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What happened to all the hype on this board for this show? I couldn't escape the threads during S3 and now I had to basically go digging for this thread that only has 2 pages?
    The stealth launch didn't work as well as they thought. Or season 3 didn't live up to expectations.

Ultimate Member

I stopped watching when they left Wally dead or in the speed force or whatever...

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Loved Season 1. Liked Season 2. Season 3 was meh. Most of the new members (Violet especially) annoyed the crap out of me

By far my favorite episode was the one where Nightwing/Red Arrow/Aresnal/Guardian were security guards. (I liked Arsenal working with the team and of course the Dick/Roy Interaction as priceless)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get more of the core cast for Season 4 but I'm doubtful
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-22-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

It took a month for bio ship to take Connor and Megan to Mars. Supes and John flying themselves there will not be optimal. There's no pitstops in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Loved Season 1. Liked Season 2. Season 3 was meh. Most of the new members (Violet especially) annoyed the crap out of me

By far my favorite episode was the one where Nightwing/Red Arrow/Aresnal/Guardian were security guards. (I liked Arsenal working with the team and of course the Dick/Roy Interaction as priceless)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get more of the core cast for Season 4 but I'm doubtful
    Judging by the trailer you will at least be happy to be getting more of that .

This season is supposed to focus more on the core OG!'s.

Astonishing Member

These episodes are okay from a writing standpoint, but I can’t be the only one somewhat underwhelmed by the animation. Now I’m far from a weeaboo, but I do wish American animation took more cues from their Japanese counterparts in terms of the effort of giving really creative/dynamic action sequences with animation that looks like this.

American action animation always gives off such a cheap feeling to me. Not to say they aren’t cheap animation from Japan that cut corners in terms of animation, but it just seems this show just can’t shake off that cheap feel. The only western animated show right now without anime influence but rivals the quality of a good anime production is probably Primal on Adult Swim.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-22-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I quickly got tired of the South Park Kenny like ways she was dying in every episode. Im sure it wasn't every episode (dont remember much from the season) but just in the moment, I felt like killing her just became a lazy gag.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I quickly got tired of the South Park Kenny like ways she was dying in every episode. Im sure it wasn't every episode (dont remember much from the season) but just in the moment, I felt like killing her just became a lazy gag.
    Her deaths were my favorite thing about her. I look forward to how she would be killed off each episode.