Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Fire
    Ice
    Big Barda
    Vixen
    Starfire (Like Cyborg, she's probably long overdue for a tenure with the League)
    Star Sapphire

I almost put in Bulleteer, whom I'd like to see used more, but after reading about Hawkgirl a few posts up, I figured she'd be disqualified for similar reasons.

Wonder Woman
    Black Canary
    Mera
    Big Barda
    Vixen
    Star Sapphire

or

Vixen
    Wonder Woman (Donna Troy)
    Starfire
    Madam Xanadu
    Katanna
    Killer Frost
    Last edited by Avi; 09-06-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    DC calls you saying they are doing a new JLA line up. They know they want 6 women superheroes on the team, and you get to pick them (What? It could happen).

There's a catch though: None of the characters can be spin-offs/legacy characters for a male superhero.

With this requirement, who are your 6 heroines?
    Wonder Woman (if you don't include her in something like this? You're doing it wrong.)

Black Canary.

Vixen.

Fire.

Ice.

Skyrocket.

Okay, so that lineup is pretty standard, until we hit the last one. Skyrocket, for those who don't know, was a character in the 00's era Power Company title. Her deal is, basically, she's Captain America in an Iron Man suit. She's a soldier and patriot wearing a suit of advanced tech created by her parents. I went with her over other options because she's not someone you'd expect to see, she offers that "audience surrogate/outsider" perspective, and DC doesn't have a lot of well known patriotic heroes *or* heroes in power armor.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Gypsy

Fire

Ice

Crimson Fox

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Wonder Woman
    Black Canary
    Vixen
    Starfire
    Troia
    [Killer] Frost
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

redid my list:

Vixen (leader)
    Artemis of Bana-Mighdall
    Fuerza
    Silencer
    Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
    Starfire
    with Martian Manhunter as the 7th member of their League
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

DC calls you saying they are doing a new JLA line up. They know they want 6 women superheroes on the team, and you get to pick them (What? It could happen).

There's a catch though: None of the characters can be spin-offs/legacy characters for a male superhero.

With this requirement, who are your 6 heroines?
    So we are excluding Supergirl. one of the most powerful women in the DC universe, merely because she is Superman's older cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So we are excluding Supergirl. one of the most powerful women in the DC universe, merely because she is Superman's older cousin?
    no, she's excluded because she's a direct off-shoot of Superman; costume and all.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Zatanna
    Amethyst
    Ice
    Black Canary
    Wonder Woman
    Star Sapphire

Edit:
    I read the opening post, but somehow I didn't read the thread title (of if I did, I immediately forgot it). These are the characters I'd use if, for some bizarre reason, I had to have six female members on the Justice League. I don't think I would actually like to write a book like this or read one. Justice League Femme Force doesn't seem like something that would interest me, and I wouldn't want six female members on the regular Justice League, because I would want other characters there and I wouldn't want the team to be that big. I would cut it off at 7 or 8 members total.

That said, an all female team with its own identity would likely interest me more, as I am a fan of Sailor Moon, Totally Spies, and Gall Force. Though, I think I would be more interested in a team that was designed from the ground up to be a team, instead of mashing random sundry superheroes together.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 09-08-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Artemis of Bana-Mighdall
    Black Canary
    Supergirl
    Starfire
    Star Sapphire
    Raven

Wonder Woman (Leader)
    Black Canary (Second-in-Command)
    Vixen
    Starfire
    Big Barda
    Zatanna

Add-on later...Mera and Doctor Light.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

Edit:
    I read the opening post, but somehow I didn't read the thread title (of if I did, I immediately forgot it). These are the characters I'd use if, for some bizarre reason, I had to have six female members on the Justice League. I don't think I would actually like to write a book like this or read one. Justice League Femme Force doesn't seem like something that would interest me, and I wouldn't want six female members on the regular Justice League, because I would want other characters there and I wouldn't want the team to be that big. I would cut it off at 7 or 8 members total.
    I think that, particularly in the current climate, a "Justice League Femme Force" might be a viable for a special-purpose mini-series (like Justice League Task Force #7-8 or YJI: Beneath), but I think that an ongoing might risk getting a little hung up on "issues".

However, I am in favour of a more gender-balanced core team either of the normal size or expanded one such as:

Wonder Woman
    Black Canary
    Green Lantern (Kyle or Simon)
    Flash (Wally)
    Aquaman (Orin)
    Martian Manhunter (J'onn)
    Vixen
    Zatanna

Black Orchid
    Vixen
    Starfire
    Raven
    Fire
    Ice

Ok, I thought when I created this once it reached the 3rd page and beyond, I would post the results. I'll post them as is, and make a few comments there:

34 Vixen (This was surprising. I LOVE Vixen. But I thought WW would be number 1)
    24 Black Canary (Surprising for the same reason as Vixen)
    23 Wonder Woman
    16 Big Barda (I just had no idea she was this popular)
    12 Fire
    12 Starfire
    12 Ice (Not sure if the people who voted Ice Maiden meant Ice, but I kept them separate)
    8 Dr Light (I consider her a spin-off of a male character myself. I know I said 'heroes' but that's just because I didn't think of her. That said I love the character)
    7 Bumblebee
    7 Katana
    7 Star Sapphire
    7 Raven
    5 Donna Troy
    5 Zatanna (I consider her a male spin-off too)
    4 Huntress
    4 Madam Xanadu
    4 Black Orchid
    3 Ice Maiden
    3 Isis
    3 Lady Quark
    3 Nightshade
    3 Phantom Lady
    2 Amethyst
    2 Artemis of Bana-Mighdall
    2 Celsius
    2 Killer Frost
    2 Looker
    2 Nubia
    2 Platinum
    2 Silencer
    2 Skyrocket
    2 Witchfire
    1 Atlee
    1 Beautiful Dreamer
    1 Black Thorn
    1 Cassandra Cain
    1 Catwoman
    1 Crimson Fox
    1 Dolphin
    1 Elasti-Girl/Woman
    1 Empress
    1 Equinox
    1 Fireworks
    1 Fuerza
    1 Gypsy
    1 Harbinger
    1 Liberty Belle
    1 Lois Lane
    1 Magenta
    1 Maxima
    1 Mera (I consider her a male spin-off too, but not Barda and I can't explain why )
    1 Naiad
    1 Naomi
    1 Owlwoman
    1 Philippus
    1 Rocket
    1 Rose Psychic
    1 Sparx
    1 Strata
    1 Supergirl
    1 Tsunami
    1 Voodoo
    1 Wildfire
    1 XS
    1 Ya'Wara
    1 Yellow Peri

Anyway, i was just curious. My fave DC female superheroes are the Kate Spencer Manhunter and Power Girl, so I don't have anything against "male spin-off" characters, I was just curious who would make it if that was out of the picture.

Thanks for playing!
    Last edited by edpower; 09-18-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

34 Vixen (This was surprising. I LOVE Vixen. But I thought WW would be number 1)
    I think Vixen could always use more attention, as I'm not sure if the amount of attention she has already received at this point does justice to her nearly 40-year existence of being published.