Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They didn't create M'Gann, Geoff Johns and Tony Daniel did for their Teen Titans run.

If anyone is a pet character they helped create it would be Kaldur (or specifically this version of him). Especially when he's the first one on the team who gets to succeed their mentor and even ends up leading the Justice League. He basically stole Wally's biggest accomplishment as a character. And then there's Artemis who basically is a somewhat Arrowette-derived OC at this point.
    Yeah she appeared way back in 2006, I don't think it's fair to call her a pet character. Atleast not over Kaldur and Artemis, I've always hated that term anyway.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

*looks around*

I...enjoy...the Martian racism plotline...

Though we could go back to the "we won anyway" BS from the Light like in Season 1 how every single plan of theirs that was foiled was a net gain for them regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    *looks around*

I...enjoy...the Martian racism plotline...

Though we could go back to the "we won anyway" BS from the Light like in Season 1 how every single plan of theirs that was foiled was a net gain for them regardless.
    Me too but I haven't watched the previous seasons in years. So the BB subplot felt like a daze.

Promo image for the second arc:

Ultimate Member

Second arc? The spring 2022 one?

Fuuuuuuuu....!

Mighty Member

Edit: Nvm. Wrong thread.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Promo image for the second arc:

I see Artemis and Cheshire, Lady Shiva and Cass Cain, and Cassandra Savage… who is the other woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I see Artemis and Cheshire, Lady Shiva and Cass Cain, and Cassandra Savage… who is the other woman?
    I've seen speculation that she's either Silencer or Onyx.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That always bugs me because it is not even true. In both season 2 and 3 the OGs were main parts of the story. Nightwing, Superboy, Miss Martain, Artemis, and Aqualad have always been featured. What that "I want more of the OG's" says to me is some people hate change and just wanted those same characters forever with no new ones ever. I know Miss Martian is their pet character since they created her, but just give her a rest for a while.
    We saw the beginnings of this during the Second Season. The instant the cast got bigger the fan grumbling started. From the regular fans and the guys that did YJ reviews on YouTube alike.

And the grumbling gets louder as the cast gets bigger and I don't think it's a coincidence.

I feel that Miss Martian gets a lot of unwarranted flack because she kind of replaced both the Teen Titans Wonder Girl and the Young Justice Wonder Girl so it gets taken out on this character.

But the closest thing to a pet character this show has is Aqualad. He gets to succeed his mentor ( what Wally did in the Comics) AND lead the Justice League (what Dick Grayson did in the comics...twice).

But for me, I am not going to complain about this show's increased scope. I like this show's version of the DCU far more than the comics and it's not even close.

So I am always happy to see more of a DCU that I actually really enjoy.

Incredible Member

Top 10 things I want to see in Young Justice, particulay this season:
    1. A “Lightning Saga”-style adaptation: I kept wondering what the Legion of Superheroes would be doing in the present, and then I remembered one of my favourite JLA/JSA/LoSH arcs in the comics. Won’t spoil what happens, but if Weisman and Vitti are adapting that, I’ll will be so chuffed. (Considering how much Meltzer's "The Tornado's Path" was incorporated into S1; the Hall being a front, the Starro-Tech, etc)
    2. Scott Free/ Mr. Miracle: Been rather annoyed over the lack of New Genesis characters in the series (only the Forever People have been shown, Orion was Malefic in disguise, and Metron doesn’t count). I don’t expect Highfather to appear, but I’m hoping everyone’s favourite escape artist makes an appearance.
    3. Black Adam and Khandaq: Considering the use of Bialya, Markovia and Santa Prisca, it’s baffling how this DC nation is yet to appear in the series. As for Black Adam, I’d love to see him reappear in the series, and take more of a standalone antihero role (even explain it as him finding out about being used as a proxy by the Light and was understandably ticked off).
    4. More International Teams: With the rise of Infinity Inc. and the Rocket Red Brigade, I’m hoping to see more worldwide teams that counter the use of the Justice League (such as China’s “Great Ten”, Japan’s “Big Science Action”, Russia’s “People’s Heroes” etc)
    5. A.R.G.U.S./ Checkmate Organization: Considering the public opinion of the Justice League in S2+3, I’d love to see a government organisation established to watch over the League, Team, Outsiders, Light etc. With Waller and Faraday already in the series, I don’t see why not. I’d love to see certain heroes and villains connected to it, showing the morally grey aspect of such an organization.
    6. Red Hood’s Outlaws: With Jason Todd back in the game, I’d love to see him set up his own team to cause problems with his old friends. Heck even throw Arsenal into the works.
    7. More Wonder Woman/ Green Lantern villains: We’ve seen Superman, Batman, Flash, and Aquaman Villains, but we’ve seen next to nothing from Diana’s rogues (outside of Devastation) or the Green Lantern Corps’ rogues. I’m not expecting Greek Pantheons or the Emotional Spectrum but more of the Earth-Based villains (From Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Psycho to Dr. Polaris, Sonar, Hector Hammond).
    8. More Established Heroes enter the fray: So far Stargirl has been established from the previous season, how about Vibe and Bluebird too?
    9. Comic-Tie In Plotlines: Gorilla Grodd? General Eiling? Kystar? Collector of Worlds?
    10. KINGDOM COME Foreshadowing: Considering Magog is a member of the Justice League, the Light is similar to the MLF (Mankind Liberation Front), it kinda writes itself.

Double post

I don't mind that they are messing around with Martian Lore(Atleast what I think I know of it. Which could be wrong). They took Jonnz evil twin brother/Arch nemesis and made him Miss Martians brother. They took Red martians( Who I thought were clones and only ruled over white Martian Clones) and made them even above Green martians and a natural occurrence. Not sure where they are going with this version of Jemm but I could see him joining the team at some point. Anyway kudos for trying to reinvent Martian lore but I'm finding it rather boring at this point. It's been dragging on and after the most recent episode I can't tell if it's winding down or if we got tons more of Martian politics.

Hope we atleast get some Nightwing this season. If they are braking it up into arcs with the OGs getting one Arc1 Konnor/Megaan/Beast Boy
    Arc 2 is Tigress/Artemis it seems. What does that leave Nightwing and Aqualad? Or Aquaman now? Past seasons are fuzzy at this point.

Anyway wont Spoil anything yet but this episode took an unexpected turn though I'm sure the Legion somehow saved him. No way he's dead.

I figured Jemm is the next king or to give YJ an ally in high places. Similar to Princess Perdita from Vlatavia. It was a decent end to the Martian arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't mind that they are messing around with Martian Lore(Atleast what I think I know of it. Which could be wrong). They took Jonnz evil twin brother/Arch nemesis and made him Miss Martians brother. They took Red martians( Who I thought were clones and only ruled over white Martian Clones) and made them even above Green martians and a natural occurrence. Not sure where they are going with this version of Jemm but I could see him joining the team at some point. Anyway kudos for trying to reinvent Martian lore but I'm finding it rather boring at this point. It's been dragging on and after the most recent episode I can't tell if it's winding down or if we got tons more of Martian politics.

Hope we atleast get some Nightwing this season. If they are braking it up into arcs with the OGs getting one Arc1 Konnor/Megaan/Beast Boy
    Arc 2 is Tigress/Artemis it seems. What does that leave Nightwing and Aqualad? Or Aquaman now? Past seasons are fuzzy at this point.

Anyway wont Spoil anything yet but this episode took an unexpected turn though I'm sure the Legion somehow saved him. No way he's dead.
    Can't speak much on Aquaman, but for Dick, we had 2 key reveals last season in Jason Todd being revived, and baby Damian Wayne. The latter is most likely for a future season, but Jason could very well be (re)introduced.

spoilers:
    Unless the Legion is totally useless, I think they somehow saved Conner and the rest don't know about it yet. I'm not sure how long I want them to drag that out though. M'Gann is probably going to blame Malafak for it though.

And why does someone from the future from the want to kill Conner?
    end of spoilers