Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Astonishing Member

This ep was so good! Wasn’t feeling the first eps of this season but the show is picking up!
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Weather Wizard name-drop. Beast Boy seems close to shutting down on both a personal and professional level and just can't muster enthusiasm for anything after Conner's dead, so Cassie is de-facto Outsiders leader.

Looker seems like the teams' backup telepath when M'Gann (and I guess J'onn too) aren't available, but she's self-admittedly not as powerful. Also a redhead, but with an accent that's kind of distracting.

Jade still visited her sister when she needed food, and gave Artemis books, but she still wasn't there to protect her from Sportsmaster's abuse which seemed to get worse and worse.

Artemis' boyfriend is Jason Bard who apparently lost his leg in the service in favor of his bum leg in the comics, but he's still a PI like in the comics. Also dated Barbara Gordon like in the comics, who left him to get back together with Dick, but at least Babs set him up with Artemis and things seem to be going well. They even both like dogs!

Onyx in this continuity is apparently Will Everett/Amazing Man's granddaughter, and they point out how unfortunately obscure a character he is.

Cass sitting there watching the prisoners and not moving is the most Cassandra Cain thing ever. I love Artemis threatening to tell Batman (basically her dad) and Cass not even flinching.

I guess finding out your father kidnapped you and hid your birth mother from you, complete with new siblings you never knew about, would put a damper on your relationship. And Olymipa apparently raised Cassandra for most of her life so Savage killing her may have been even more significant.

Are Spoiler and Cass friends? In the comics they're best friends but Steph here seemed either exasperated with Cass or used to how she acts. I guess we don't even know what they're dynamic with Tim is here either. Did the Batfamily know more about her background than The Team did? Like her name?

Black Spider is still basically Spider-Man if he were a bad guy, with Josh Keaton making even dirtier jokes now.

They really missed out on not showing us Cass fighting Black Spider hand-to-hand.

Rictus is a deep cut from the New 52 and a pretty cool update.

It goes to show how bad Shiva is before they outright reveal her being Cass's mother that the first thing she does is knock Cass out and use her as a hostage, on-top of putting emphasis on the "orphan" name when she knows she's Cass's mother.

I guess Shade is on the LoS payroll. Things seem kind of tense between him and Cheshire.

I'm kind of shocked they made Cass's origin even darker than it is in the comics. Not only was she trained as a living weapon but instead of being raised by David Cain, she was raised by her mother (so she's Cassandra Wu-San instead of Cassandra Cain at this point) who slit her vocal chords so she couldn't even speak. So it's not that Cass, in all this time, hasn't learned to speak it's that she physically can't. Not to mention the facial scars. Who would have thought Shiva would be worse than comic David Cain? Although is David Cain going to be a factor at all? Will he not be as bad as in the comics so Cass will decide to take his last name instead of her mothers? Will we get a truly mute Batgirl?

Cheshire used the "mad as hatters" code, so maybe she has something planned? Weird to see so many Lewis Caroll references without the actual Mad Hatter involved.

I'm assuming Halo will tell the heroes what happened so the Batfamily and the Team raid Santa Prisca to save Cass?

Superboy was popular enough during his short public period to get a fan memorial. I dunno, feels weird to be showing this stuff when most of the audience just assumes he's not dead, but what do I know.

So many Cassandras in this episode.

I know this is gonna sounds weird because I’m a grown man and she’s a cartoon character. But I find Cheshire to very attractive lol. iono why.

Family drama these two episodes is way more interesting then anything on Mars. Also still don’t think Superboy is really dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I know this is gonna sounds weird because I’m a grown man and she’s a cartoon character. But I find Cheshire to very attractive lol. iono why.

Family drama these two episodes is way more interesting then anything on Mars. Also still don’t think Superboy is really dead.
    Maybe dangerous women are your thing?

I still dug the Mars arc but I like this too. I'm hoping Rocket gets an arc later in the season. She always felt like a weak link in the Team. She came too late in season 1 and season 2/3 didn't do that much with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

No judgement here .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    So many Cassandras in this episode.
    I liked that they actually used that in this episode to foreshadow Shiva's move at the Vault.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

So we get a bit more insight into Artemis and Jade's childhood. Playing the Lian card with Cheshire is smart, that ensures she'll help.

I'm still torn on who I do and don't want as the mole. I want to feel sympathy for Cassandra, and I like Onyx as someone who becomes a hero, but I'm not getting too attached to either of them.

Brion and Markovia remind me of Magneto and any of the mutant havens he's created. I wonder if there's an encounter between him and Beast Boy coming in the near future.

First "A Tale of Two Cities" and then "Alice Through the Looking Glass". I like Artemis reading over the end credits.

There was a "dick" and a few "balls" jokes in this episode? Ah, the beauty of streaming only tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are Spoiler and Cass friends? In the comics they're best friends but Steph here seemed either exasperated with Cass or used to how she acts. I guess we don't even know what they're dynamic with Tim is here either. Did the Batfamily know more about her background than The Team did? Like her name?
    Batman obviously had a lot of influence on Cassandra/Orphan, but I'm wondering how much time she has spent in Gotham and how long she worked with Batman before working with the Team. At least the "Triptych" episode from last season shows Robin, Spoiler, and Orphan working in a squad together.

Rictus is a deep cut from the New 52 and a pretty cool update.
    I'm not familiar with this character. Is Rictus...actually female?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not familiar with this character. Is Rictus...actually female?
    The comic version was male but this version's voice sounded high-pitched and the chest area was a little more pronounced so I feel like, biologically at least, Rictus is female.

So we've got "I", "N", "V", "I", "T", and "A" for episode titles. I'm guessing "Invitation" is the first word? Do we know what that could mean? Or has it already been revealed what they're spelling?

The comic version was male but this version's voice sounded high-pitched and the chest area was a little more pronounced so I feel like, biologically at least, Rictus is female.
    Gwendoline Yeo is credited as the voice of Rictus, so that's what made me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So we've got "I", "N", "V", "I", "T", and "A" for episode titles. I'm guessing "Invitation" is the first word? Do we know what that could mean? Or has it already been revealed what they're spelling?
    Invitation to the wedding or the 31st Century?

Ultimate Member

Invitation to the wedding or the 31st Century?
    If Conner ends up in the 31st century with the Legion for a few episodes I will lose my freaking mind. In a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If Conner ends up in the 31st century with the Legion for a few episodes I will lose my freaking mind. In a good way.
    I guess if arc 1 was M'Gann's arc and not necessarily his, his arc might be with the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That would be a cool twist. Oh and btw I still think Wally is in the speed force.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

While got Cassandra Cain origin this episode. Interesting that she was the one who crippled Barbara and lead her to become Oracle. Saving the Joker no less (this show version of him is still one of the worst). I don't like that Barbara apparently got in the way to save Cass. How did she tell her apart from your standard shadow? Babs "saving" Cass is my only issue with this new origin.

Getting a follow up on Megan is nice to see. Even if he didn't kill Connor Megan brother still planted the bomb. He shouldn't be getting off light