Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Weisman said that a season 5 will be dependent on viewership

https://gizmodo.com/young-justices-f...1847923710/amp

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I can tell you one thing I am already getting bored with the Mars plot. This is the same thing they did last season. You have all these teen heroes and your concentrating on just a couple, and ignoring the rest. I am tired of it being the Superboy and Miss Martian show. Lets see more of Beast Boy's Outsiders. Lets actually see characters like Arrowette, Traci 13, and Spoiler do something. I would much rather see more Kid Flash II, Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Arsenal, Robin III, and others than simply more of the life and times of Superboy and Miss Martian. I didn't care at all about Geo Force, Halo, and Foreager last season, and they seem hell bent on making the same mistake this season of ignoring the actual real team for half a season at least.

Honestly if I was not interested in what the Legion is doing here I would not even be watching the show right now it has gotten that bad. I could understand if they wanted to do a two parter about this trip to Mars, but I am already bored just 3 episodes in. Wrap it up and get back to Earth already.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 10-24-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I can tell you one thing I am already getting bored with the Mars plot. This is the same thing they did last season. You have all these teen heroes and your concentrating on just a couple, and ignoring the rest. I am tired of it being the Superboy and Miss Martian show. Lets see more of Beast Boy's Outsiders. Lets actually see characters like Arrowette, Traci 13, and Spoiler do something. I would much rather see more Kid Flash II, Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Arsenal, Robin III, and others than simply more of the life and times of Superboy and Miss Martian. I didn't care at all about Geo Force, Halo, and Foreager last season, and they seem hell bent on making the same mistake this season of ignoring the actual real team for half a season at least.

Honestly if I was not interested in what the Legion is doing here I would not even be watching the show right now it has gotten that bad. I could understand if they wanted to do a two parter about this trip to Mars, but I am already bored just 3 episodes in. Wrap it up and get back to Earth already.
    At least they've been upfront that this season is about the OG!'s more than it is about anyone else. I mean, they're the ones in the intro.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least they've been upfront that this season is about the OG!'s more than it is about anyone else. I mean, they're the ones in the intro.
    I hate that it took them freakin' 4 seasons to get to Rocket in depth.

This Mars arc is beginning to drag. I want the wedding, murder mystery and genocide plot done with. Don't care about the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I hate that it took them freakin' 4 seasons to get to Rocket in depth.
    With Wally gone she can fully jump to opening credits status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This Mars arc is beginning to drag. I want the wedding, murder mystery and genocide plot done with. Don't care about the Legion.
    On the one hand, I want to see more of the Legion, but on the other I know this show has too many characters .

Astonishing Member

Completely agree. Waay too much time wasted on Mars. I don't care about Martian racism, or any of those Martian characters. And you are right it is a repeat of the mistake they made last year. If the wedding was the overarching theme of the season I would be fine with that. Just involve the larger cast of heroes and get off Mars its awful and boring.

I agree with the others Mars is boring, it would've been ok if only lasted a couple episodes. I'm starting to feel like Beast Boy does, let's get back to earth please.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Wasn't the common complaint from seasons 2 and 3 that a lot of concepts and stories were underdeveloped and scattered? That they didn't focus on the OG members? And now that the show is actually addressing that, they want to rush the story and switch focus on other characters?

I don't even like Supeboy and Ms. Martian that much, and I feel that's kind of unfair.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Wasn't the common complaint from seasons 2 and 3 that a lot of concepts and stories were underdeveloped and scattered? That they didn't focus on the OG members? And now that the show is actually addressing that, they want to rush the story and switch focus on other characters?
    With the huge number of characters they added to the team in season 2, I think it is guaranteed that what ever they do, there will people that their favourit character isn't getting any focus.

I don't even like Supeboy and Ms. Martian that much, and I feel that's kind of unfair.
    This wouldn't be much of issue if it wasn't boring and being dragged out. I didn't need a wedding to be arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    With the huge number of characters they added to the team in season 2, I think it is guaranteed that what ever they do, there will people that their favourit character isn't getting any focus.
    Its more than just show me my fav. It is the writers job to not make whatever they are showing boring. All these Martians are just flat out boring. I have a hard time telling them apart, unless they specifically mention this ones her dad, this ones Prince. This ones the main guy that hates earthers.

I wont even pretend to know any of their names. I think that's a problem as well when you can go 4 episodes and you legit cant recall any of the names except the main Young Justice team. But, maybe that is just me getting bored and not paying attention.

Well, I appreciate the novelty of exploring martian culture in a DC Universe since they're usually wiped out by this point save for the White Martians.

Although I don't think even this show will actually let Malafak commit on-screen yet comic accurate genocide.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That always bugs me because it is not even true. In both season 2 and 3 the OGs were main parts of the story. Nightwing, Superboy, Miss Martain, Artemis, and Aqualad have always been featured. What that "I want more of the OG's" says to me is some people hate change and just wanted those same characters forever with no new ones ever. I know Miss Martian is their pet character since they created her, but just give her a rest for a while.

That always bugs me because it is not even true. In both season 2 and 3 the OGs were main parts of the story. Nightwing, Superboy, Miss Martain, Artemis, and Aqualad have always been featured. What that "I want more of the OG's" says to me is some people hate change and just wanted those same characters forever with no new ones ever. I know Miss Martian is their pet character since they created her, but just give her a rest for a while.
    They didn't create M'Gann, Geoff Johns and Tony Daniel did for their Teen Titans run.

If anyone is a pet character they helped create it would be Kaldur (or specifically this version of him). Especially when he's the first one on the team who gets to succeed their mentor and even ends up leading the Justice League. He basically stole Wally's biggest accomplishment as a character. And then there's Artemis who basically is a somewhat Arrowette-derived OC at this point.