Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I guess Alan Tudyk's been harder to get ahold of, especially since he has a live action show right now.
    Apparently so. There’s been no updates on his status as to whether or not he’s available, so I guess that has to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Considering the Light is basically the universe's version of the Mankind Liberation Front, and Magog is currently a member of the League, it kinda writes itself.
    And then there's little Damian/Ibn Al Xu'ffasch to consider.

If they aren't spelling out "Kingdom Come", I suppose my next guess would have something to do with Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of wonder if only because of how early they got voice work done from what I remember, but obviously actor availability and the amount of voices they can actually fit into an episode (which isn't always a lot) might be a factor.
    I mean if that’s the issue they really don’t have to have him say anything.

Mighty Member

New trailer and an image of the second half of the season. Still no clear date beyond "spring", though.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I am quite excited to see Milestone and Rocket.

Incredible Member

While the episodes themselves are individually okay and entertaining, I am not really feeling this season overall. The structure is not my cup of tea. It feels like we are not watching one show, but instead a bunch of individual mini series. I want to see the OG`s actually all interacting working together. There is no overall plot and honestly we should not have to wait over half a season to see some of our favorite characters.

Plus the individual arcs are dragged out and too long. All of them could have cut an episode or two and in the cases of Zatanna and the Martians, probably two.

Im honestly really nervous that they’re going to start calling Baby “Bioship 2” at some point…

I'm really wondering how the Jason Todd arc will work. It can't and won't be the usual "Under the Red Hood", just like the story with Tara/Terra. And rather than brainwash him, it looks like the al'Ghuls are actually counseling him. Which is a very interesting and different turn of events.

New trailer and an image of the second half of the season. Still no clear date beyond "spring", though.
    Thoughts:

- Well, if you weren't happy with all the magical characters that got sidelined in Zatanna's arc (including herself) looks like they're back to prominence again with Dr. Fate Zee! I wonder what they're doing with that belltower...I don't think that involves Conner.

- Rocket's arc being New Gods focus is cool, if unexpected, especially because most people assumed that if it would focus on anything it would probably be Milestone characters. I only hesitate to feel like the New Gods content might end up overshadowing developing Rocket like in Zatanna's arc. It already looks like there's going to be a lot of Orion.

- Oh hey, speaking of which, the real Orion finally shows up.

- "You're not the true king!" Is that referring to Orin? Are we getting some Atlantean political strife?

- Kaldur has a beard now, because apparently Aquaman has to have a beard.

- Guessing that's a flashback to their school days with younger Kaldur and King Shark.

Astonishing Member

Boy does this show continue to look cheap.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Boy does this show continue to look cheap.
    Acknowledging the budget issues the show has had since the revival...I've seen far cheaper looking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Acknowledging the budget issues the show has had since the revival...I've seen far cheaper looking.
    There’s definitely cheaper looking shows, I’ll give you that; I just don’t understand why HBO Max can’t give YJ a bigger budget, I mean Disney gave Filoni a great budget for their Clone Wars revival - the last season of Clone Wars is the best season in terms of animation quality; that looked movie worthy. Now I don’t expect this show to have movie quality animation, but I do think it should have animation on par with the first seasons, imo. Wasn’t streaming supposed to be something that grants you bigger budgets? Why can’t WB spend the bucks to make this at least better than it did before? Why can’t this look better than it did before?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'm excited to see Orion with a significant role. Ever since Darkseid became the Big Bad of the entire DCU, Orion as Darkseid's ultimate antagonist has fallen by the wayside, so hopefully we'll get to see him in his Kirby-esque greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    There’s definitely cheaper looking shows, I’ll give you that; I just don’t understand why HBO Max can’t give YJ a bigger budget, I mean Disney gave Filoni a great budget for their Clone Wars revival - the last season of Clone Wars is the best season in terms of animation quality; that looked movie worthy. Now I don’t expect this show to have movie quality animation, but I do think it should have animation on par with the first seasons, imo. Wasn’t streaming supposed to be something that grants you bigger budgets? Why can’t WB spend the bucks to make this at least better than it did before? Why can’t this look better than it did before?
    I wonder if it's because of the production. I don't think it's as easy producing a 26-episode traditional animated show like YJ with all the characters and action like it used to be. Most of the major streaming shows have shorter episode counts or default to CG.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm excited to see Orion with a significant role. Ever since Darkseid became the Big Bad of the entire DCU, Orion as Darkseid's ultimate antagonist has fallen by the wayside, so hopefully we'll get to see him in his Kirby-esque greatness.
    Especially since we got a fake Orion in season 3.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can definitely trust this show to actually develop New Genesis as much as Apokolips.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022