• Love it

4 3.77%
  • ok with it

52 49.06%
  • Hate it

50 47.17%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Wasn't it some nonsense about Bendis not liking to write young kids because he has young kids? Or am I confusing him for another writer who doesn't like kid heroes?
    Scott Snyder didn't want to write Damian during his Batman run because he's got a son around the same age and didn't feel comfortable with the idea. Or so I've heard.

But as far as I know he's got no issue with kids or writing kids. Hell, he's writing a very young kid right now in Justice League (Hawkgirl and J'onn's son from a fictional future). But you'll notice that kid isn't getting into fist fights with Bane.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I think it's more about the kids and violence than it is about the kids for Snyder, which is a shame because he writes both Damian and Jon pretty well when he does write them. He could do a great Super Sons.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. Guess it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Clark's connection to the legion anymore. Yikes. I'm not even a Legion fan and that hurt.
    Same here I mean talk about your hurtful moments as that one left a wound.

I hate it because I love the Legion's connection to Superman and Clark's time as Superboy.

I am already counting down to the next Legion Reboot, where hopefully, Superman's connection to the Legion is restored.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I hate it because I love the Legion's connection to Superman and Clark's time as Superboy.

I am already counting down to the next Legion Reboot, where hopefully, Superman's connection to the Legion is restored.
    I think they're gonna try to keep this one around for a while since it has Bendis' name on it. :x

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    It doesn't matter, when this Bendis nightmare run is over, Geoff Johns will have to do some kind of soft reboot to fix all this anyway lol.
    Ugh. No thanks. I've had enough of Johns' bland with a side of vanilla interpretation of Supes.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I think they're gonna try to keep this one around for a while since it has Bendis' name on it. :x
    Unfortunately, but it feels inevitable that the Legion will be rebooted again at some point.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Why though? He's not selling well. He's not bringing in new readers. Hell, I believe his sales are declining. So why would DC continue to let him screw up thier properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Why though? He's not selling well. He's not bringing in new readers. Hell, I believe his sales are declining. So why would DC continue to let him screw up thier properties?
    The Superbooks are selling solidly and are stable a year and a half into his run. Action has actually gone up a touch in the last few months if I remember correctly. They are performing as well as anything else reader retention wise for the market. They are actually some of DC’s best selling non-Bat books. He’s even expanded the line with the Lois & Jimmy books.

Wonder Comic line is selling well for what they are and they just extended the minis to 12 issues. Naomi is doing well and has a good amount of hype. Bendis is solid sales wise for DC.

Yeah, its just not true to say he's not selling well. The Super books are doing pretty par for general course, as good as Superman can do these days. As for bringing in new readers, he's not doing that no, but no one who preceded him succeeded there either, so that's a goal being met by no one for quite some time.

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree that his influence should grow, I've liked some things he's done with Superman previously but the Legion thing was a big negative blow to me. And the Batman rumor is just god-awful too. But all the same there is absolutely nothing at this point reflecting in the sales to outright discourage it from DC's point of view.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't think the idea that new readers are not coming into superman is actually correct. It is true that numbers aren't that much compared to new52 reboot. But, i believe there are people who came on with bendis. Ofcourse, many left during that period as well due to hating the direction on superfamily.but, i guess that's normal.
    I do also think that for the hype he was given with "bendis was coming" thing. I believe, he fell short. The changes he made till day haven't had a worthwhile reward for the readers including rogol zaar . That's just my opinion. The greatest things he did are not exactly from his own book. But, getting the lois book and jimmy book a chance. i also think his coming has seriously destroyed supersons franchise or a better teen titans book and i don't the the legion book by bendis is a suitable replacement.
    Since, young justice doesn't seem to have gang buster opening even with characters like connor returning . I doubt the legion will have it as well. Its a reboot. In a market that is fed up of it.i mean, its like the seventh iteration of the characters.

Modern Superman writers don't know how to develop the character without taking his history away from him.

I hate it.

Mighty Member

Default Clark and the Legion...

is it true? Say it isn't so...that Clark's son Jon took the Legion away from him...

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    is it true? Say it isn't so...that Clark's son Jon took the Legion away from him...
    Jon didn't take anything from Clark. He's a victim in all this too. I don't know who it was that made the incredibly cruel decision to not only have Clark not remember being a Legionaire, but to actually show the readers his Legion being erased from existence. But it definitely wasn't Jon taking anything from him.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

At first, I was skeptical of the idea, but I now think it works because Doomsday Clock did such a good job of showing how important Clark was to the foundation of the LSH, so I don't think it's particularly absolutely essential that Superman, or anyone else in the DCU, actually remembers Clark's Superboy being a part of the original LSH, because this is a new incarnation of the team.

Swapping out Superboys kinda works as a new reader-friendly way of clearing the decks of the burden of what is or isn't in continuity, and starting fresh with a new team that has all the elements that made the old team work, but updated for modern audiences.