Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Suggest a unique idea for a DC hero or villain

Even if it's been done before, put a new spin on the idea.

My idea:

Triplicate girl must merge at least once every 24 hours or she will die. Have one of her selves be in love with Bouncing Boy, another in love with Superboy, and the other in love with Mon-El. Now there's a conundrum.

BANNED

Superman divorces Lois and runs away with Maxima to outer space, where he's just Superman all the time.

Green Lantern (Hal) helped found other Justice Leagues with heroes of other planets in his sector and is a member of many of them at the same time.

A Green Arrow who's like Don Quixote and actually believes he's a Robin Hood type person living in the past.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-30-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Incredible Member

Time Weasel : self explanatory

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

A Green Arrow who's like Don Quixote and actually believes he's a Robin Hood type person living in the past.
    Very strong idea!

Not really new, but barely used; Music Meister. With the power to make people sing and dance as if they were in a musical. Including Batman and Lex Luthor. Not really evil, not necessarily good. Kind of a 5th Dimensional Imp character, really.

A Batman who has "won" his battle with crime and now lords over Gotham with an iron fist, to the point where disenchanted former sidekicks and villains strike up an alliance to bring him down.

Green Lantern (Hal) helped found other Justice Leagues with heroes of other planets in his sector and is a member of many of them at the same time.
    Kinda love this.

Boisterously Confused

The Phantom Stranger: He's an astral projection from a paraplegic whose psionic potential was released by the events that crippled him. Everything he can do is a function of long-range clairvoyance/telekinesis/telepathy. TPS appears only when his alter ego is asleep. (this also works for The Spectre if Corrigan/Allen was crippled rather than murdered).

I really, REALLY, like that.

Too much like Moon Knight (super-skilled crazy dude) . Nonetheless, points for Outside The Box Thinking.

Hyena. This villain should be nasty, powerful, manipulative and feared. Sort of like a mix between Venom and Carnage.

Ultimate Member

I love this idea! (And it would explain why the Green Lantern of the entire space sector can just flat out ignore the dozens, if not hundreds, of inhabited worlds he's supposedly protecting and just hang out on Earth all the time, if he's actually founded super-teams on many of these worlds...)

I had a similar one for Phantom Girl, of the Legion of Super-Heroes, that, on her native plane of Bgtzl, there's a completely other United Planets, and a completely other Legion of Super-Heroes, of which she is a member, and whom her other teammates are completely unaware (since they can't go there and meet them).

Alternately, the 'dimension' of Bgtzl is all just a made-up story the natives tell the rest of the United Planets so as to not freak them out. The only 'Bgtzlns' that are allowed to cross over, like Tinya and her mother, are people *that the current natives wouldn't recognize because they died so long ago.* (Because 'Bgtzl' is the afterlife, and they are all actually the spirits of the dead!)

I was working on a similar idea to this. In my version, the Earth Lanterns, who've all have been League, form their own "Justice Corps" or "Lantern League" that acts as sort of an intergalactic House of Heroes. They'd each go to different planets, founding Justice Leagues and forming intergalactic alliances for the League on Earth. John Stewart serves as their Guardian, he's their representative to the Guardians of the Universe. He doesn't form other Leagues like the others, the "Justice Corps" or "Lantern League" is his League and he usually deals with the diplomatic side of things. Kyle Rayner is White Lantern and his league(s) focus on the cosmic heavies and more abstract threats; John is usually found on this team if he's in the field. Guy Gardner is a Red Lantern and his League(s) usually focus on combat-heavy missions; if there's a fight, Guy's there. Simon Baz is a Blue Lantern and is paired up with Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, their Leagues are more black-ops and rescue-oriented. To be honest, I couldn't think of a role for Hal's league(s). I'm thinking maybe take Morrison's multiversal Lantern Corps and have that be Hal's thing? or maybe have him replace Ion as the Willpower entity and have him deal with abstract beings with Kyle and John? iunno.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-30-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Fun thread idea. Okay, so just randomly off the top of my head:

Since Merlyn is his codename anyway, give Merlyn magic arrows with a variety of demonic powers. I think it would a) be a nice play on the whole "trick arrows" gimmick and b) provide a necessary buff to Green Arrow's rogues gallery.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Fun thread idea. Okay, so just randomly off the top of my head:

Since Merlyn is his codename anyway, give Merlyn magic arrows with a variety of demonic powers. I think it would a) be a nice play on the whole "trick arrows" gimmick and b) provide a necessary buff to Green Arrow's rogues gallery.
    Ooh, I like that idea. There are tons of tech-based 'gimmick arrow' characters, a magic-based one would be a neat twist, with fiery arrows and soul-seeking arrows that arc around to try again if the target dodges and arrows that explode on impact into a demonic shadowy bird of prey and attack anyone in the target area... Magic arrows that can cut through anything, ignoring defenses, even inches of promethium armor or Green Lantern force fields or Black Adam/Captain Atom/Superman's invulnerable skin, could also up the threat level.

He could either be using magic arrows (with all the limitations that implies), or, be demon-possessed and able to enchant them as he fires them, creating custom magic arrows on the spot in combat.

Extraordinary Member

Love this idea.