Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,383

    Default Ganondorf vs. Dracula

    Ganondorf takes on the Castlevania incarnation of Dracula.

    Specifically, This is a Ganondorf who does not posess the entire Triforce, only a single piece of it

  2. #2
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Probably need to be a bit more specific with a version of Ganon, but overall, I don't think either one has a decisive advantage over the other in a rumble for most versions of Ganon. Flip a coin, though I might give a majority to Ganon just 'cause I think he's a badder dude at the end of the day.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  3. #3
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,951

    Default

    hard to say really. both have similar powersets and both are very hard to put down. (at least in drac's case, until you get to the demon castle war)

  4. #4
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    4,561

    Default

    I don't remember fire hurting Ganon, but according to smash Bros pretty much anything aimed at Drac's head hurt Castlevania Drac.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  5. #5
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    49

    Default

    It looks to me like a stalemate. You have two nigh tireless/immortal guys who can only be harmed by Good/Holy attacks which neither have and are in the same ballpark powerwise so don't run into the no limits fallacy. They can't hurt each other. Unless one of them has a dimension dump/BFR ability I'm unaware of they end up just glaring at each other menacingly forever.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I don't remember fire hurting Ganon, but according to smash Bros pretty much anything aimed at Drac's head hurt Castlevania Drac.
    Wind Waker Ganondorf tanked a Dragon blasting him with fire breath for what that's worth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    It looks to me like a stalemate. You have two nigh tireless/immortal guys who can only be harmed by Good/Holy attacks which neither have and are in the same ballpark powerwise so don't run into the no limits fallacy. They can't hurt each other. Unless one of them has a dimension dump/BFR ability I'm unaware of they end up just glaring at each other menacingly forever.
    This sounds likely. OoT Ganondorf had some off-screen curses and such that might do a thing? But I doubt he can whip them up in the heat of battle.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,938

    Default

    Technically speaking, the Triforce of Power is Holy/Divine magic, so a backhand to the face might be super-effective against Dracula, even if magic spells drawing on it don't count.

    Also, Twilight Princess Ganondorf (now that's a weird mental image, though after Bowsette, there's probably already fanart of it) also had a sword which seemed to be Holy in nature.

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Do people need holy weapons to kill Dracula? Alucard put him back in the ground with just whatever, and various non-Belmonts have fought him effectively without major holy weapons, either.

    Heck, Shanoa managed to kill him using his own power.

    Beating Ganon requires at least something like the silver arrows to make him vulnerable, but Castlevania Drac doesn't seem to be out invulnerable, just really tough.

  9. #9
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Do people need holy weapons to kill Dracula? Alucard put him back in the ground with just whatever, and various non-Belmonts have fought him effectively without major holy weapons, either.

    Heck, Shanoa managed to kill him using his own power.

    Beating Ganon requires at least something like the silver arrows to make him vulnerable, but Castlevania Drac doesn't seem to be out invulnerable, just really tough.
    i think it's more like holy weapons can hurt him but not put him down. generally, it falls back to the vampire killer to put the smackdown on him. also as something of a minor rule, if drac is brought back outside of the 100 year cycle, he seems to be weaker than normal. there were a few times that he was brought back by minions or followers of his and he doesn't always display the same powers and skills as he normally would. like when shaft brought him back for SOTN and he didn't transform during his fight with al like he did for his fight with richter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •