Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Darling, please. emfrst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    10

    Default Would it have made more sense if Cipher was on HOX infiltration team?

    I mean girlfriend is invisible AND intangible. Perfect for slipping in and out the "old-fashioned" way. The current team just screams frontal assault. In fact, I'm shocked Trinary or Danger were not on such a high tech mission. Ultimately, I would have Jean on there as the TP link, since she is tight with both Cipher and Trinary. Pixie as getaway car and Mystique as the diversion when it gets too sour. Cyke can be in for tactics, I guess.

    What would your HOX infiltration team have been?

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    It’s true and you should say it.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Get Angel and Husk a room and replace them with Magik Or Pixie plus Network or Trinary or Hijack.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  4. #4
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,691

    Default

    You want Doug to stop making sweet, steamy love to a nuclear plant monster so he can blow up a big robot head?
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  5. #5
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    You want Doug to stop making sweet, steamy love to a nuclear plant monster so he can blow up a big robot head?
    Cipher, not Cypher
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #6
    Dead Man's Hand coveredinbees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Polaris, Magneto (force an entry), Emma Frost (diamond form, baby), Frenzy, Cyclops (long range blaster), Iceman (freeze all the pipes and environmental stuff), Cipher and Voght (gassassin) and Unuscione for emergency reentry.

  7. #7
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cipher, not Cypher
    i am now the conductor of the guggs hate train oh my god
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i am now the conductor of the guggs hate train oh my god
    You just got Guggenheimed. How’s it feel??

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    I mean girlfriend is invisible AND intangible. Perfect for slipping in and out the "old-fashioned" way. The current team just screams frontal assault. In fact, I'm shocked Trinary or Danger were not on such a high tech mission. Ultimately, I would have Jean on there as the TP link, since she is tight with both Cipher and Trinary. Pixie as getaway car and Mystique as the diversion when it gets too sour. Cyke can be in for tactics, I guess.

    What would your HOX infiltration team have been?
    technopaths like Jeffries or Trinary, and mutants who can control metal like Polaris, would have made a lot of sense. But Hickman wants to tell a story, he isnt going to choose mutants that wont let him tell it.

  10. #10
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You just got Guggenheimed. How’s it feel??
    I ain't gonna lie; my memory only jogged when OP said girlfriend in their post.
    "Cable was right!"

  11. #11
    Darling, please. emfrst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I ain't gonna lie; my memory only jogged when OP said girlfriend in their post.
    Y'know what? Reading your post has just reminded me: would it have been fun/ wild if Forgetmenot was part of the team? It would be like a repeat of that Spurrier X-force's issue. The guards would be chasing him. FMN would hide and the guards be like "why the F are we running?"

    Meanwhile, Wolvie would be in the jet, asking himself: "why are we in the jet watching Angel and Husk boinking in the air?"

  12. #12
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    I think the people who need an explanation for why this particular team is on this mission is gonna be disappointed lol

    Are they better members for Cyclops to pick? Of course. Is this team gonna be responsible for completing the mission. Most likely. And in that instance it was the right team to pick.

  13. #13
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Like, anyone can rationalize how their favorites would make more sense than the chosen team.

    I’d like to hear some cases for Goldballs please!

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    technopaths like Jeffries or Trinary, and mutants who can control metal like Polaris, would have made a lot of sense. But Hickman wants to tell a story, he isnt going to choose mutants that wont let him tell it.
    Well obviously Jean should go all Pink Phoenix and just eat the station. Magneto pulled a hunk of metal from across the galaxy back to Earth if we want to be a little more realistic. This is pretty much the problem with mutant as a background.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    Can this thread also double as “coming up with good replacement mutant names for Cipher”? I think she deserves that after being created by Gwuggiekins.



    Oh yeah also my team:
    • Corporal Summers
    • Hope Summers
    • Mystique
    • Alisa Tager
    • Hellion
    • Pixie
    • Polaris
    • Hijack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •