Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,021 to 1,024 of 1024

Thread: Young Justice

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    But not this show - I doubt it's even being shopped at all!

If it is, the only place it could feasibly go is Netflix.

Have no idea what is going on with DC shows, but until they completely let it go they still have a platform with HBO Max. If DC doesn't think highly enough of their own shows to produce and run it on their platform, why would anyone else be interested?
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Certainly they haven't been shy about publicly cancelling stuff lately, so no news isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Given that Amazon Prime has at least one more season of the show available (the first three) than Netflix, I'd say that they're at least as likely and have better creds as far as continuing series goes.

I'm not sure that it's a respect thing, comic book shows are tremendously expensive to make even if you get a good return on investment, and the combined group doesn't have the resources it used to.

Amazon Prime would be in a unique position of (I think) having Marvel and DC content. Plus it’s animated collection is quite good on its own. The pieces are there, but they probably need a bit more to make it happen

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Amazon Prime would be in a unique position of (I think) having Marvel and DC content. Plus it’s animated collection is quite good on its own. The pieces are there, but they probably need a bit more to make it happen
    Who's using Amazon Prime for Marvel and DC content?

If you're a Marvel fan, you're checking content on Disney plus. If you're a DC fan, you're still checking for that on HBO Max until otherwise.

Pretty sure those DC CW shows will move from Netflix sooner than later, too.

Who knows? Maybe Amazon is desperate for content. But unless you're already a Prime member, YJ ain't the show to get more subscribers onboard!

Mighty Member

Normally, I would've said the lack of a formal cancellation was a sign that WB doesn't even care about the show to acknowledge its existence. But Hit-Monkey also wasn't formally cancelled, we all just assumed it was, and THAT got a surprise second season. So, I'm still skeptical it'll come back, but not as cynical as before.

As to who I think would take the show? I could see it going to Amazon Prime's growing slate of adult-oriented shows. Netflix has been cancel-happy lately, but it would be funny to see it get it for more seasons. After all, Netflix viewership of the first two seasons was the main catalyst in the renewal. I also still see people claiming the show got revived on Netflix instead of DC Universe/HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    If you're a DC fan, you're still checking for that on HBO Max until otherwise.
    If only Zaslav himself would understand that.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022