Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

And the leason of the season is YOU DO NOT PISS OFF METRON as Lor Zod found out the hard way. Just to be safe don't piss off any of the New Gods.

Boisterously Confused

Question that interests me: Is Darkseid giving Malafaak [sp] Durla, or condemning him to it, with the knowledge his people will lose all but their transformative abilities?

In the same vein: Do the White Martians in this continuity lose all their psionic abilities because Malafaak so disdains his native culture that they abandon practices critical to developing such abilities?

As an aside, I never saw Durla coming. I wondered why they played with Phantom Girl's design so hard in this show. Now I realize it was to hide what they were doing with Chameleon Boy's design. Well Played.

Other Q: I'm not going to go as far as using the word "evil," but is Metron not the scariest dude we've seen in all four seasons? Yikes! It defends Darkseid's *eeeevil* chops that both halves of the Fourth World haven't made common cause to put this guy down.

A minor complaint (not with this season, but over all in the series): They have so ably handled a (nearly) unqualified win over a serious threat enemy this season, I wish they had done so for The Light. They've proven that they can come up with equally frightening threats. Do we really need The Light? (even if the answer is "yes," for whatever reason, it was nice to have a break from them for a season, and from Batman).

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I was glad they avoided that it would've been too predictable. Plus, the exposition took the time of a potential argument anyway...

And, speaking of arguments I wonder if Artemis will find out about the glamour Zee did last season with Wally. Part of me feels like she could know now but kinda hoping Black Mary has Zee confront everything she did in her arc. She wasn't 100% truthful and some non-Zatara drama would be a nice pivot for her story.
    At this point it seems like the show just avoids excessive drama between the good guys and bad guys when they can, like the Team and the Light get along so well and nothing has ever really upset that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Question that interests me: Is Darkseid giving Malafaak [sp] Durla, or condemning him to it, with the knowledge his people will lose all but their transformative abilities?

In the same vein: Do the White Martians in this continuity lose all their psionic abilities because Malafaak so disdains his native culture that they abandon practices critical to developing such abilities?

As an aside, I never saw Durla coming. I wondered why they played with Phantom Girl's design so hard in this show. Now I realize it was to hide what they were doing with Chameleon Boy's design. Well Played.

Other Q: I'm not going to go as far as using the word "evil," but is Metron not the scariest dude we've seen in all four seasons? Yikes! It defends Darkseid's *eeeevil* chops that both halves of the Fourth World haven't made common cause to put this guy down.

A minor complaint (not with this season, but over all in the series): They have so ably handled a (nearly) unqualified win over a serious threat enemy this season, I wish they had done so for The Light. They've proven that they can come up with equally frightening threats. Do we really need The Light? (even if the answer is "yes," for whatever reason, it was nice to have a break from them for a season, and from Batman).
    To be honest I would've been satisfied if M'Gann had psyhic whammied Malefak and prevented him from using some of his abilities. But I'd love if it Darkseid secretly screwed with him, because he deserves it.

If nothing else, I think we can all agree that the biggest question that remains unanswered is how will the newly formed Injustice Society of the World clash with The Light and the forces of Apocalypse….or, barring that, does the Light in some shape or form just control every other rogue group on the planet?

Darkseid is slowly building a harem of superwomen.

……..……….No

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Who asked for heroes in crisis to be in this show? Please no

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    ……..……….No
    That's what the furries are.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's what the furries are.
    It's been over three-thousand years and Vandal Savage still does not suspect the true reason the Lord of Apokolips wants to conquer Earth: the furries.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-09-2022 at 02:36 PM.

If it does get renewed, I could see the first half focusing quite a bit on the two newest Furies.
    We could potentially be seeing Uncle Marvel and Cap, Jr. suiting up.

Happy to see Bug Love going strong

I'm usually the first person to complain about important plots being dropped into the between season time skips, but if they wanted to just skip spoilers:
    Mary and Kara being rescued from evil
    end of spoilers I wouldn't complain.

spoilers:
    Hopefully we get some time with the Legion in the future so that somebody can help Brainiac find his nose
    end of spoilers

Not that I really expect to get a season 5

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ... But I'd love if it Darkseid secretly screwed with him, because he deserves it.
    This is one of the things I really like about this season: it feels like The Bad Guys got what they had coming. I'm okay with a few getting away. But I'd like to see some of The Light (VS in particular) get a right proper ass-beat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    It's been over three-thousand years and Vandal Savage still does not suspect the true reason the Lord of Apokolips wants to conquer Earth: the furries.
    You'd think he'd show more interest in Beast Boy then

I'd love to see The Light eventually revealed to have snuck into the Hall of Justice somehow and made off with some or all of their villain memorabilia. That would put them in position of Amazo, for one.

Lor-Zod's death was pretty brutal but Ursa is still pregnant so it's a temporary solution.

Beyond that I thought it was a decent finale.