Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That didn't show nearly as much skill as Thanos out-skilling Thor and Cap, and simply HUMILIATING Hulk. Orm has no feats even close to Thor or Cap, and Thanos showed himself more skilled then them. He's also much faster in combat speed.
    I've watched both and I don't see that much skill from Thanos. And humiliating Hulk has nothing to with skill. It was just punches. If I had Thanos stats I could do the same thing. And where did Thanos outskill Cap or Thor? He just overpowered them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I've watched both and I don't see that much skill from Thanos. And humiliating Hulk has nothing to with skill. It was just punches. If I had Thanos stats I could do the same thing. And where did Thanos outskill Cap or Thor? He just overpowered them.
    More skilled than Cap and Thor might be a stretch, granted, but he's at least AS skilled. And watch the Hulk scene again: he displays extraordinary skill in dismantling the guy.

In any case it's far more skill than Arthur.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    More skilled than Cap and Thor might be a stretch, granted, but he's at least AS skilled. And watch the Hulk scene again: he displays extraordinary skill in dismantling the guy.

In any case it's far more skill than Arthur.
    I've only watched Endgame and Aquaman once so maybe I'm blanking on Thanos' feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    eh, didn't Thanos have a really horrible sword, though? I mean, it's basically got the same problems as the 'double-bladed light saber' except it's a solid piece of metal. it's better in that he can put his hands on the blade.... but worse in that it's got a handle that's clearly designed to only be used with a single hand!

giving the Trident to Arthur means he's got a lot more options and can put far more of his strength into his attacks than Thanos could with his sword. this effectively negates the strength advantage Thanos already has.

I would imagine that the fight would last at least twice as long if the two combatants are given their regular weapons. Thanos is still clearly way too strong and tough for Aquaman to defeat... but, I'm pretty sure the fight lasts much longer with their respective weapons being used.
    I agree with you on many levels, but that's a big old can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I've only watched Endgame and Aquaman once so maybe I'm blanking on Thanos' feats.
    Thanos takes Hulk apart easily, frankly it's just embarrassing.

I still maintain that Aquaman is stronger than Wonder Woman, possibly tougher, so he should be on the level needed to give Thanos a fight. And while the helicopter sword is great defensively, Arthur's version is a defense and counterattack together, so he has an edge there. If there was water to command nearby I'd say Arthur wins, his old weapon held back a LOT of water, and his new one is supposed to be much better. Directly comparing him to Thanos however, Thanos is much stronger. Arthur is stronger than Diana, who's best feats are 1, holding up a 33 ton WW1 German tank, and 2, hitting Superman hard enough that he felt it. Thor's best was snapping seven loops of chain that, assuming they're the equivalent of modern chains of the same size, makes that a 300+ ton feat of strength he accomplished with zero signs of strain, and in Endgame Thanos was slowly overpowering FatThor pushing Stormbreaker into his chest, so Thanos is at the very least in the 200t+ range (this is also why I maintain FitThor was physically stronger than Thanos). Maybe Arthur can take it, but I really do doubt it.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Thor's best was snapping seven loops of chain that, assuming they're the equivalent of modern chains of the same size, makes that a 300+ ton feat of strength he accomplished with zero signs of strain, and in Endgame Thanos was slowly overpowering FatThor pushing Stormbreaker into his chest, so Thanos is at the very least in the 200t+ range (this is also why I maintain FitThor was physically stronger than Thanos).
    This is... like an incredible sentence.

So many weird interlocking pieces of conjecture here.

Did people ever decide what to do with Aquaman's submarine feat? If taken at thousands of tons face value, hes stronger than Thanos, but I was never on board for that interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

In a way, it's art of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Did people ever decide what to do with Aquaman's submarine feat? If taken at thousands of tons face value, hes stronger than Thanos, but I was never on board for that interpretation.
    I see it as an outlier, and a massive one at that really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Almost like a chain, eh?

None of it is conjecture. When Thanos caught Stormbreaker he was very slowly overpowering Thor, then later on they were wrestling again and Cap jumped on Thanos' back to help and then they were slowly overpowering him. Which means the physical strength difference between FatThor and Thanos is less than one Captain America. So, FitThor is stronger. Yes, I'm using Cap as a unit of measurement.

The sub thing I chalked up to his swim thrust, which feels like is part of his water control, because he wasn't really...swimming, he was lazily kicking one foot every few seconds. Hence, if there's water around, Arthur should win this fight.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    None of it is conjecture. When Thanos caught Stormbreaker he was very slowly overpowering Thor, then later on they were wrestling again and Cap jumped on Thanos' back to help and then they were slowly overpowering him. Which means the physical strength difference between FatThor and Thanos is less than one Captain America. So, FitThor is stronger. Yes, I'm using Cap as a unit of measurement.

The sub thing I chalked up to his swim thrust, which feels like is part of his water control, because he wasn't really...swimming, he was lazily kicking one foot every few seconds. Hence, if there's water around, Arthur should win this fight.
    We have been over this. The whole "swim thrust / flight thrust" thing. For literal decades, Superman pushing the moon has been a strength feat. Not a "flight" strength thing.

You are also ignoring sooo many things for your Thanos / Fit-Thor thing. Thanos overpowered Hulk in much the same fashion in IW. Hulk and Skinny Thor are about even. Hulk has a very small edge with rage induced buffs. We see Hulk very slowly overpower Thor in the Sakaar fight. Thanos overpowers that same Hulk.

He's a bit stronger then either of them by feats and presentation, belly or no belly.

You are also ignoring that Captain America may very well have had a big strength boost via Mjolnir. Odin enchantment still working, he gets all of Thor's powers and strength passed onto his own.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I seem to recall Thanos actually *ignores* a clean hit from behind from fit Thor in Infinity War, if anyone cares to look up the scene.

Ah, here you go (at 1:44)

Although two bets rhyvurg will handwave that away as Thanos being empowered by the Power Stone or somesuch, even if the thing explicitly wasn't activated at the time.
    Last edited by Twickster; 09-06-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I will one again point out that layers of fat on top of muscles that Thor almost certainly didn't get via exercise shouldn't actually make Thor weaker.

Less flexible, sure, since the gut will get in the way, but there's no indication that all his normal muscles (that he probably didn't gain via doing a billion situps a day) aren't still there under the layers of fat. Hell, Volstagg was a lot more physically powerful than most other Asgardian even though he was much fatter than current Thor, despite the fact that he isn't an Odinson or Heimdall. Anyone compare Thor's biceps circa Infinity War and those same biceps during Endgame?

Even in the real world, lots of power lifters have large guts, since they are focused on building strength rather than dieting so that they can show off their abs.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-07-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I seem to recall Thanos actually *ignores* a clean hit from behind from fit Thor in Infinity War, if anyone cares to look up the scene.

Ah, here you go (at 1:44)

Although two bets rhyvurg will handwave that away as Thanos being empowered by the Power Stone or somesuch, even if the thing explicitly wasn't activated at the time.
    Thor was pretty beat up, I don't think he was nearly at his peak. He was subdued by a lil bit of steel right after all things considered.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I’m also in the same category of FitThor being stronger/more capable than FatThor.

By a lot? No, but enough to make a difference.

Just look at the lightning Thor used against Thanos in Endgame. Barely any at all (which we know is effective since Cap managed to knock back Thanos with some lightning). So why in the deuce didn’t Thor summon a massive bolt down on him like he did Hela?

Seemed to me he didn’t because maybe he couldn’t. Maybe he was out of practice. Not a lot of call to summon lightning and blast people while rocking video games for five years straight.

Hell, look at his fight on the Rainbow Bridge. He’s blasting people all the time as almost an auto defense, yet nary a bolt towards Thanos.

Wether his physical strength was less, it clearly seems to indicate his powers in general were out of shape/out of practice.

Or......

Thor is an idiot and was written with PIS.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM