Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Fate not letting his hosts have personal lives seems to be like him being a control freak more than anything. Less temptation to shirk your duties when needed if he doesn't let you have a choice in the matter. I liked Zatanna's solution, and I can see how the logic of it would appeal to him since it means he doesn't have to worry about wearing out his next host body quite so quickly (seriously, I know it's been a decade since Season 1, but Zatara looks ROUGH every time he takes the helmet off).

It's a decent end to an uneven arc. I guess Conner is up next.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I couldn't believe they kept cutting away from the big fight scene just to see Beast Boy doing really nothing of interest, but I have to say I do like how they ended it.
    I liked it as well, it's my favorite scene of him all season, I hope he pulls himself outta that hole soon.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fate would be less of a burden if Nabu let the host live a life and not be in hero mode 24/7.
    It because Kent stuck him on a shelf for a long time right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a decent end to an uneven arc. I guess Conner is up next.
    I think Connor already has his arc with M'gann. The final 3 arcs should be around Kaldur/ Aquaman II, Dick/ Nightwing and Raquel/ Rocket.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It because Kent stuck him on a shelf for a long time right?
    A REALLY long time.

I am not sure when his wife Inza passed away, but I figure Kent quit being Fate permanently around that time.

Given Kent's freakishly long lifespan ( an unexplained trait shared with Jay Garrick) Fate could have been on a shelf for DECADES.

Kent got to play surrogate Grandpa for Zatara's family, so I'm guessing he was done with Fate at the least for Zatanna entire childhood until the formation of the YJ team.

Fate's likely still pissed off about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    A REALLY long time.

I am not sure when his wife Inza passed away, but I figure Kent quit being Fate permanently around that time.

Given Kent's freakishly long lifespan ( an unexplained trait shared with Jay Garrick) Fate could have been on a shelf for DECADES.

Kent got to play surrogate Grandpa for Zatara's family, so I'm guessing he was done with Fate at the least for Zatanna entire childhood until the formation of the YJ team.

Fate's likely still pissed off about that.
    It seems like he also had Zatara pick up the slack for him and do Fate's job while he wasn't using the helmet. In doing so Zatara barely got to spend time with his family up until Sindella died, so it was almost like the 24/7 obligation that Fate is supposed to have.

I don't know if Kent was preparing Zatara like Zatanna was preparing her protege's, he evidentially never formally offered Giovanni the job, but it kind of felt like it in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sooo i'm worried about Mary that voice sounded so sinister chills went down my spine.
    It looks like Granny Goodness has recruited her to the Female Furies.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    I think Connor already has his arc with M'gann. The final 3 arcs should be around Kaldur/ Aquaman II, Dick/ Nightwing and Raquel/ Rocket.
    It might be a subplot like BB's depressive spiral.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Seeing how this magic arc turned out I question if those characters will be the central focus.

Ultimate Member

Do we know the order of the arcs?

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    It looks like Granny Goodness has recruited her to the Female Furies.
    THATS who that was, wow I knew she sounded familiar.

Also I haven't read the story but all I;ve heard online is that the evil Mary story is horrible. I hope YJ's version of this is much better.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Also I haven't read the story but all I;ve heard online is that the evil Mary story is horrible. I hope YJ's version of this is much better.
    YJ has a good track record of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Do we know the order of the arcs?
    As far as who is next? No.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    YJ has a good track record of that.
    I feel like it's better in the sense that they've written a version of Mary where that storyline will make more sense, but that's because she's felt OOC compared to her comic self the whole arc. I mean, Mary Marvel as a magic addict? Get out of here.

Of course it probably helps that she's only just been introduced so fan investment in her character won't be as much of a factor as it was with comic Mary.

I liked it as well, it's my favorite scene of him all season, I hope he pulls himself outta that hole soon.
    I’d really, really like to see him use it to motivate himself to just go basically God tier. So far we’ve seen him demotivated as a result, which makes sense, but it would be huge if he does a complete 180 and uses his sadness to fuel himself completely on his own.