Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Conner saving all the Martians would automatically make him and by extension all humans look good, and some on Mars does not want their ppl anywhere around humans.

Or maybe in the future when all Martians are one and not against each other by color they set their sights on galactic conquest and the person from the future sees kon as the turning point for this and eliminates him to stop it from happening
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Second arc? The spring 2022 one?

Fuuuuuuuu....!
    No, next week's episode. These are all mini-arcs and each focuses on different members of the original team. Artemis is next, followed by Zatanna, then maybe Kaldur.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Unless the Legion is totally useless, I think they somehow saved Conner and the rest don't know about it yet. I'm not sure how long I want them to drag that out though. M'Gann is probably going to blame Malafak for it though.

And why does someone from the future from the want to kill Conner?
    end of spoilers
    They definitely did, they can't fool me. I've been been watching these types of shows long enough to know better.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    I don't think Conner is dead either. I do think he might be a bit scarred, even if the Legion manages to save him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think Conner is dead either. I do think he might be a bit scarred, even if the Legion manages to save him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Guess it depends on how good 31st century healing tech is.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Unless the Legion is totally useless, I think they somehow saved Conner and the rest don't know about it yet. I'm not sure how long I want them to drag that out though. M'Gann is probably going to blame Malafak for it though.

And why does someone from the future from the want to kill Conner?
    end of spoilers
    I can think of two Legion villains off the top of my head with reason to kill Superboy.

spoilers:
    There's always the Time Trapper, the Legion's traditional arch foe. He might be trying to make his life easier by killing Connor before he joins the Legion and becomes a real threat.

Or from a deep Legion lore cut...Stargrave. Stargrave is a version of Brainiac that survived into the 31st Century, got a (Red) sun based power up and decided that a name change was in order.

Brainiac/Stargrave might want all the Superman Family dead just on general principle 😁. But since Connor is easier to get at right now being not on Earth...
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I really, REALLY hate the way they're structuring this season. Hate it.

4 episode arcs with only 2-3 characters and that's it? So that they never interact with each other? Whose brilliant idea was this? We're not even going to see Nightwing until the second half? Seriously?

I have reached the conclusion that the creators of this show have no idea why people liked the first season or what they liked about it. Well, it was pretty simple. A core group of characters (not too many, just six mains) who are friends and a team that interacts with each other. Occasional pop-ins from the Justice League heroes as mentors/adults.

They've completely lost the thread ever since then. Most of the newer, more obscure characters they introduced weren't likable or interesting (some exceptions, like Batgirl and Beast Boy) and it became way too big of a spread out ensemble that lost focus on the people we got to like in the first season, the reason we liked the show in the first place.

The reaction to criticism of too many characters is to split them all apart and focus on just 2 or 3 for weeks at a time?
    Last edited by lilyrose; 10-30-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post

4 episode arcs with only 2-3 characters and that's it? So that they never interact with each other? Whose brilliant idea was this? We're not even going to see Nightwing until the second half? Seriously?

I have reached the conclusion that the creators of this show have no idea why people liked the first season or what they liked about it. Well, it was pretty simple. A core group of characters (not too many, just six mains) who are friends and a team that interacts with each other. Occasional pop-ins from the Justice League heroes as mentors/adults.

They've completely lost the thread ever since then. Most of the newer, more obscure characters they introduced weren't likable (some exceptions, like Batgirl and Beast Boy) and it became way too big of a spread out ensemble that lost focus on the people we got to like in the first season, the reason we liked the show in the first place.

The reaction to criticism of too many characters is to split them all apart and focus on just 2 or 3 for weeks at a time?

You have some good points.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

They've completely lost the thread ever since then. Most of the newer, more obscure characters they introduced weren't likable (some exceptions, like Batgirl and Beast Boy) and it became way too big of a spread out ensemble that lost focus on the people we got to like in the first season, the reason we liked the show in the first place.

I still enjoy the show but it seems like every season's different attempt at character focus has come with its own hangups.

Mighty Member

They've completely lost the thread ever since then. Most of the newer, more obscure characters they introduced weren't likable or interesting (some exceptions, like Batgirl and Beast Boy) and it became way too big of a spread out ensemble that lost focus on the people we got to like in the first season, the reason we liked the show in the first place.

That, or the creatives just have more interest in doing "DC Universe, and we do mean all of it" in small bites than they do in doing the small team based show. I think there is a sense from behind the scenes of trying to cram in as much of the larger universe and even the most obscure characters as opposed to focusing on a core, central cast. I do wish they would return to the more focused story-telling, personally. A lot of what made S3 work a little better was the core focus on the Outsiders, even if I never really cared for any of them outside of the OG characters and Forager.

This is exactly why I say the show needs a spinoff there's way too many characters and these isolated arcs aren't going to do them any favors.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That, or the creatives just have more interest in doing "DC Universe, and we do mean all of it" in small bites than they do in doing the small team based show. I think there is a sense from behind the scenes of trying to cram in as much of the larger universe and even the most obscure characters as opposed to focusing on a core, central cast. I do wish they would return to the more focused story-telling, personally. A lot of what made S3 work a little better was the core focus on the Outsiders, even if I never really cared for any of them outside of the OG characters and Forager.
    I definitely think the show is at its best when it has some kind of core focus and cast rather than jumping around a bunch and showing of all these characters and concepts that they don't always even develop.

Like with shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, they made Spider-Man's world very fleshed out and lived in but it didn't become too unwieldy because the focus was still on Spider-Man at the end of the day.

Incredible Member

I kind of like the way they are structuring the season 2-4 episode arcs gives you more time to develop the world and characters I think when the season is done everyone will have gotten more of a chance to shine. I also like how they are focusing on the main OG Team characters but mixing it up with the newer team members, the outsiders, JL and now Legion.

Where as the M'arzz arc was more of a whodunit this League of Shadows arc seems to be more of a spy thriller. I hope they keep switching up the tones each arc.

This week's episode was really good looking forward to next weeks

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm more invested in this arc then I ever have with the Mars one.

I have an issue with how Artemis is processing her grief. If helping people is her coping mechanism than fine but why wasn't Megan at the top of the list? She said it herself, no one will be able to relate to her loss more than her. So why not help her through her loss much like she and Megan did for Zatanna? Going for the option she knows is a lost cause is wasteful

The Mars arc was fine, but I think it was too long. I'm looking forward for today's episode, I'll probably watch it later. I actually liked season 3 the best so far, but I've loved the whole series since episode 1
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH