View Poll Results: Which trilogy are you looking forward to more?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rian Johnson's Trilogy

10 47.62%
  • David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Trilogy

11 52.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's bizarre that Disney/Star Wars has decided to go with these two(3) for the directors of the handling of the next star wars trilogies. I can't think of many other directors who are so divisive with the geek/movie fan base. If they went with Favreau or Edwards or the Russo's it would have such a different reaction from the fans/potential audience. I guess it's bold and risky so I respect them for that, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    It's bizarre that Disney/Star Wars has decided to go with these two(3) for the directors of the handling of the next star wars trilogies. I can't think of many other directors who are so divisive with the geek/movie fan base. If they went with Favreau or Edwards or the Russo's it would have such a different reaction from the fans/potential audience. I guess it's bold and risky so I respect them for that, I guess.
    Johnson got the job because they were happy with the work he did for TLJ. Not sure about the other two, but it was my understanding that the early Game of Thrones seasons were legitimately good things to have on your resume.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Does anyone know what Benioff and Weiss have worked on besides game of thrones?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Does anyone know what Benioff and Weiss have worked on besides game of thrones?
    Weiss was mostly a spec script guy before game of thrones so nothing really to go off of there but Benioff's been hot and cold; his 25th Hour was an original story and is one of my favorite Spike Lee films and he did Troy which was decent..but he also did X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Weiss was mostly a spec script guy before game of thrones so nothing really to go off of there but Benioff's been hot and cold; his 25th Hour was an original story and is one of my favorite Spike Lee films and he did Troy which was decent..but he also did X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    Was Troy a movie about the city of Troy and how it fell? Trying to remember if I saw that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Was Troy a movie about the city of Troy and how it fell? Trying to remember if I saw that or not.
    Yeah, it was a loose adaption of the Iliad starring Brad Pitt.

I find it amusing that y'all still believe that Rian will get another Star Wars movie when Disney has been trying their best to ghost him. At this point Jon Favreau has a much better chance at getting a movie.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-16-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I find it amusing that y'all still believe that Rian will get another Star Wars movie when Disney has been trying their best to ghost him. At this point Jon Favreau has a much better chance at getting a movie.
    You always seem to think his time with Star Wars is over despite official news saying the exact opposite of your opinion.

I mean, I disliked the Last Jedi too but it made a crap ton of money, a lot of people did like it and as a director the guy is well thought of so to assume that he's just going to go away boggles the mind.

The Last Jedi was good and I've never watched anything by the other guys, so...

I find it amusing how people grasp at every straw to rationalize that Johnson's movies aren't happening, despite no confirmation.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I find it amusing how people grasp at every straw to rationalize that Johnson's movies aren't happening, despite no confirmation.
    Whether he gets a movie or not will likely be determined by how well the Rise of Skywalker does. If it underperforms, and by underperforms, I mean it makes either less than a billion or barely a billion with merchandise sales still being down, then I doubt he'll get a movie since the last two movies will have bombed and underperformed, respectively. If it does okay, though, then it's still going to be up in the air as to whether or not he gets a movie since there is no question that The Last Jedi did divide the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Let's hear from the man himself!

“The truth is they are still figuring out their schedule, their game plan, so if it is possible for me to squeeze in another film before or while working on that, I will,” Johnson said.
    https://www.ibtimes.com/rian-johnson...movies-2827888

Still trying to figure out their game plan?squeeze in another film before or while working on that, I will?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

“The truth is they are still figuring out their schedule, their game plan, so if it is possible for me to squeeze in another film before or while working on that, I will,” Johnson said.

Still trying to figure out their game plan?squeeze in another film before or while working on that, I will?
    I read that, and no where does it say, "I'm really disappointed to say it, but it doesn't look like Disney is interested in my vision." ...or anything remotely like it, but it does say he's still excited about the project and is looking forward to share details when he can and that doesn't sound like something a guy who feels he's being shelved would say.

But hey, if you want to pretend otherwise it's a free country.

If you watch the full interview with him, Johnson says he may be able to shoot another original feature after "Knives Out" because his "Star Wars" timelines remain up in the air. He's unsure if it's another original film or straight into Star Wars next ... he has yet to decide.

That's pretty clear, IMHO, that Disney is waiting on him. But he's either making his trilogy next or after one more film.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Whether he gets a movie or not will likely be determined by how well the Rise of Skywalker does. If it underperforms, and by underperforms, I mean it makes either less than a billion or barely a billion with merchandise sales still being down, then I doubt he'll get a movie since the last two movies will have bombed and underperformed, respectively.
    One movie; TLJ was the biggest movie of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    If it does okay, though, then it's still going to be up in the air as to whether or not he gets a movie since there is no question that The Last Jedi did divide the fanbase.
    A vocal minority does not a broken fanbase make.

As noted before, doesn't prove your point.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)