Default Radiant Appreciation 2019

Hello everyone ! I don't know why I didn't do that before, so here is the appreciation thread for the French manga (manfra) Radiant !

Information
    Type: Manfra (French manga)
    Published: July 2013 -still going (12 volumes currently in French, 4 in English, also available in Spanish, German and Japanese)
    Genres: Fantasy, Adventure, Shounen
    Authors: Tony Valente (Story & Art)
    Serialization: None (the author try to release two or three volumes a year but there isn't prepublication)
    Synopsis: Seth is a wizard apprentice from the Pompo Hills. Like all wizards, he is an "infected", one of the rare human beings who survived a touch from a Nemesis, those creatures falling from the sky which contaminate and destroy everything they touch. His apparent immunity naturally led him to become a Hunter, so he could fight the Nemesis but more importantly, so he could find the cradle of those monsters : the Radiant.

If you like Naruto, One Piece or My hero Academia, you may want to glance at it, I think you'll like it !

There is also an anime, which will start its second season in October. I haven't watched it yet, because the first few episodes didn't do justice to the manfra apparently, but I heard it really got better toward the end, so i'll try to give it a shot and review it, someday !

I'll try to post art from time to time, but it's sometimes really spoilery !
    Last edited by Korath; 08-31-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Bumping this because I've watched the first six episodes of the anime and I'm... a little torn.

On the one hand, it's clearly didn't manage to keep the tone of the manga and thus is really frustrating to look after having read it. On the other hand, I like the music and even if the animation isn't that great, it's not the worst either. I won't go too much into details because I don't want to spoil potential viewers, but I definitively recommend seeing it before reading the manga, there is only twenty or so episodes, after all.

Plus, season 2 should be a lot closer to the tone of the manga, so expect less bland or unremarkable characters, darker humor and intrigues, and, hopefully, some of the best battles out there.

Also, one of the most important character for the story -albeit one appearing rarely- has the same voice actor as All-Might, and I keep expecting him to blurt "Plus Ultra" or another All-Might catchphrase >x< !

I just found out that the manga is available on Comixology (at least the French version, I'm not sure if it is also the case for the ENglish one, if anyone could confirm it, it would be great) : https://www.comixology.fr/Radiant/se...N1bHRzU2xpZGVy

BANNED

I’m about to check out the anime for the series appreciate you putting me onto it