Fantastic Member

Default Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) vs. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist)

Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) vs. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist). Who wins?

Ouch. Why do you hate Lynda Carter so much? This isn’t even remotely close.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ouch. Why do you hate Lynda Carter so much? This isn’t even remotely close.
    Sorry. I thought she stood a chance since most incarnations of Wonder Woman can go toe-to-toe with Supergirl.

Would Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman be a better match up?
    Last edited by 7-Love; 08-31-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Sorry. I thought she stood a chance since most incarnations of Wonder Woman can go toe-to-toe with Supergirl.

No. Supergirl is too fast and too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post

Let's put it this way. A good fight for the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman would maybe be the original Bionic Woman and WW would win that one. But the current crop of special effects is just beyond her.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

WW is horribly outclassed here. WW had trouble fighting a gorilla, she wouldn't stand a chance against Supergirl. Supergirl's feats outdo anything WW did on her show.

But that's not to belittle WW. She never had to fight supervillains on her show so her power levels were just right on the show. Any more powerful and the show could be cut down to 30 minutes.

Astonishing Member

Melissa gets knocked on her butt quite a lot. I think Gal has a chance and the sword might just give her a useful weapon as would the lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    WW is horribly outclassed here. WW had trouble fighting a gorilla, she wouldn't stand a chance against Supergirl. Supergirl's feats outdo anything WW did on her show.

But that's not to belittle WW. She never had to fight supervillains on her show so her power levels were just right on the show. Any more powerful and the show could be cut down to 30 minutes.
    In fairness, she was holding back tremendously against the gorilla to not hurt it. She had feats that showed she could have pulverized a gorilla with a backhand, such as smashing through brick walls. Plus they constantly ignored her speed except when she was blocking bullets or that time she caught a rocket from a rocket launcher. But she still is way below the level of CW Supergirl.

I definitely agree that her power level was just right for a show like that. Kind of like the television Hulk whose power level was just about right for a character that was only up against normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Melissa gets knocked on her butt quite a lot. I think Gal has a chance and the sword might just give her a useful weapon as would the lasso.
    Wrong Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Wrong Wonder Woman.
    The OP did come back and ask if Gal stood a better chance than Lynda.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The OP did come back and ask if Gal stood a better chance than Lynda.
    I missed that.

A better chance? Yes. But Supergirl, minus P.I.S., I think has the speed feats though I'm not 100% sure she has the combat speed feats. But with the aerial keepaway and heat vision, she's got this. Mind you, Supergirl seems to have equal or better strength feats too but flight and heat vision is just going for the sure win. Gal WW could block and reflect the heat vision back at her but then it's just going to go to fisticuffs which I think Supergirl still wins.

Astonishing Member

If it's Gal with standard gear, you have the lasso and the bracelet blast. Melissa does get affected by weaponry. I do think Melissa should be faster and stronger but it isn't a giveaway (it should be, facing a Kryptonian).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If it's Gal with standard gear, you have the lasso and the bracelet blast. Melissa does get affected by weaponry. I do think Melissa should be faster and stronger but it isn't a giveaway (it should be, facing a Kryptonian).
    She is massively stronger than Gal. In the class 100 range.