Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Blue Beetle.

El Dorado.

Dude don't be the spelling police. Everyone hates the spelling police.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    YJ Wiki has season 1 at 2010 and season 2 at 2016.
    Taking place in 2016 would make sense for this show, would that mean by now, the heroes introduced in that season like Bart, Tim, Jaime, Ed, etc. are all in their early 20's now?

When Orin was talking about Kaldur and La'gann also being Aquaman's he mentioned the League had two Flashes and four GL's to justify it. Obviously the 2nd Flash is Jay, but unless Kyle showed up it seems like the only other GL would be Alan.
    Oh, right. But it seemed like the three Green Lanterns that were referred to were Hal, John, and Guy who were there specifically in "Into the Breach" at the Orphanage. So the fourth could be a member of the Corps, like Kyle or Jessica. Or Jade like you said. Could Jade be one of the Green Lantern Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, Razor’s whole appearance and story here as well as Aya’s nod in Justice League action reminded me of when on the Marvel side of things, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes tried to throw fallen brother Spectacular Spider-Man a bone, but was intercepted by Disney.
    At least EMH managed to work in some references to Wolverine and the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Taking place in 2016 would make sense for this show, would that mean by now, the heroes introduced in that season like Bart, Tim, Jaime, Ed, etc. are all in their early 20's now?
    I mean, look at how jacked Jaime and Virgil are now! They filled out.
    Oh, right. But it seemed like the three Green Lanterns that were referred to were Hal, John, and Guy who were there specifically in "Into the Breach" at the Orphanage. So the fourth could be a member of the Corps, like Kyle or Jessica. Or Jade like you said. Could Jade be one of the Green Lantern Corps?
    Possible. Actually I wonder if Carol Ferris is Star Sapphire now if they're incorporating GL:TAS continuity.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Stranger's whole gig is showing up and enabling the heroes to do stuff. Does he really need a membership for that?
    Yeah. Phantom Stranger isn't on a team, he uses a team as he finds convenient.

Above all, I'm most happy that this latest chunk gave us a break from the it's-all-about-Vandal-Savage riff that owned too many of the previous eps.

Today's episode was pretty good. The various threads are coming together. BB's therapy session hit me in the feels. This version of Lor-Zod is my favorite.

Sad we didn’t see Impulse, Chameleon Boy, and Saturn Girl in this one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    At least EMH managed to work in some references to Wolverine and the X-Men.
    They were supposed to be canon to each other, but then they abandoned those plans.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Wait if Zee sensed Conner in the Phantom Zone in May, how come no one else knows? Unless she kept the info lowkey (told Dick probably?). Maybe I'm missing something but the elapse in time and that plot point seems odd, at least for now.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Wait if Zee sensed Conner in the Phantom Zone in May, how come no one else knows? Unless she kept the info lowkey (told Dick probably?). Maybe I'm missing something but the elapse in time and that plot point seems odd, at least for now.
    Last I checked she saw it but wasn't sure what exactly she saw. Also everything but the Beast Boy scenes have some ill-defined timeline overlap (The Zatanna storyline intersects with the second episode episode of the Aquaman stoyline)

They seem very set against giving us back Kid Flash, but at some point won't they want to bring him back because they won't be able to tell certain stories without him?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    They seem very set against giving us back Kid Flash, but at some point won't they want to bring him back because they won't be able to tell certain stories without him?
    It's know they Wally can't become the Flash as long as Barry is still around

I feel like the worries that the overall arc of this plot would start to overwhelm Rocket being the de-facto main character or lead have started to come true. It feels like this arc is more about Lor-Zod, Conner, and the New Gods than it is about Rocket or her family drama, which feels like it's taken even more of a backseat. All she does in this episode is get frustrated with Orion. They have a chance to save it in the last episode, but after what happened with Zatanna, I'm not too optimistic.

Seeing Cyborg get mentioned reminds me that despite being one of the bigger characters in season 3, he's taken a huge backseat this season. Especially after joining the League. Dems the breaks I guess.

Couldn't be a proper New gods episode without Bear! And him mourning Conner.

I was honestly surprised that nobody corrected the New Gods on calling Halo "She" instead of their preferred pronoun, but I guess no one in the room was aware of Violet's recent discovery of their sexual identity (and I'm not sure anyone in the audience would care unless they were NB themselves).

Talking about the nature of courtships, age, and relationships as Forager and Forager's romance progresses smoother by Forager standards. And like I guessed, Forager is considering whether to go back or stay with Forager. And he's so in love he's eloquently soliloquizing her with Shakespeare.

I'm glad they had Tomar-Re mention Krypton having been his sector and how distraught he was over its destruction, although I was expecting him to expand a little on his relationship with Jor and Zor instead of just throwing that out there. I guess we had enough exposition already.

Thank you for confirming the GL Ring takes care of waste, Kilowog.

Zod doesn't even need to say the line, his soldiers just kneel for him automatically. And they even have a motivational song they sing in his honor. Which is kind of hilarious but also just shows just how big of a cult of personality Zod has here and how he seems literally worshiped by those under his command.

Kru-El? Deep cut. Also Ursa and Faora together in the Phantom Zone when most adaptions treat them interchangeably. Non is as silent as ever. How did Zod and Ursa communicate telepathically?

Nobody aging in the Phantom Zone or needing to eat makes me wonder when this all takes place chronologically because it seems a little out-of-sync with what's going on in realtime with the main plots. It doesn't seem like Zodor Ursa recognize Phantom Girl or her Legion ring (and they don't recognize Conner as the inspiration for the Legion) so it seems like this is before the United Planets free them and they have Lor-Zod.

It seems like Conner's memories are slowly coming back but he's too emotionally vulnerable to resist falling under Zod's influence. Even if the heroes find him, it seems like it won't be easy to bring his old personality back and deal with Zod at the same time. And Phantom Girl will be stuck unconscious until they get her out of the Zone.

Dinah's flower shop! It's nice to see that in animation, finally.

Dinah and Beast Boy have their long-awaited session and while Gar is trying to say all the right things, apologizing for his actions, acknowledging he has a problem, trying to claim he's not falling back into bad habits or running away...Dinah is able to cut through the BS and get him to realize how all the people he's lost has made him feel like he's failed and never measured up because he couldn't protect or save the people closest to him and Gar finally admits he really needs help. It's a heartwarming and cathartic moment, although some would probably argue that we could have gotten to this quicker and focused on other things, especially when it has no bearing on the main plot so far.

I was really expecting a Green Arrow reference when they started talking about relationship problems, but I guess Dinah is too professional to talk about her personal life. But "Sherwood Forest"" makes her seem very on-brand for the girl of a guy styled after Robin Hood.

(Even Dinah points out how inexplicably incapable everyone is at stopping Queen Bee)

Mantis finally speaks! And despite being underestimated he actually contributes to the mission! Good for him.

Say what you will about Metron, and he kind of had some more pain coming his way, but he's not an idiot and knew immediately what to do when he realized he was dealing with a Kryptonian and got help to deal with the rest. He's a crafy one, that Metron.

Is that Emerald Empress' Eye? Are we seeding the Fatal Five now?

So if Mantis went back a day before Metron got help, what can the heroes even do to stop them from using the Phantom Zone Projector and releasing Zod?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So if Mantis went back a day before Metron got help, what can the heroes even do to stop them from using the Phantom Zone Projector and releasing Zod?
    Mantis not knowing how to work the projector. He will need Lor-Zod for that. Toying around with the thing will likely get him and his buddies transported to the zone.

The Mars arc only really gave us Father and Mother Martian, and if you really wanted to go there Sister Martian I guess, so was it mostly just the vehicle to put Superboy in the Phantom Zone or did it have further ramifications that we haven’t seen?

Mighty Member

Is it controversial to say that the whole plot with Lor-Zod and his crew felt like the A-plot of the episode? Because they were the ones to get some action sequences, a more active role, and it feels like the most screentime. It was interesting on that end. I laughed a lot at Metron being jumped mere seconds after Razer punched him out. It was kind of nice to see Mantis being the MVP and managed to get the Phantom Zone projector after all the ridicule he received. I forget, but does he know that M'comm was the one who framed Orion and antagonized him back in last season?

The Phantom Zone story was also interesting. We got to meet Zod's cult more closely and how they operate. I guess this is the chant that Denise Boutte was talking about in that interview. I got to say I was not expecting it to be a creepy cult chant. I noticed that Kru-El is amongst Zod's crew and was one of the people who chanted. Will he play a bigger role due to his connection to Conner? Also, Conner seems to be getting some memories back, but still kneels before Zod. Is he being successfully indoctrinated or is he playing Zod for now? Remember that he did inherit some duplicitousness from Lex and showed it off as far as season 1. Also, he should keep an eye on "Ghosty" since Ursa definitely noticed her Legion ring.

Garfield's therapy session was a welcome development. Maybe it took a bit too long to get to this point, but it was good to see him make some actual progression, and we're not talking about the front he was trying to play. It's good to actually see a session in the actual show rather than just the credits. I liked that we saw Dinah's flower shop, The Sherwood Florist. There are a lot of visual parallels to "Disordered" too, which is fitting due to Bear and Vykin's presence in the episode.

Finally, I feel like the weakest part of the episode was the conference itself. I'm glad that Orion thought delivering Halo and Cyborg to the New Gods was too much and liked that they nodded to Tomar-Re's history with Krypton (and how that mirrors Garfield's powerlessness), but that's really all that was interesting there. Even if Orion was too blunt about it, I do agree that the conversation about relationships and other off-topic subjects was annoying. I felt it was weird that Rocket was more upset at Orion pointing it out than the distraction itself. Unfortunately, it feels she's been overshadowed in her own arc. At least in Kaldur's arc, the whole point of it was that he was neglecting his own issues, yet they still came up in every episode. Raquel doesn't really get much to do beyond two brief scenes.

It took four seasons, but we finally got a Shakespeare reference in a Greg Weisman co-produced show. Forager recites his version of Romeo and Juliet. It's also funny since Jason Spisak also did a version of it as Wally West years ago. I got to say Forager was more eloquent.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022