Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    In fairness, that's only because it was so massive that it housed some good stories and ideas in the mountain of **** that comprises it, and was a victim of internal politics and greed (this being a time when bankruptcy drew nearer by the day). I'd say 5% of the Clone Saga was good, and theoretically you could make a good movie by adapting different elements of it and removing everything bad while going in a different direction similar to Civil War. Sins Past and OMD are small stories that only exist to make things worse, and have nothing that could be considered "good" by virtue of there not being enough time for anything good to come of it.
    That reminds me, I had a dream last night that Sony’s first Tom Holland Spidey movie was an adaptation of the clone saga. Holland was in the Garfield Spidey suit for some reason. Ben Reilly was a blonde Holland in the classic SS outfit. And Kaine was wearing his own SS outfit. They were talking about finding Venom in San Francisco. Wish I could remember more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    In fairness, that's only because it was so massive that it housed some good stories and ideas in the mountain of **** that comprises it, and was a victim of internal politics and greed (this being a time when bankruptcy drew nearer by the day). I'd say 5% of the Clone Saga was good, and theoretically you could make a good movie by adapting different elements of it and removing everything bad, while going in a different direction similar to Civil War. Sins Past and OMD are small stories that only exist to make things worse, and have nothing that could be considered "good" by virtue of there not being enough time for anything good to come of it.
    it’s not about the size, it’s-

- anyway, the saga’s bloat was what killed it as a good story, not a saving grace. had the story concluded in its original short form, it’s legacy would likely be more positive than the sprawling mess it was irl
    troo fan or death

OMD, and it isn't close.

The clone saga as bad as it was did have some interesting ideas and some good came out of it.

Sins past is pretty bad but it can be fixed and/or ignored as it isn't that relevant.

OMD sucked when it came out. It sucks now and it will always suck. I can not think of a single good thing that came out of it. It didn't' make Spidey more relatable. In fact I'd say it made him less relatable and less interesting. They brought Harry back and he's less relevant then The Wall. None of the girls they use to replace MJ stick because they aren't as interesting. The story IMO has Peter give the finger to the whole great power and great responsibility line.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Yeah it's OMD. Game, set, match.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Astonishing Member

omd is a giant black hole of suckage that continues to taint spider-man, marvel comics and any legacy joe quesada might leave.

clone saga went on too long, had no real plan and was the victim of editorial musical chairs but it gave us mayday parker and ben reilly and kaine so not a bad outcome.

sins past is ridiculous and should never have been okayed by editorial but it's easy to ignore and left no lasting harm.

OMD without a doubt. The other stories could be largely ignored...but OMD was so toxic, it still affects (or is that "infects"?)the title to this day.

Mighty Member

I'd say Sins Past is probably worse...It mad EVERYONE involved look bad. Gwen with her involvement with her friend's dad. Norman, making his murder of Gwen going from wanting to pick a fight with Peter to not wanting to pay child support, MJ for playing a secret keeper of something like this (wait until the sequel Sins Harder, where we learn that the Norman and Gwen situation was actually a threesome with those two AND MJ). I seriously can't believe that this was a story with managed to make it past editorial.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    The clone saga as bad as it was did have some interesting ideas and some good came out of it.

Sins past is pretty bad but it can be fixed and/or ignored as it isn't that relevant.

OMD sucked when it came out. It sucks now and it will always suck. I can not think of a single good thing that came out of it. It didn't' make Spidey more relatable. In fact I'd say it made him less relatable and less interesting. They brought Harry back and he's less relevant then The Wall. None of the girls they use to replace MJ stick because they aren't as interesting. The story IMO has Peter give the finger to the whole great power and great responsibility line.
    I wasn't going to be interested in reading about any romantic relationship with any woman that replaced Peter's wife of 20 years in real time
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

OMD. It’s not even close. .

I like Sins Past. In spite of the few stretches you need to take to make events fit the timeline.

The Clone Saga is an era so I don’t think it’s comparable. You had a few gems and some cool ideas and a lot of rubbish.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    OMD. It’s not even close. .

I like Sins Past. In spite of the few stretches you need to take to make events fit the timeline.

The Clone Saga is an era so I don’t think it’s comparable. You had a few gems and some cool ideas and a lot of rubbish.
    I think it should sound more like: OMD or Sins Past or Maximum Clonage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    I think it should sound more like: OMD or Sins Past or Maximum Clonage.
    That may be a better selection for comparison.

Would change my answer though lol

Lets see

Sins Past is very confusing and really seemed like a shock factor thing that just went nowhere

OMD - I like the result and I know i'm a one of few who do however I have to admit how they got there was just rubbish, there are so many times where things are just STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Clone Sage - I think it out stay its welcome

Truthfully my understanding is that JMS liked Sins Past but wanted Peter to be the baby daddy so the editoral's made him switch to Norman so the basic concept could work its just the choices. JMS hated OMD because it was stupid and I think they could have easily brought Gwen back to so I have to go with OMD.
    Truth is the best policy