Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    What do you mean? This show has been establishing details about Mars and their society since episode, like, five
    Okay, since the Mars arc ended, what else has been established?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt we will get another season to paid off the teases of Jason and Damien
    We didn't think we'd get season 3, either.

I don't know if we'll get a season 5, but I thought I had heard the show was doing decently?

Anyway, I enjoyed the new episode. Good to finally bring Nightwing into it, and I liked what they were doing with him; Haly's, playing up Dick's detective skills, some low-key shoutouts to his history and past relationships. Finally got a little motion on Conner and the Zone. Bearded Kaldur.

Last arc was interesting, but Rocket getting forced out of her own episodes was....well, she shouldn't have been a focus anyway, she came into the very end of season 1 and her episodes probably should've belonged to Red Arrow, but still, feels like they did her dirty. This arc is starting off with more promise, I think, even though it's obvious that everyone and everything is gonna come together for the finale, and that means Dick will be sharing the spotlight. At least with Nightwing, we can be reasonably sure that he'll be driving the story to a large degree. Poor Rocket felt like a passenger in her own episodes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, points to Bart and Chameleon Boy for trying, but I guess even a Speedster can't get a drop on a Kryptonian.

What better way to start of with Dick than back at the trapeze in Haly's Circus as Dan Danger? Actually wouldn't this be the time to go back to the Flying Grayson iconography? Maybe that still hits too close to home.

I kept expecting a Boston Brand cameo...

The Chalant shippers are going to have a field day with this episode, especially the beginning where Zee pops up in Dick's dressing room and oggles him shirtless. I was almost half expecting Dick to go "my girlfriend Babs" so people didn't get the wrong idea.

"I'm more of a headliner." Can this show just finally confirm Zatanna does the family business already? We're probably never going to get to see it on-screen anyways.

The protege of the World's Greatest Detective wastes no time gathering up and putting together the clues while at the same time gathering up the OG!Team so we can bring things together for the finale and finally have them all together to save Conner. You gotta love it.

Poor Clark can't just sit down for a cup of coffee anymore. Like, did Zee and Dick have to ambush him like that? They couldn't just text him that they wanted to talk? Although points to Clark for trying to maintain the Legions' secrecy as much as he could.

They mention Zatanna and Raquel being Dicks' exes which was established in the tie-in comic, but putting it out there...was there really any point to making Raquel an ex other than to emphasize Dick as a ladies man? It's not like it's ever factored into anything or really made a lot of sense.

I understand why they held back on bringing in M'Gann until they were absolutely sure about Conner, but I'm guessing that will be their next step. They might need Miss Martian if they want a better chance of stopping her brother, and she probably has some words for Lor-Zod too.

I was wondering how long they would draw out the Zods finding out about Conners' identity, especially when he said he was a "Luthor," but then Conner reveals the House of El crest and falls back on all the background information he was programmed with to tell Zod and Ursa about the fate of Krypton and it's surviving children...as well as the potential power of a Yellow Sun within their grasp.

They were only supposed to be in there for 10 years? That seems...surprisingly light, since the Phantom Zone is usually treated as a life sentence. Maybe the circumstances behind the Zone being so terrible to be in made it easier to give them a lighter sentence?

"Zor-El had a daughter." There it is! There's the first explicit mention of Kara in this universe! There's your buildup to the Maid of Might! I'm not sure if we're actually going to see Kara this season but man it was nice to hear that.

The way Zod said the word "Superman" sounded so...reverent. Like someone learning about their greatest nemesis for the first time yet at the same time not quite grasping how meaningful it is. I feel like the fact that Conner kept emphasizing that Kal-El was dead is setting up a big moment in the climax where a free Zod and Ursa have to contend against a Superman they were told was dead since Superman is probably one of the only beings in the universe who can go toe-to-toe with them. Then again, that might be me assuming too much as a fanboy given how much the adult heroes tend to contribute.

Summoning Klarion went...about as well as could be expected. Man, the OG!Team 97% back together and they basically were nothing against Klarion despite their experience and teamwork. They only survived because Zatanna forced him to answer his debt by the code of the Lords of Order and Chaos. But I guess they realized that the Magic School Bus's residual Phantom Zone energy might be the key they need to get into the Zone. Still cutting it pretty close there Zee.

Saturn Girl tells off Lor-Zod for trying to change too much in the timeline, not revealing that he never actually succeeded in killing Superboy. Boy won't that be a fun reveal.

So we're heading towards Oa? I mean, I doubt Lor-Zod is dumb enough to take on the Green Lantern Corps. who are already out for his head after what happened to Tomar-Re, so I assume they'll use stealth, but I hope we get some cameos from Oa. And maybe we'll end up with the GLC, the Team, and some Kryptonian baddies for the finale?

Phantom Girl did an amazing job playing dead. So is Tinya going to try and talk Conner into leaving the Phantom Zone? Is she strong enough to get them out? Will she be able to get through to him when his personality has been reset and he's possibly fallen under Zod's sway?

The Kaiser-Thrall...is powered by a child!? Dear lord, beyond wondering whether the child is a legit DC character, I just want them to get that poor child out of there.

Soranik Natu! Her animated debut! Honestly it's cool to see Soranik there but her presence kind of asks a lot of questions...is Sinestro still a GL? Has he turned yet? Is she aware he's her father? Is Katma Tui dead, given Soranik ends up being the GL for Korugar after her death? Is there more than one Korugar GL? I'm kind of wondering about a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Okay, since the Mars arc ended, what else has been established?
    I'm still not quite sure what you mean. This show has been establishing Mars and its society over all four seasons, why do you expect them to suddenly stop right at this exact point when nothing in particular has changed? They have just as much incentive to follow up on Mars stuff now as they did when season 2 introduced a Martian scarab holder

Incredible Member

I'm super bummed that it appears Dick and Babs aren't together anymore. I've been waiting YEARS to see more of them and now this bs? I'm so annoyed. The show can't get enough of Connor and M'Gann but that's all we get of Dick and Barbara?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair, the Kryptonians were literally sending their criminals to Hell and crime wasn't as rampant as it is on Earth so the Zods probably got a light sentence since they didn't kill anyone as the House of El got them before their coup attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I'm super bummed that it appears Dick and Babs aren't together anymore. I've been waiting YEARS to see more of them and now this bs? I'm so annoyed. The show can't get enough of Connor and M'Gann but that's all we get of Dick and Barbara?
    Didn't Artemis' arc reveal they were still together?
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

don't think so

The Phantom Zone is an objectively horrible punishment and Lor Zod's quest is accidentlly a humanitarian one. If Zod and his crew are too dangerous to be allowed free, they should be removed and executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    All we heard was from Jason Bard, her ex boyfriend, that she broke up with him to be with Dick and she ended up setting him up with Artemis.
    The Phantom Zone is an objectively horrible punishment and Lor Zod's quest is accidentlly a humanitarian one. If Zod and his crew are too dangerous to be allowed free, they should be removed and executed.
    Or freed and locked up with Kryptonite. I can't think of Lor-Zod as a humanitarian.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    don't think so
    I thought that whole scene of Jason Bard telling Jade how Barbara left him for her ex and set him up with Artemis was to imply that Babs and Dick were still together.

Zatanna summoning Klarion went as well as I expected...Though I'm curious if that school bus isn't scrap by now.

Watching Zod perk up as soon as Conner told him that Kryptonians have extraordinary power under a yellow sun definitely made me say "uh oh".

I'm really liking Lor Zod as a villain (I still hope he breaks Mantis out so he's not the type to just discard people), he even tells the Legionnaires (and Bart) that perhaps they could turn the tables if they cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or freed and locked up with Kryptonite. I can't think of Lor-Zod as a humanitarian.
    That's why I said "accidentally." His motives are evil, his ultimate end goal must be stopped, but keeping Zod and friends in a perpetual state of torture for all eternity is not a good or heroic way to stop it.

That's why I said "accidentally." His motives are evil, his ultimate end goal must be stopped, but keeping Zod and friends in a perpetual state of torture for all eternity is not a good or heroic way to stop it.
    Well, it doesn't seem unjustified when we see what Zod and his people do outside the Zone.

Well, it doesn't seem unjustified when we see what Zod and his people do outside the Zone.
    As I said, in that case you can execute them or actually work out a prison for them that isn't eternal torture.

As I said, in that case you can execute them or actually work out a prison for them that isn't eternal torture.
    Well, I don't see them advocating for executions in this show but I wonder if this is going to set up a precedent for how to lock up Kryptonians.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Well, I don't see them advocating for executions in this show but I wonder if this is going to set up a precedent for how to lock up Kryptonians.
    I mean, Kryptonians are easy to imprison since you basically just need a prison with a yellow sun and then boom, you got non-powered people.

The reason the Zods were able to launch their attempted coup in the future was because they were paroled, not imprisoned, and then *bided their time for over a decade before setting their plan in motion (Lor-Zod was born months after his parents' release and was fifteen when his dad smuggled them off-world. He was also still fifteen when they got imprisoned)

By the time Zod was smuggling them off-planet, they probably weren't considered worthy of actual oversight or they had finished parole. That or the future is so incompetent that an entire colony of paroled prisoners was able to just skip without anyone noticing.

Lor-Zod is a villain with a sympathetic plight: he doesn't want his parents to spend the rest of eternity imprisoned in a sensory hell (which is why I do actually hope that they are freed and just end up in a comparatively normal prison because jesus, that is an actual example of a fate worse than death)

It's easy to see why their fate is so unbearable to him and why freeing them is the actual core of his motivation. That said, he and his parents are absolutely villains, although Lor-Zod is a sad case since the show makes it clear that his villainly is due to thorough brainwashing by his parents to the point where the idea of defying family is a completely foreign concept to him.

I saw an interesting theory that someone posted: the Zods get out, Lor-Zod is born and, due to the situation, he is adopted and raised by the Kents and that's how he becomes Chris Kent (which would be a smart way for the show to have a villainous "Chris Kent" as well as the actual heroic Chris Kent) I imagine Lor-Zod either ends up in the Phantom Zone (god, I hope not) or he is taken back to the future by the Legion to stand trial there.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-13-2022 at 02:34 PM.