Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DCeased #5 Preview/Spoiler Discussion

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's surprising that people aren't talking about this. I don't care for regular zombies but it's a pretty neat event with Superman front and center while Batman is a zombie. Thought people would eat that up here haha.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's surprising that people aren't talking about this. I don't care for regular zombies but it's a pretty neat event with Superman front and center while Batman is a zombie. Thought people would eat that up here haha.
    Actually, Bruce, Dick, Tim, and Babs are all dead. Jason is unknown (for now). Even the Birds of Prey with Selina were infected. Alfred was able to survive though.

I would think Taylor might be repeating himself with Superman and Luthor working together and coming together after the destruction of Metropolis...but Luthor is clearly a villain here so it'll likely be a different dynamic.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am happy that alfred, lois, jon and damian are alive for the time being. This is the only book where i can get a cool jon. Damian is officially bat-man/boy?.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am happy that lois, jon and damian are alive for the time being. This is the only book where i can get a cool jon. Damian is officially bat-man/boy?.
    I wanna call him Batboy.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I wanna call him Batboy.
    Like jon did. Taylor did say something about supersons. Didn't he?

Umm so I just realized this because I was too focused on Luthor, but any idea who the person in the second power suit is supposed to be?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Umm so I just realized this because I was too focused on Luthor, but any idea who the person in the second power suit is supposed to be?
    Mercy Graves?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mercy Graves?
    Lena Luthor?

I think it's a crime more people aren't talking about this book lol In my opinion, except for twice a year when Doomsday Clock comes out, DCeased is the best book DC has going in 2019. Taylor is a marvelous writer with this "world on the brink" stuff, and his dialogue captures the characters well and is full of emotion without being hokey. No spoilers for those who haven't read it yet, but that line of Luthor's in the preview...hitting his knees in despair, "look what happened to OUR city"...that's some damn good stuff.

The last 4 or 5 pages of this issue are worth the price of admission alone. I need Taylor on a Superman ongoing!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I hope alfred, ma, jon and damian survive the wrath of zombie superman. I mean if lois is the last survivor it would totally suck for her. Losing the kid and husband at the same time. That's a lot.

This really is the best DC book out right now. Kinda sucks that it involves the world ending and all our favorite heroes dying horrible deaths.

With Clark now infected, this definitely won't have a good ending. Bittersweet, maybe. But I don't expect much in thr way of survivors. Lois is probably gonna make it. Maybe Martha too. My gut is telling me that Damian's either gonna live or make some kind of heroic sacrifice. But Jon and especially Dinah? I feel like they're toast.