Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Astonishing Member

I have no interest in lectures on religion. That's it for this show. How about the Taliban League of Justice? Or explanations of any other religion. Given DC has an entire crackpot creation mythology that changes with every crisis, this is a joke or pandering.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 04-03-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I have no interest in lectures on religion. That's it for this show. How about the Taliban League of Justice? Or explanations of any other religion. Given DC has an entire crackpot creation mythology that changes with every crisis, this is a joke or pandering.
    ...yeah, having a Muslim character doesn't make it the Taliban, thanks.

I just don't want a storyline that calls attention to the fact that a character is running around in someone else's dead body.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...yeah, having a Muslim character doesn't make it the Taliban, thanks.

I just don't want a storyline that calls attention to the fact that a character is running around in someone else's dead body.
    Seeking council of the family of said dead person just feels like salt is being poured on the wound.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seeking council of the family of said dead person just feels like salt is being poured on the wound.
    Yeah, comics bring up odd situations that are hardly realistic.

Halo's got a right to live and all sure, but I'd still like to ignore the fact that she's animating a corpse. And discussion of ANY religion makes that hard for me.

As somebody who loved the first two seasons, it's been very sad to watch what's become of the revival. Perhaps the network constraints helped it not unlike how editors help keep great writers stay at their best in comics. Because the focus of the show feels split between A) the actual story, B) world-building, and C) hamfisted social messaging.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

His head was probably stranded in the bottom of the river until it got fished out
    I think he basically said that's what happened.
    It really isn't realistic that they're as accepting of it as they are. But this show has a bad habit of characters just accepting things for the sake of the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Comments like this are why that part of the episode was needed.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Comments like this are why that part of the episode was needed.
    Yeah, I didn't much care for the religious stuff, but there's no reason to lump them all together and I also see no reason to poop all over other peoples magical cloud people with powers, when I'm a huge fan of superheroes, who are basically my generations magical cloud people with powers...

More importantly, they need to find out whatever the hell Conner's underwear are made of, and make body armor out of it, because those briefs survived an explosion and immolation in lava!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he basically said that's what happened.

It really isn't realistic that they're as accepting of it as they are. But this show has a bad habit of characters just accepting things for the sake of the plot.
    Not for anything, but this is in line with the comics.

The major difference was that because comics Violet ( Halo's host body in the comics) was a criminal ( violent bank robber/smuggler if I remember correctly)before getting possessed, she had it coming so screw her ( this was literally Katana's attitude). And I remember correctly, Violet's parents were no prize when the Outsiders found them either so who cares what they felt?

At least this show is actually dealing with the elephant in the room other than saying "they were all bad people so eff them all anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Not for anything, but this is in line with the comics.

The major difference was that because comics Violet ( Halo's host body in the comics) was a criminal ( violent bank robber/smuggler if I remember correctly)before getting possessed, she had it coming so screw her ( this was literally Katana's attitude). And I remember correctly, Violet's parents were no prize when the Outsiders found them either so who cares what they felt?

At least this show is actually dealing with the elephant in the room other than saying "they were all bad people so eff them all anyway".
    Well, Gabrielle let in the assassins that got Brion's parents killed, so...I guess she had it coming too?

I had a little bit of a panic attack when they only mentioned the first memorial.
    Thankfully Beast Boy mentioned the rest, despite his current state.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I had a little bit of a panic attack when they only mentioned the first memorial.
    Thankfully Beast Boy mentioned the rest, despite his current state.
    I think this is maybe the 2nd time they've talked about Jason out loud?

Mighty Member

Seeing how the prophecy seems to be a well known ancient legend, it does make sense that the light would take advantage of it. I think Arion is some convoluted Light plot. I will say taking advantage of a situation and mythologies makes more sense than planning for literally everything. Heck, this specific scheme might be why Ocean Master was on the team in the first place.

Also touched on is Calvin Durham’s reason for falling in line with an extremist like Black Manta, which while the surface is scratched, it is still left vague. I’m wondering if they’ll flat out say it.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 04-04-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is maybe the 2nd time they've talked about Jason out loud?
    Now that I’m looking at it, it seems clear that they moved the memorial, but for some reason Jason and Ted aren’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Also touched on is Calvin Durham’s reason for falling in line with an extremist like Black Manta, which while the surface is scratched, it is still left vague. I’m wondering if they’ll flat out say it.
    It seemed, to me, pretty much that life sucked being a black man on the surface so he threw in with Black Manta for a chance at turning the tables until he met Kaldur's mom.

Of course it seems like it's still difficult being a black man underwater too.