Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

I was expecting the second episode to veer "off-course" after the tightly-focused first episode because that's an actual show pattern by now, but even I was surprised by the episode driving off into Markovia country. I did see someone theorize that maybe it's because Markovia is going to be where the Kryptonian battle happens to take place or something. That would explain it, but the episode really should have been placed somewhere before this arc. It just feels like it throws off the flow from the first one and it would have been better to divide the last episodes between Nightwing's team, the Phantom Zone and Lor-Zod's group.

Nightwing wasn't set up to have a character conflict to resolve, so I'm not worried that this is going to be another Kaldur/Rocket situation where the arc jumps from conflict to resolution without the actual character development. I am worried they're going to end up overstuffing the arc, so some things just end up rushed. For example, Superboy's teammates dealing with his all-board-the-Zod-trainness. Or Lor-Zod meeting his not-yet parents.

I may be biased, but I thought the episode should have spent time with Lor-Zod's group since we got a hostage situation and an impending heist situation all in one, and we also don't know how he's going to "rejoin" the Phantom-plot yet with or after his Oa detour.

Lor-Zod is going to an intergalactic police station to steal back his evil cube (powered by a little boy) using a living spaceship powered by a speedster and while he's dragging a bunch of time-traveling hostages with him that he knows are going to try to sabotage his scheme. There's nothing about that whole situation that I don't want to see in glorious detail.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-20-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post

Lor-Zod is going to an intergalactic police station to steal back his evil cube (powered by a little boy) using a living spaceship powered by a speedster and while he's dragging a bunch of time-traveling hostages with him that he knows are going to try to sabotage his scheme. There's nothing about that whole situation that I don't want to see in glorious detail.
    With 3 episodes left, which is approximately 60 minutes of story left, it is safe to say there will not be much time for details.

Will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, but going in with low expectations would be the best approach. It’s unlikely the season ends in a satisfying conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    With 3 episodes left, which is approximately 60 minutes of story left, it is safe to say there will not be much time for details.

Will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, but going in with low expectations would be the best approach. It’s unlikely the season ends in a satisfying conclusion.
    The entire thing takes place off-screen and Kid Flash and the Legionnaires just pop up:

Also, Mantis is just inexplicably back with Lor and Mal and it's never explained when or how they freed him.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-20-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ever since the introduction of Zod it made me wish this season has been plot focused like the previous seasons rather than this failed attempt at character arcs. I'm interested in Zod, his wife and crew get free and become a massive spanner in the works. Zod is someone I can see the light and Justice League being forced to work together in order to stop

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ever since the introduction of Zod it made me wish this season has been plot focused like the previous seasons rather than this failed attempt at character arcs. I'm interested in Zod, his wife and crew get free and become a massive spanner in the works. Zod is someone I can see the light and Justice League being forced to work together in order to stop
    I actually like that there isn't some world-ending threat this season. It's a personal story and I think that is better suited at this point in the series.

I just want to see Superman fight Zod.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't want to see the cliche superhero/supervillain team up.

I want to see a 3 way battle, to at least add some tension.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I actually like that there isn't some world-ending threat this season. It's a personal story and I think that is better suited at this point in the series.
    I know what you mean, but there actually was a world-ending threat this season: the Child (who had a weak defeat)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I usually enjoy character focus stories over plot but most the personal stories keep getting sidelined because they series can't keep it's focus.

Mighty Member

Solicit and covers for issue 2 of Young Justice: Targets are up. Ooh, look at who's showing up in this issue. Good timing.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Solicit and covers for issue 2 of Young Justice: Targets are up. Ooh, look at who's showing up in this issue. Good timing.
    Comic finally making up for the lack of Green Arrow or Black Canary in action on the show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comic finally making up for the lack of Green Arrow or Black Canary in action on the show.
    When were they members of Young Justice?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When were they members of Young Justice?
    By that logic where's Tim Drake been all season ?

Ultimate Member

By that logic where's Tim Drake been all season ?
    Good question!

Wow, Markovia is all kinds of screwed up. Violet should stay far away, and Beast Boy needs to be on a team that fights the Infiltrators.

As funny as the trogowogs were, Nightwing came across as too whiny. I also hate his reasoning for keeping M'Gann out of the loop. And everyone just agrees with it?

The catchphrases were on fire this episode. Terra said the Markovian version of "Hello, Megan", and then there was the end credits. Who was it that said "Booyah", though? It sounded like Khary Payton, so...was that Black Lightning?

Is anyone invested in Violet and Harper's relationship? Like it was a relationship that went from friendship to them cheating on their boyfriends and getting arrested together. I know Harper and Violet have been through a lot but I can't really say I'm all that enthusiastic about this side-character ship considering how it came about.
    I kind of am. Violet may be in college now, but they are the best example of a teenager facing teenage problems we've had on this show in a while. I'm not really a fan of Harper, though.

Beast Boy now has an emotional support animal, which feels ironic, but I dig the Wing reference.
    Has Wing been acknowledged as the first sidekick in the DCU before this? It makes sense considering Crimson Avenger did have that "first costumed hero" thing going for a while, but I never really thought about the sidekick thing. I guess I assumed it was a JSA sidekick. I wonder how Stripesy feels about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    What was the point of building up Gar's depression for us to not see him healing? It's backward, if we can see him suffering and pushing people away, we should see him build back his happiness and apologize. We could've had a great convo between him and M'Gann and it's all wrapped up in dialogue? An odd decision all around.
    I think they might be saving some of the bigger, more emotional break through moments with people Gar was closest to, like M'Gann, Conner, or the Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    This is Young Justice, they're going to close some doors and leave others open. Hopefully at least one thing that is concluded will be satisfying.