Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Was Knockout Inspired By Maxima?

Both are buxom, redheaded alien women who are attracted to a male member of the Superfamily. They even both wear green.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Knockout was always gross to me because she seemed to be a grown ass woman, and Conner was physically 15 or 16.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Knockout was always gross to me because she seemed to be a grown ass woman, and Conner was physically 15 or 16.
    Similar issues with Tana. And it's not typically addressed. Never read the letters pages to see what fans (that got published) thought then.

The thing with Knockout, though, is that she was playing Kon. She always wanted him for her lapdog. Yeah, cute in a jailbait sort of way, but he was a toy to play with, and something she wanted to corrupt. Which is even creepier, of course, but made for what I found a interesting storyline.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have some trouble remembering actually, but I know she wasn't really into him and has since become a lesbian. As a clone of a grown man though the age isn't quite relevant. If it's just looks vs being an actual teen, it's not that bad.

Ptobably a coincidence with Maxima though. Redheads just look good in green one pieces.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As a clone of a grown man though the age isn't quite relevant. If it's just looks vs being an actual teen, it's not that bad.
    Clone is nothing but nature of birth/genetic material. That his donor was grown is not significant. He did not reach full maturity or get a full info download before absconding Cadmus. But he wasn't a newborn emotionally/mentally the start, either. He was stated to be mentally, emotionally, and physically 15 years old when he escaped Cadmus.

As I agreed, ages don't really matter for clones. But as he was intended to be a man, based on a man, for intents and purposes it's a little different than him being a direct clone of Kal El as Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    As I agreed, ages don't really matter for clones. But as he was intended to be a man, based on a man, for intents and purposes it's a little different than him being a direct clone of Kal El as Superboy.
    He was intended to be a man, but his development was interrupted and he escaped before being grown to maturity or having all of a man's knowledge implanted (the Newsboys did it). So, he was a boy, not a man.

I have some trouble remembering actually, but I know she wasn't really into him and has since become a lesbian. As a clone of a grown man though the age isn't quite relevant. If it's just looks vs being an actual teen, it's not that bad.

Ptobably a coincidence with Maxima though. Redheads just look good in green one pieces.
    She's bisexual not a lesbian.

Conner was for all intents and purposes, treated as a teenager.

Conner was for all intents and purposes, treated as a teenager.
    Right. And if we were to say he was a grown man (which I don't buy), then him dating Serling and Cassie (and flirting with several teenage girls) would be the gross bit.

It's kind of a hair splitting argument to what Superlad brought up. As a clone he's really not a man or a boy. Physically and emotionally he lined up with a teenaged peer up so that's where we saw him, but it's not like physical ir emotional maturity are inherent. For one thing as a 31 year old I still get carded when employees use judgment over strict card policy. It would be the same scenario chronologically and emotionally with Knockout and Black Zero though even if he did look a good ten years older.

As a clone he's really not a man or a boy.
    That has nothing at all to do with being a clone. All being a clone has anything to do with is where genetic material comes from. It does have to do with the the speed-aging, but clones don't have to be speed-aged. It would make zero difference if the genetic material came from a 4 year old or a 40 year old. It has everything to do with brain development, non-brain physical development (hormonal systems, etc.) and with what was put into his head.

For one thing as a 31 year old I still get carded when employees use judgment over strict card policy. It would be the same scenario chronologically and emotionally with Knockout and Black Zero though even if he did look a good ten years older.
    Not really. The scientists who grew him said he was teenager. They are in the best position to know. It's not subjective - it's a biological fact that his physical development is that of a teenager and that (before the treatment that froze his age), he would have continued aging and reached physical maturity just as any non-vat-grown teenager would. It is also a fact that mentally he'd had info dumped into his head up until freshman year of highschool (and I believe it was said that they were going year-by-year in knowledge implantation, too). He was mentally and physically a teenager - this was something told to the audience.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It is also a fact that mentally he'd had info dumped into his head up until freshman year of highschool (and I believe it was said that they were going year-by-year in knowledge implantation, too). He was mentally and physically a teenager - this was something told to the audience.
    Yeah I vividly remember that being mentioned unambiguously in text.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I don't remember much beyond what was mentioned in the first issues of his original series. He was a premature clone of a man, not deliberately a teenager. In story the reason he claims to be Superman is because he was designed to be a man. They called him the *equivalent* of a teenager, and I don't remember a mention of high school but obviously that's where he would and did end up on the few occasions school came up. I really don't mind that we are saying some of the same things in a way that looks disagreeable. My point is just that he was technically not a real teen in life experience and so the worst part about flirting with KO is that she just looked much bigger and older than him even if age doesn't apply. Sorry how off topic this has all been, though, Agent Z.

I don't remember much beyond what was mentioned in the first issues of his original series. He was a premature clone of a man, not deliberately a teenager. They called him the *equivalent* of a teenager, and I don't remember a mention of high school but obviously that's where he would and did end up on the few occasions school came up. I really don't mind that we are saying some of the same things in a way that looks disagreeable.
    He is the equivalent of a teenager because he's really three weeks old, not because he's really a grown man. Yes, they did intend him to be a grown man - what they intended didn't happen (because it was interrupted), so he wound up a boy instead.

My point is just that he was technically not a real teen in life experience and so the worst part about flirting with KO is that she just looked much bigger and older than him even if age doesn't apply.
    It's not about her looking older, and certainly not about her being bigger. It's about her being a biologcal, mental, emotional adult while he is biologically, mentally, and emotionally a 15/16 year old (he was called both early on).

He attended school in his own comic, and ran out of downloaded info (and started failing tests) in freshman year of high school.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-01-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Incredible Member