Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Mighty Member

Speaking of present Lor...I'm curious to how he'll end up. Ursa can get on and off Daxam due to the Emerald Eye. I'm kind of hoping that entrapping Zod and the Kryptonian army comes back to bite the Light in the butt.

I would definitely like to see if YJ can elevate street/neighborhood level rogues or perhaps even reform them in some way like it seems to be going for Icicle, Jr.
    Like Batman's plain old serial killer rogues like Abattoir or his mob bosses like The Boss himself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nice to see Kaldur be able to take on Zod for a while. Also Metron saved Christmas.

Next season might be SCOTT FREE!!!
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I would definitely like to see if YJ can elevate street/neighborhood level rogues or perhaps even reform them in some way like it seems to be going for Icicle, Jr.
    Like Batman's plain old serial killer rogues like Abattoir or his mob bosses like The Boss himself.
    Street-criminals only turn up for one-off stories or for some minor Light plot at this point.

That can always change. It’s a different Earth and they can’t tell the same stories with them forever.

Incredible Member

I can't believe there wasn't a single mention about Dick and Barbara. At all.

It's like they forgot they put them together last season?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

SNIP!

To be honest I would've been satisfied if M'Gann had psyhic whammied Malefak and prevented him from using some of his abilities. But I'd love if it Darkseid secretly screwed with him, because he deserves it.
    Or, whatever is the environment that is Durla, will alter Malefak and his descendants over time. Simply going from one bio-sphere to another without any effect on one's physiology would be highly unrealistic, even factoring comic book science.

Astonishing Member

That can always change. It’s a different Earth and they can’t tell the same stories with them forever.
    Precisely what I love about this show.

Absolutely. The possibilities are so endless that the show really doesn’t need to be cancelled, but it can always continue in comics.

I am surprised by how popular Zod and spoilers:
    Supergirl
    end of spoilersbeing in almost everything Superman is in from animation to games
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 06-10-2022 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I am surprised by how popular Zod and [spoil]Supergirl[\spoil]being in almost everything Superman is in from animation to games
    Spoil, not Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Or, whatever is the environment that is Durla, will alter Malefak and his descendants over time. Simply going from one bio-sphere to another without any effect on one's physiology would be highly unrealistic, even factoring comic book science.
    Whatever screws over Malefak in the long run I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Spoil, not Spoiler
    Thanks I hate my phone sometimes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So like most people suspected, Nightwing faked his death and the Bio-Ship heroes faked their defeat. That and Rocket just happening to land near Metron felt a little altogether convenient, but I guess we needed things to finally go right for our heroes to resolve the story.

So I guess J'emm's only involvement in the plot was just introducing Phantom Girl to everybody else. Otherwise you could've taken him out and nothing would have changed. Even GL Forager got a little more to do by comparison.
    Yeah, it could've been M'gann's parents who contacted 'em lol.

Well, I'm glad Conners' memories of being family with Clark (including meeting his nephew and the Kents) was able to break through his programming, even if they still needed M'Ganna to come in and use all their relationship moments to really save him. The show really trying to sell the relationship across multiple seasons in the same episode where they get married.
    I was irked when M'gann helped him, she says she'll show him who he is, and all she does is show all of their moments together? That sounds so, possessive, Conner is his own damn person without her, if she's going to remind him who he is, then make him remember his own moments without her too.

Kaldur radiating strong main character energy by being the only one other than the Supers to go toe-to-toe with Zod.
    All the stat points that could be used in character development were used in STR.

It's going to be pretty surprising for the heroes when they discover there's no one left in the Phantom Zone...but I guess it saves them the trouble of having to worry about that now.
    It would be so irresponsible for them to not care about an entire army of Kryptonians suddenly disappearing, worst case scenario they should imagine Ursa rescued them somehow.

Metron using Rocket to ultimately kill Lor-Zod by creating a stable time-loop where he becomes the body they assumed was Conner's in the blast of his own bomb was so cathartic. Now if only they could kill Malefac too.
    It's surprising Metron doesn't consider to kill Malefaak and Mantis as well, since it was Lor-Zod, Malefaak and Mantis who all attacked him and tried to steal from him, hell, while Metron isn't aware of it (Unless that dimension has security cameras or something of the like), it was Mantis who stole the Phantom Zone Projector.

So I guess we've still got Emerald Empress Ursa and baby Lor-Zod to worry about on Daxam. Kind of wondering what they're going to do with that. Could we possibly see some weird take on Mon-El out of this?
    Honestly, with how YJ does stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if Mon-El is made to be another clone.

I'm glad the Legion got their happy ending, got to go home, and we got to see Brainiac-5 (why am I not surprised Ben Diskin ended up voicing him?), although I guess we'll have to keep speculating what it is Conner does that inspires the Legion.
    I wonder if Saturn Girl telling Superman to be in that specific event that makes Conner be the inspiration for the Legion will affect anything, while Supes likely won't do whatever it is he was asked to do, he could be there and making changes.

Black Canary talking about building Sanctuary was a big "oh no" moment for me. Like, with the emphasis on proper mental health and involvement we've gotten this season I can't imagine they would execute Sanctuary the same way the comics did, but it was such a disaster in the comics that I'm not sure what to expect from the show.
    It's very ironic for a season that is all about mental health didn't consider that comic fans would have PTSD over Heroes in Crisis' horrible writing .

I'm glad they let Icicle Jr. out of prison to see his best buddies wedding.
    It's depressing his "best buddies" are people who defeated and arrested him last season lol.

Some interesting seating pairings...Tara and Perdita,
    Would be funny if they get together, 'cause Perdita is used like a decomposite version of Tara, so that would look like some weird way of doing selfcest to me lol.

The wedding was actually pretty nice, and brings the season full-circle from the first arc, although I found it kind of funny how last-minute ordained minister Snapper Carr AKA Greg Weisman ended up officiating the wedding of his shows' main original ship.
    I wasn't aware Snapper was voiced by Weisman, I guess Weisman is the one kid who saw himself as Snapper instead of detesting his existence .

The post-credit scene was a pretty big cliffhanger to leave off on...as Black Mary and Kara Zor-El as Darkseid's latest Furies. Yes, that's right, a whole season of Kryptonian/Phantom Zone buildup, we finally have Kara as an evil Supergirl. I'm actually kind of curious what was the thought process behind taking two very similar female heroes and then emphasizing or debuting them on the show with their more villainous incarnations. Did they just think there was a good story there? Corruption of the innocent? Good girls going bad is hot? Either way having them paired together with Barda at the end makes me think we might see a ful-on Fury rebellion when they and Barda inevitably turn to good, although knowing this show that could take a full season or two to get too.
    If the idea is "corruption of the innocent", then they went about it very poorly, specially in Mary's case, as far as we're shown, innocent she's not lol.

That and Kara has no characterization, but whenever she gets focus, it could be shown what she was like before.

I did find it kind of funny that Mary's villain costume brought back her skirt. Like, what, it's okay for a villain to dress less conservatively compared to a hero?
    You answered that with a previous point:

Good girls going bad is hot?
    :P.

Honestly, it could be a possibility that they realized her costume was pretty eh and brought back the skirt on the evil form, considering how briefly she shows up and barely moves, they had time to make such adjustments.

Honestly I think it's a better design than what we saw of her Shazam form, which is not something I expected to say. Also Supergirl has both a skirt and pants so people can have their cake and eat it too, although I wonder what her full heroic Supergirl costume might look like.
    Would be funny if Mary only has a skirt when evil, while Kara keeps a pantless skirt as a hero lol.

And what's Kara's deal in this universe? She was apparently in the Phantom Zone (and thinks her family abandoned her) but it didn't seem like any of Zod's people knew she was there,
    I wonder if that other El hid her, either that or she just was never found, Phantom Zone is big.

and why was she sent there in the first place? Did they not have another rocket so her family settled for putting her in the Phantom Zone to survive Krypton's explosion?
    Honestly, if she was thrown there intentionally, that was a horrible idea, yeah sure, she gets to live, but Phantom Zone is a terrible place that fucks up with someone's mind, and being there when they know Zod is around could be real bad.

Or was her rocket stuck in the Phantom Zone like it is in other continuities?
    If that's the case, I wonder if she was unconscious when she was thrown in Phantom Zone, Phantom Girl was unconscious there and would never wake up if it weren't for Saturn Girl, that could explain why Kara wasn't found by Zod's people, if she was sleeping all that time, it'd be harder to find her.

Funnily enough, if that was the case then Kara would've had little mental damage because of her stay in Phantom Zone, but I'm sure Granny compensated for that lol.

I also find it weird she's said to have been betrayed by the heroes, the heroes didn't even know about her, and she might've not known about them, what's there to betray?

What does she think about Kal-El?
    Likely "wtf, my baby cousin is old enough to be my dad!"

What would she think of Kon-El?
    That made me wonder if she'll have that clone racism... Then again, Zod himself didn't care that he was a clone, and while you could say he's too pragmatic to care, Ursa is not, and she made no comments about it, so I guess New 52's clone racism ain't around, unless Kara is the only one that racist I guess.

And how old is she supposed to be? I have so many questions.
    Probably a teen, she doesn't look that old.

Knowing YJ though, she's probably 16, 'cause the cartoon loves that number very much, so much I sometimes groan when I notice it 'cause it's around a lot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Darkseid is slowly building a harem of superwomen.
    M'gann's next.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This is one of the things I really like about this season: it feels like The Bad Guys got what they had coming. I'm okay with a few getting away. But I'd like to see some of The Light (VS in particular) get a right proper ass-beat.
    I don't think Light is ever getting beaten, the one loss Vandal had in this season, in the Atlantis arc, was over compensated by that fucking final episode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    You'd think he'd show more interest in Beast Boy then
    Maybe he doesn't know about Beast Boy yet, who knows, maybe he'll join Darkseid's harem soon enough .

YJ is okay with telling the same stories forever to the point the only way villains lose in huge ways is if they aren't part the Light (Reach and Zod are big examples), stuff could change, but YJ loves its patterns to its own detriment at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I was irked when M'gann helped him, she says she'll show him who he is, and all she does is show all of their moments together? That sounds so, possessive, Conner is his own damn person without her, if she's going to remind him who he is, then make him remember his own moments without her too.
    Who needs the power of friendship when you have the power of being the main ship. Although I guess we had flashbacks of the rest of the Team back in the Phantom Zone.
    It would be so irresponsible for them to not care about an entire army of Kryptonians suddenly disappearing, worst case scenario they should imagine Ursa rescued them somehow.
    I wonder if it's at a point where they just assume everything is The Light at this point.
    It's surprising Metron doesn't consider to kill Malefaak and Mantis as well, since it was Lor-Zod, Malefaak and Mantis who all attacked him and tried to steal from him, hell, while Metron isn't aware of it (Unless that dimension has security cameras or something of the like), it was Mantis who stole the Phantom Zone Projector.
    Malefak proving that even genocidal extremists can get a win when you have allies in your corner...which rubs me the wrong way.
    I wonder if Saturn Girl telling Superman to be in that specific event that makes Conner be the inspiration for the Legion will affect anything, while Supes likely won't do whatever it is he was asked to do, he could be there and making changes.
    Probably a season 8 problem.
    It's very ironic for a season that is all about mental health didn't consider that comic fans would have PTSD over Heroes in Crisis' horrible writing .
    Or that fans weren't going to take it well hearing it name-dropped.
    It's depressing his "best buddies" are people who defeated and arrested him last season lol.
    At least he has a good attitude about it!
    Would be funny if they get together, 'cause Perdita is used like a decomposite version of Tara, so that would look like some weird way of doing selfcest to me lol.
    Gar having a type that hooks up together would be kind of funny.
    I wasn't aware Snapper was voiced by Weisman, I guess Weisman is the one kid who saw himself as Snapper instead of detesting his existence .
    I miss the snaps.
    If the idea is "corruption of the innocent", then they went about it very poorly, specially in Mary's case, as far as we're shown, innocent she's not lol.

That and Kara has no characterization, but whenever she gets focus, it could be shown what she was like before.
    That was one of my issues with their depiction of Mary. It just didn't feel like her. But it feels like they reorinted her characterization to make Black Mary make more sense.
    Honestly, it could be a possibility that they realized her costume was pretty eh and brought back the skirt on the evil form, considering how briefly she shows up and barely moves, they had time to make such adjustments.
    It would be kind of funny if they didn't put in much effort with her hero look compared to Black Mary because that was all they really cared about.
    Would be funny if Mary only has a skirt when evil, while Kara keeps a pantless skirt as a hero lol.
    Wonder if she'll keep the ponytail.
    Probably a teen, she doesn't look that old.

Knowing YJ though, she's probably 16, 'cause the cartoon loves that number very much, so much I sometimes groan when I notice it 'cause it's around a lot lol.
    Well, Lor-Zod doesn't look his age...