Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Did JL ever confront Barry about Flashpoint?

Hello,

already started a thread, but it had two questions and the Barry part was overlooked.

So another time:
    Did JL ever confront Barry about Flashpoint and the mistake which HE made?

Astonishing Member

I don't think so

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't think so
    It is another case of EXTREMELY HYPROCRITICAL behaviour of the JL.
    Disbanding the Titans because of Troia, BUT Barry travels back in time and destroys the timeline and nothing happens..

Unless there was some story line that actually addressed it that I don't remember, they were always kind of vague if the other heroes even knew about Flashpoint. The New 52 was a whole new timeline until Rebirth, and after Rebirth the only ones I can remember that knew of Barry messing up the timeline were Batman and Wally West. Superman kinda does, since he's an amalgamation of pre-and-post Flashpoint, but I don't think it was ever addressed that he knows of the actual Flashpoint universe.

The Flash comics had a few stories where Wally confronted Barry about how time got messed up in regards to Iris' memories and Linda/Wally's kids. But I can't really remember a story where the general DCU/The League suddenly remembered their Pre-Flashpoint lives. They may not even know.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Unless there was some story line that actually addressed it that I don't remember, they were always kind of vague if the other heroes even knew about Flashpoint. The New 52 was a whole new timeline until Rebirth, and after Rebirth the only ones I can remember that knew of Barry messing up the timeline were Batman and Wally West. Superman kinda does, since he's an amalgamation of pre-and-post Flashpoint, but I don't think it was ever addressed that he knows of the actual Flashpoint universe.

The Flash comics had a few stories where Wally confronted Barry about how time got messed up in regards to Iris' memories and Linda/Wally's kids. But I can't really remember a story where the general DCU/The League suddenly remembered their Pre-Flashpoint lives. They may not even know.
    Ok, maybe after Doomsday Clock....

It could also have happened kind of off-screen at the moment, since it seems that YJ are already back on Earth currently, since Tim is in the Batman Series and we have seen him with YJ in Batman 74 (I think).

And if YJ with Bart,Conner and Cassie arrives on Earth it will surely be interesting...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Now that I think on it, I don't think Flashpoint is common knowledge in the DC universe.

Barry didn't cause all the problems; we've discussed this in countless other threads.

Eobard Thawne was to blame.
    Eobard Thawne was the one who went back into the past and killed Barry's mother; she was still alive prior to Geoff Johns deciding to bring back Barry.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Moreover, from the point of view of most of the current incarnations of the heroes, their timeline *is* the normal timeline. They have as much interest in the Pre-FLASHPOINT DCU as the Pre-FLASHPOINT DCU had in the Pre-COIE DC Multiverse.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Barry didn't cause all the problems; we've discussed this in countless other threads.

Eobard Thawne was to blame.
    Eobard Thawne was the one who went back into the past and killed Barry's mother; she was still alive prior to Geoff Johns deciding to bring back Barry.
    I absolutely agree. Barry was only trying to set the timeline right and save an innocent life. IMO, a good superhero story would never make that a bad thing - so I'm not a fan of Flashpoint doing what it did at all.

Moreover, from the point of view of most of the current incarnations of the heroes, their timeline *is* the normal timeline. They have as much interest in the Pre-FLASHPOINT DCU as the Pre-FLASHPOINT DCU had in the Pre-COIE DC Multiverse.
    Also true.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If it makes you feel better booster gold called him out on it,once.
    Edit- the op is asking this question because the justice league guys did blame titans for troia aand being to family like. So, there is context to his question. Why isn't barry, clark, bruce or hal blamed for their **** ups? For instance, why isn't hal still blamed for going crazy and killing other lanterns(it is in continuity) or bruce for all the **** he pulls.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-31-2019 at 08:33 AM.

I dont think very many people know about Flashpoint, and other than a rare few like Wally, would likely blame Zoom for it. And as far as anyone except Wally is aware, they're living in the normal timeline. This *is* their native reality. The only person who has any reason to know differently is Wally, and as I understand it he and Barry have had it out over that already.

Clark, as far as he knows, was "split" into two different versions, but when Reborn hit and they were put back together, the new combined reality is what Clark thinks his history has always been. And I dont think that was tied back to Flashpoint, just Oz and Myx I believe?

Everyone's right to call out the League on the hypocrisy though. The heroic community has always turned a blind eye to certain people doing certain things. Jason Todd is welcome in the batcave and even Superman has a polite hello for him, but that guy's body count is probably higher than the average super villain's. Clark's hurled millions into the Phantom Zone, Diana has killed, Bruce's actions have led to disaster time and time again, etc. The League ignores it as long as the guilty party has saved a kitten or two.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont think very many people know about Flashpoint, and other than a rare few like Wally, would likely blame Zoom for it. And as far as anyone except Wally is aware, they're living in the normal timeline. This *is* their native reality. The only person who has any reason to know differently is Wally, and as I understand it he and Barry have had it out over that already.

Clark, as far as he knows, was "split" into two different versions, but when Reborn hit and they were put back together, the new combined reality is what Clark thinks his history has always been. And I dont think that was tied back to Flashpoint, just Oz and Myx I believe?

Everyone's right to call out the League on the hypocrisy though. The heroic community has always turned a blind eye to certain people doing certain things. Jason Todd is welcome in the batcave and even Superman has a polite hello for him, but that guy's body count is probably higher than the average super villain's. Clark's hurled millions into the Phantom Zone, Diana has killed, Bruce's actions have led to disaster time and time again, etc. The League ignores it as long as the guilty party has saved a kitten or two.
    That's a problem with so many different writters I guess, we have the League disbanding Titans in Titans#19 because of Donna's possible evil future self, but nobody cares when Tim's possible evil future self who almost commited even more atrocities shows up (He was praised even!), and even less people care when Batman is the direct cause of Dark Nights Metal happening to begin with... I'd bet without fear favoritism has a lot to do with it too.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Barry absolutely feels some guilt over his actions in Flashpoint being used to screw up history. Same deal for Hal being possessed by Parallax, Clark being manipulated by Dominus, and I'm sure a host of other instances wherein the members of the JLA have been controlled or tricked or whatever into doing something dodgy by a villain. It goes with the territory of being a superhero. Nobody gets to stay in the game without a few black marks on their record. Batman, in particular, has definitely racked up a pretty expansive list of morally dubious actions over the past few decades.

I'm not going to worry too much about how one bad comic written by Abnett doesn't jibe with the rest of the DCU. There have been hundreds of bad comics put out by DC and Marvel over the years that everyone simply ignores because they don't hold up to any scrutiny. It happens all the time. There's no need to get upset about it or waste any energy trying to either justify it or railing against it.

Trust me, nobody is likely to mention this story again, because nobody much liked that story to begin with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I think Bruce knows about Flashpoint too due to the messed up timeline.

According to Tom King, everyone on the League knows: Damian Wayne recaps Thomas’s Life to him to show how pathetic he is saying he learned it all in the Justice League’s Restricted Files at the Hall of Justice
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe