Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    well I'm excited for what is happening now, and what is coming.
    Same. I'm especially excited to see Lor interact with his parents and you know, having to explain the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Same. I'm especially excited to see Lor interact with his parents and you know, having to explain the whole situation.

He really is a great villain, which when you do it right makes you a character ppl love to hate
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    He really is a great villain, which when you do it right makes you a character ppl love to hate
    Lor is really entertaining... It does help that he has suffered losses (Metron, Phantom Zone Projector's destruction, etc) and had to change plans accordingly, vs. the "all going to plan" that the Light pulled for almost every "loss" they had back in the first couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Lor is really entertaining... It does help that he has suffered losses (Metron, Phantom Zone Projector's destruction, etc) and had to change plans accordingly, vs. the "all going to plan" that the Light pulled for almost every "loss" they had back in the first couple seasons.
    I think he could do with a few more Orion-level beatdowns.

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see his face when he found out Superboy wasn't dead.

I'd low key love it if Lor Zod is forced by Zod to help save Superboy.

All Zod had to do was look in his son's eyes; they look the same and have the same eyebrows.

Jefferson's in-costume design looks really good I forgot about that.

Also, Phantom Zone Kladur looks fantastic for some reason.

Dick should've just gone back into the boom tube when he saw them. What was he going to do against Kyprotonians? Part of me feels like he slowed his heartbeat but he's bleeding out in the head. It looks bleak, but would they take that risk? With cancellation always looming over them?

Did Ursa really need the power upgrade? The heroes are taking it.

Are they even going to have time for Raquel being left in the boom tube to be relevant? I feel bad for Amistad and her if not. At least she got a hit in this week.

Between Dick, Raquel and Clark another week I was on the edge of my seat. The endgame has been very fast-paced.

So clips from the finale are being put on YouTube. Ignore this if you wanna wait a week obviously but...
    spoilers:
    So Clark is alive, Conner snaps out of it.
    So is Dick not explained from what I say.
    Raquel's bubble protects her and she returns thanks to Metron and the chair Lor Zod used (I'm guessing next season she plays a bigger role)
    Lor Zod dies in the same explosion from early in the season after going back in time.
    Of course, the Light manages to trap all the Kyrpotanians after the battle on WarWorld (?). Because why wouldn't everything play into their hand?
    M'Gann- Conner wedding. M'Gann gets married in her human form which feels like a regression, I'm sure she saved a lot of money on a dress.
    Wendy and Marvin pop up (Marvin somehow not realizing they were superheroes for a decade). Icicle Jr. is in attendance, crying no less!
    Mal was there but not Karen, that feels odd.
    Tim and Stephanie can be seen speaking. and Violet and Harper seem happy. Snapper officiates.
    Then a flash to the Furies in the post-credits. Mary is there and a lot of fan guesses became reality because so is Kara. Although, perfect way to introduce her.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 06-02-2022 at 08:20 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    All Zod had to do was look in his son's eyes; they look the same and have the same eyebrows.

Jefferson's in-costume design looks really good I forgot about that.

Also, Phantom Zone Kladur looks fantastic for some reason.

Dick should've just gone back into the boom tube when he saw them. What was he going to do against Kyprotonians? Part of me feels like he slowed his heartbeat but he's bleeding out in the head. It looks bleak, but would they take that risk? With cancellation always looming over them?

Did Ursa really need the power upgrade? The heroes are taking it.

Are they even going to have time for Raquel being left in the boom tube to be relevant? I feel bad for Amistad and her if not. At least she got a hit in this week.

Between Dick, Raquel and Clark another week I was on the edge of my seat. The endgame has been very fast-paced.

So clips from the finale are being put on YouTube. Ignore this if you wanna wait a week obviously but...
    spoilers:
    So Clark is alive, Conner snaps out of it.
    So is Dick not explained from what I say.
    Raquel's bubble protects her and she returns thanks to Metron and the chair Lor Zod used (I'm guessing next season she plays a bigger role)
    Lor Zod dies in the same explosion from early in the season after going back in time.
    Of course, the Light manages to trap all the Kyrpotanians after the battle on WarWorld (?). Because why wouldn't everything play into their hand?
    M'Gann- Conner wedding. M'Gann gets married in her human form which feels like a regression, I'm sure she saved a lot of money on a dress.
    Wendy and Marvin pop up (Marvin somehow not realizing they were superheroes for a decade). Icicle Jr. is in attendance, crying no less!
    Mal was there but not Karen, that feels odd.
    Tim and Stephanie can be seen speaking. and Violet and Harper seem happy. Snapper officiates.
    Then a flash to the Furies in the post-credits. Mary is there and a lot of fan guesses became reality because so is Kara. Although, perfect way to introduce her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, not the way I imagined Kara being introduced. But I guess they're taking a page from Batman/Superman Apokolips. Still waiting for Jason Todd's role in all this, besides being in therapy on Infinity Island. Which is weird in its own right.
    end of spoilers

my God this season is ending very very awesome
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ursa acting like she immediately knew Lor-Zod was their kid only after he said the secret House of Zod creed.

Zod and Ursa are surprising relationship goals! Also I guess Lor-Zod is taking Non's spot in the evil Kryptonian trio this time.

Well, it's nice to see that Forager has strong willpower as a GL even if, like a lot of the heroes' actions in this episode, it didn't end up amounting to much.

I feel like taking Superboy and feeling so certain he has absolute loyalty and control over Conner is going to end up being Zod's undoing, even if so far it seems like he's absolutely been broken and regressed back in personality and can only remember Zod. Even seeing Superman isn't enough to sway him because Conner can only process Clark being dead.

Nobody ever stays completely retired, not even Bioship.

The Fortress of Solitude! Finally! Kind of convenient that the villains can just Boom Tube in there but I guess Lor-Zod knows about it from historical records. I loved seeing the classic suit with the trunks in there and seeing the statue of Jor-El and Lara, although I was kind of hoping for more memoribilia from the comics...and no Kelex? Still, it was nice seeing it.

I had honestly completely forgotten about the Emerald Eye of Ekron but I definitely wasn't expecting Ursa to become the new (or really 1st?) Emerald Empress. Which I guess makes this evil group a makeshift, present-day, Fatal Five. Fitting for a season involving the Legion, but they also establish that the true Emerald Empress exists in their time as well.

The Team vs the Zoners Round 2 goes much better with better strategy and by funneling the Zoners around the portal.

Just in case you forgot Dick was supposed to be the lead character of this arc, he's the one who goes to directly confront the main villains...only to not get to accomplish much before Lor-Zod basically has the Fortress globe collapse on him. Ouch. I guess he stopped Ursa and Zod from gaining even more power from the Solar Rays but it didn't seem to change much.

I doubt Dick is really dead. I mean, it seems kind of reasonable to me that he'd slow his heartbeat so the Kryptonians would think he was dead and leave him behind so he can surprise them and turn the tables from the Fortress. Or at least I hope.

"Listen...!" Is it too much to hope that Saturn Girl was able to give them enough of a telepathic warning so they were prepared when the attack happened and are just playing dead? Probably.

We finally get the Zod and Superman confrontation I'd been waiting for all season...and then Zod immediately takes Superman out with the Kryptonite they'd been holding onto. I guess I expected too much.

There are so many reasons why Rocket can't be dead. I think the only question is what happened to her when the portal closed and she didn't end up with everybody. Did she get trapped in some random spot between the Phantom Zone and wherever the Boom Tube was? Some kind of cosmic limbo? Is that where we'll find Kara?

I just love how a Superman villain just has to attack Metropolis for his big debut as a villain on Earth. Is the entire Justice League going to scramble to face down the Kryptonians? Will anyone be able to get there in time? Especially with Superman's life on the line and Conner about to do the unthinkable?

Is the credits supposed to be Jon's toys? Is he watching what's happening to his dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the credits supposed to be Jon's toys? Is he watching what's happening to his dad?
    Amistad's toys. Remember, the cars had to be upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Amistad's toys. Remember, the cars had to be upside down?
    Oh...yeah. I guess because his mom "vanished."

I don’t remember The Light being dealt with, I wonder where they’re at in all of this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Dick's down, Rocket's MIA, Superman's life is in Superboy's hands. God damn.

Ursa being Emerald Empress? Well I've seen Red Lantern Supergirl and Yellow Lantern Superman in the comics so...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don’t remember The Light being dealt with, I wonder where they’re at in all of this.
    Queen Bee: So a bunch of evil Kryptonians showed in Metropolis. Who did this?

Vandal: Lex?

Lex: Not everything Superman related is my fault.
    "Cable was right!"

I would love for lex to show up next episode lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Dick's down, Rocket's MIA, Superman's life is in Superboy's hands. God damn.

Ursa being Emerald Empress? Well I've seen Red Lantern Supergirl and Yellow Lantern Superman in the comics so...

Queen Bee: So a bunch of evil Kryptonians showed in Metropolis. Who did this?

Vandal: Lex?

Lex: Not everything Superman related is my fault.
    Lex: God, you create one Superman clone one time-
    Vandal: Two times.
    Lex: He was a clone of the same person and project, it doesn't count.

Ursa becoming the Emerald Empress was neat and an example of Young Justice putting a fun spin on a character. Also, as I predicted, Lor-Zod got screwed over by his adherence to his own parents who wouldn't let him kill Superboy, even though it was the smart choice and he knew it. Breeding blind obedience into a person is a big problem when they're smarter than you.

I love how happy he looked when Zod asked if he was the one who tried to draw him out of the Phantom Zone earlier. He then goes right back to his dramatic little speech that I am sure he had been preparing ahead of time. Lor-Zod's time with his parents was exactly what I wanted - and the way they shut him down and talk down to him is exactly what I'd expect from them as parents.

But there were still some cute moments between them, like Ursa going completely soft and happy when she realizes that Lor-Zod is her son as well as her and Dru-Zod's little moment in the Foress of Solitude when they finally feel each other's touch. Also, Dru-Zod and Lor-Zod being supportive when Ursa becomes the Emerald Empress. They're a good villainous family.

Also, Kaldur, if you're dealing with someone who's been imprisoned in a sensory hell for forty years when she was only meant to serve five, don't tell her to stand down and you'll consider parole.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-03-2022 at 03:46 AM.